October 22, 2014 | 1393 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Eye Basics

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Forever25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this eye basic in Caramel. I really like the color, so so with the texture. It goes on smoothly, leaves a sheer brownish wet sand color finish, last all day. The only con is the wand makes it hard to control the amount of product when apply, so need to pad very well with the fingers.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by angiedairou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE, but use it as a shadow, not as a primer. I love this with just liner and a colourful lip. I am NC30 and have it in flax and linen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by hippodeem

this eyeshadow base stays very put and in place. the color choices are great for different skin tone. i am pale asian and flax color suits me very well. the eyeshadow and liner go on very smooth and stay still. it is quite different to get it off though i must say. easier with waterproof / cleansing oil eye makeup remover. this is better than too faced or urban decay IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by beautykrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This applies to the shade Linen. My favourite primer. I used to use Mac Painterly but this is so much better. Perhaps Painterly holds shadow on longer without creasing but this is still better. Painterly paint pot was dry and patchy compared to this, and too pink. This is the perfect base. It's almost like using YSL Touche Eclat or similar on your eyes, it makes your lids so perfect and flawless, like a brightening concealer as well as a primer. It is so smooth and silky, shadows just glide on and stay all day. You don't need a base shade like Mac Brullee or anything like that with this, you could skip highlighter on the browbone or use it as a natural lid shade. I often just use this all over with something in the crease and it looks lovely.
There's no dragging or patchiness, I guess the silky feel on application is silicones but it's not too siliconey at all ( I found UDPP too siliconey and watery). It is a bit expensive but it LASTS. I took a lippie off the overall rating because it could hold shadows longer without creasing in hot weather, but apart from that it's flawless to me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Griffin13

Overall, thin consistency, does not cover well.
Packaging is good, easy to apply.
Quite a bit in the container seems like a good value.

Not usually a primer fan as I don't wear eyeshadows but the associate at Sephora tried it on me while I was purchasing foundation and I thought it looked great. The novelty wore off after a few days and i'm back to using foundation/concealer on eyelids again. I use it now and then and remember I don't like it and put it back.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Lhegge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wonder if it's been reformulated? The consistency is very thin, doesn't work well for me as a primer, it's very slippery with very little coverage. My veins show through even when layered. It wasn't cheap so I'm trying to use it up but it's hard to reach for because it's so horrible. This is the first LM product I've purchased and not loved. Should've swatched it before taking it home.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by boredtotears1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gah!!! What IS this stuff?? It's terrible! I love LM stuff i really do but this stuff is the worst product ice ever tried. I know it's supposed to be a great eyeshadow primer , and I know you're supposed to be able to wear it alone. I've tried both , and the results are equally horrifying. Made my eyelids dry up & look even more old , crepey & frog-like than normal. It actually made me look older. That's not right is it? Awful stuff. Massive dislike.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by mariangelin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in shade LINEN.
Benefits:
1. It's long lasting product (it lasts ALL DAY). Doesn't faint at all during the day.
2. It doesn't crease at all (note: my eyelinds are too oily)
3. You need a little amount (3 touches of its brush at maximum).
4. It blents easily. Just apply it immediately on your eyelids.
5. This is the second time I buy this. The previous one lasted for 10 months.
Con:
1. It's pricey (30 euros) but it's definitely a worth buying product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by do288

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this to wear under my eyeshadeow for my destination wedding in the Caribbean last year and I have been using it every single day since. This is the best eye primer I have ever used! You don't even need to wear eyeshadow with it - I often times wear it alone and it makes my eyes pop and brings out the brown in my eyes (I wear the Wheat color). I highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Lexus95

I have reddish undertone around my eyes and desperately needed good eye shadow primer. I got frustrated at first before using this for the first time, since I didn't know exactly how to use this product. In other words,

1) Do I put foundation, concealer or powder with this?
2) If so, in what order?

Even at this point, I don't know.

Anyhow, I used this AFTER I applied regular primer, concealer, foundation and powder. The result was messy. After this, I applied this after moisturizer (making sure that my eyelids were completely dry). It didn't look like I had enough coverage, but I applied eye shadow over it and it worked.

It seems that this base brings out the original color of eyeshadow and it definitely helps keeping it longer which is a huge plus. I would be very careful of one thing, however. You need to build up eyeshadow little by little, since it is almost impossible to reduce or fix the color once applied.