April 25, 2014 | 921 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Eye Basics

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Griffin13

Overall, thin consistency, does not cover well.
Packaging is good, easy to apply.
Quite a bit in the container seems like a good value.

Not usually a primer fan as I don't wear eyeshadows but the associate at Sephora tried it on me while I was purchasing foundation and I thought it looked great. The novelty wore off after a few days and i'm back to using foundation/concealer on eyelids again. I use it now and then and remember I don't like it and put it back.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Lhegge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wonder if it's been reformulated? The consistency is very thin, doesn't work well for me as a primer, it's very slippery with very little coverage. My veins show through even when layered. It wasn't cheap so I'm trying to use it up but it's hard to reach for because it's so horrible. This is the first LM product I've purchased and not loved. Should've swatched it before taking it home.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by boredtotears1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gah!!! What IS this stuff?? It's terrible! I love LM stuff i really do but this stuff is the worst product ice ever tried. I know it's supposed to be a great eyeshadow primer , and I know you're supposed to be able to wear it alone. I've tried both , and the results are equally horrifying. Made my eyelids dry up & look even more old , crepey & frog-like than normal. It actually made me look older. That's not right is it? Awful stuff. Massive dislike.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by mariangelin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in shade LINEN.
Benefits:
1. It's long lasting product (it lasts ALL DAY). Doesn't faint at all during the day.
2. It doesn't crease at all (note: my eyelinds are too oily)
3. You need a little amount (3 touches of its brush at maximum).
4. It blents easily. Just apply it immediately on your eyelids.
5. This is the second time I buy this. The previous one lasted for 10 months.
Con:
1. It's pricey (30 euros) but it's definitely a worth buying product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by do288

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this to wear under my eyeshadeow for my destination wedding in the Caribbean last year and I have been using it every single day since. This is the best eye primer I have ever used! You don't even need to wear eyeshadow with it - I often times wear it alone and it makes my eyes pop and brings out the brown in my eyes (I wear the Wheat color). I highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Lexus95

I have reddish undertone around my eyes and desperately needed good eye shadow primer. I got frustrated at first before using this for the first time, since I didn't know exactly how to use this product. In other words,

1) Do I put foundation, concealer or powder with this?
2) If so, in what order?

Even at this point, I don't know.

Anyhow, I used this AFTER I applied regular primer, concealer, foundation and powder. The result was messy. After this, I applied this after moisturizer (making sure that my eyelids were completely dry). It didn't look like I had enough coverage, but I applied eye shadow over it and it worked.

It seems that this base brings out the original color of eyeshadow and it definitely helps keeping it longer which is a huge plus. I would be very careful of one thing, however. You need to build up eyeshadow little by little, since it is almost impossible to reduce or fix the color once applied.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I love LM products so thought I would give this a try over the Nars smudge proof eye shadow primer. First impressions where great. it is great for oily eyelids which I have and it definitely holds the colour. The only downside is I found my eyelids got quite tight where the crease of my eyelid is and this then made me keep touching my eyelids. I got this in Linen which is a good colour match, slightly lighter than my skin tone but great to really make your shadow pop. Overall, I'm hit and miss with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by sxs

I have super oily lids and nothing keeps my eyeliner on for more than a few hours. Usually, even with UD primer or Too Faced primer, it ends up a faint line or smudge by the end of my work day. This keeps my liner on the whole time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I love Laura Mercier products and especially 'eye basics' I apply this product before applying darker eye shadows and it keeps my eye shadow on all day, literally all day. I have never found a product that works as well. I will always be a loyal fan to this line.

Would you buy this product again? yes yes yes!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Tinuwiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a very sensitive skin and this product didn't cause any reactions and bumps. It has a nice coverage and matte finish so it is very useful for eye lid discolorations. It also acts like a primer for me.

The only down side is that it is on the dry side. So if you have dry eyelids, I would recommend putting the product on your fingertips, blend than apply to the eyelids by patting. This makes blending easier (and less pulling the skin).

I got the color wheat and it is looking very natural on NC25 skin. But next time I may try a little lighter shade.