April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Sable

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by shelly_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING. Beautiful texture, color, tone, wear and everything else. Couldn't be happier! This has a gorgeous shimmer/glow and makes my brown eyes pop.

Had so so many compliments with wearing this with MAC naked lunch on lower lid and MAC shroom as a highlighter. Sable is what I wanted MAC taupe to be, unfortunately taupe made me look like I'd been punched! So if taupe is also horrid with your skin tone, give sable a go.

True HG for me and I've purchased it at least 4 times, which is saying something given the
pigment and how long one of them lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Dramos620

Lets start off by saying beautiful blend able color. So great for brown eyes. It gives a pop of color with a nice sheen. I love pairing this with soft brown on the lids blan type on brow bone Nd rule crease and out rev with sable. GORGEOUS!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by katherinebertrand

Gosh I love this colour! It's interesting and beautiful. Looks great on and blends well. Lovely texture and pigment.
I love mixing this with MAC's 'Antiqued' - another beautiful colour.
My friend and I both have this colour and whenever I see her wear it I love it!
It does last well without a primer however I'm in the habit of wearing one all the time as it does make it look that much better and last longer without any creases.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

Sometimes you just have to concede that the most popular, beloved shades just don't flatter you. Personally this is true for 'Sable' and 'Satin Taupe' - very highly regarded eyeshadows but on me, 'blah'. Anyway, Sable is a bronze-plum with gold undertones. The pigmentation is good and it applies smoothly, but on me it turns to a very, very brown-red. Makes me look super tired and very unflattering for my eye colour. Will never repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love MAC shadows and have been too lazy to review them....I love this color!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by trumpetgirl808

I went to a MAC event and I asked the lady to do a smokey eye for me. She used Sable, Smut, and Corduroy. I fell in love with Sable and so I bought it. When I brought it home, my mom tried it on and also fell in love with this color. I would definitely buy this color again! I love the shimmer and how it's not too strong of a color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

EDIT: I LOVE SABLE! Why the change of heart you ask? For two reasons... 1. I got a tan. 2. I scraped the top layer of the eyeshadow off and underneath the texture was much better. When I was at my palest (NC15) this eyeshadow did absolutely nothing for me... but I've been hanging by the pool a bit this summer and now I'm about an NC20 and it looks beautiful! My favorite way to wear it is Sable packed on the lid and into the crease blended out with a little Soft Brown and Vanilla to highlight. It's gorgeous! My best advice to anyone interested in Sable is give it a try... but very fair gals proceed with caution.

I wanted to love this... I just don't. I bought a pan of Sable, then gave it away... and bought it for the second time because I thought maybe I had a dud. Both had so-so pigmentation and I don't the texture. It's dry and although it is a frost there isn't much detectable shimmer when packed on the lid. It just looks like this drab boring reddish smear on my eye. Don't get me wrong, I love MAC eyeshadows... Of the 80 or so that I own this is one of my least used. Come to think of it, everytime I try to use Sable I end up just wiping it off and starting over. I think it may look better on darker skin. I am NC15 for reference...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A lovely plummy colour!

Price: $16 CAD
Colour: midtone plummy brown
Finish: soft shimmer with coppery sheen
Pigmentation: medium
Texture: buttery

This is a lovely colour for brown and green eyes for it has both purple and coppery undertones
I love pairing this with champagne or light-ish gold colours for a subtle day time smokey looks.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by modelsoup202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this color thinking that it would be a similar color/dupe for Urban Decay's Toasted. It looks nothing like Toasted. Toasted is a warm taupe shade that is closer to Satin Taupe. The pigmentation and texture of this shadow is alright but nothing that blows me away. All in all it's a nice reddish brown shimmer shade, if that is what you are looking for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by lnielsen22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lovely on the lids with Mulch in the outer v, Black Tied lining upper lid, and a tiny bit of Sable under the eyes with a touch of brown liner (I used Estee Lauder walnut brown). This was a nice natural but polished look for me. I'm looking forward to seeing how it will look with Shroom on the lid, Sable in the crease, or Sable alone all over the eye, as some of the reviewers suggested. This is a nice warm color that works well with green eyes. By the way, the image above of the eye with the color on the lid is the most accurate representation of what Sable really looks like.