Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is GREAT! I sweat, or get rained on, and it STAYS! LOVE IT! I will say this is more for people with an artistic steady hand, but if you think you have mastered applying eyeliner, then GO FOR IT! I will say I do prefer a pen form rather than this. Some of it dries out and gets gunky at the top. Also, if you rub your eyes it will crumble off and smudge. But overall, if I need an eyeliner that WILL LAST ALL DAY, I WILL BUY THIS ONE!

on 3/24/2015 1:44:00 AM

Difficult to use coming from a girl who typically uses brush tips. Just too difficult, time consuming, not great results, flakes off, and feels a little hard on my lids.

on 3/6/2015 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- very nice thin brush (the brush is made of bristles, not felt tipped)
- nice color pay off

CONS:
- maybe because its waterproof but the liquid sometimes drys quickly on the brush so make sure to apply quickly
- when i remove this with makeup remover, the liner flakes off in pieces onto my skin instead of wiping off on the napkin
- not exactly waterproof! sometimes my eyes get watery and parts of the liner would flake off

on 2/28/2015 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I'm on my second bottle now and this is definitely my go to. I find it reliable because I've used it long enough that I'm able to troubleshoot most of its flaws (on my skin). The biggest payoff for me is that this lasts ALL DAY through sweating, partying, and normal wear. It's a true black that shows up well on my skin and possibly on other medium to dark skin tones which means it might be more unnatural on fair skin.
The brush might be tricky at first, but once you get the dexterity to control the brush, it gives a really great range of thin to thick lines.
If you're not careful it's easy to overestimate how much product to leave on the brush when you apply and this leads to the flaking and cracking. Also, if you have dry skin on your eyelids, this liner might not be worth it. I usually open this, evaluate the amount of product on the brush and scrape off any excess along the inner opening of the tube to drip back in. It now takes about 20 seconds to put this on, another 20 to dry, and I'm out the door.

on 2/3/2015 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for years! It's great for long lasting liquid eyeliner!! & the price is very affordable and lasts forever. Only problem is the brush is hard to get the perfect wing. It took me awhile to get used to it!

on 11/29/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This was the first liquid liner I ever bought, and it admittedly took a while to get the hang of (liquid liner is hard!). But I've been using it for a couple of months now, and it does an all right job. My go to look is a cat eye, and you can just do a little flick and it goes on pretty smoothly.

That being said, I do have a few issues with this product. Firstly, it takes a while to dry. I have hooded Asian eyes, so if I open them while the line is even kind of damp, it gets on the rest of my lid. Not good. Secondly, it has a tendency to flake as the day drags on, especially where I wing the liner out. After 5+ hours, the bottom of the wings will have flaked away.

True to its claim, it is waterproof; I've worn this stuff to the ocean and it's stayed on pretty well, and I've also worked out and taken naps with it on with minimal wear-off. I have no clue why it flakes while just wearing it; maybe my eyes are a bit oily.

Overall, it does an okay job. I haven't hated using it, but I wouldn't repurchase it.

on 11/13/2014 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

El peor delineador líquido que he probado. Al momento de secarse se cuartea... Y se va cayendo en pedacitos el color. Pésimo producto.

This is my holy grail liner. Most liners wont hold up to a sweaty 12 hour shift. This one will! It might break at the end if I'm rubbing my eyes, but no raccoon eyes. It comes off super easy, but it'll stay on when you're working out even! I've also worn it into the pool once!

Now, the brush is not easy to use. I would NOT recommend this for people who haven't had a lot of experience with liquid eyeliner. It does need a few seconds to dry, you do need to mind your eyelashes, and you need a lot of practice. When you do finally get that practice in, this eyeliner is absolute gold!

I say for the experienced users: Try it, and use it for awhile before you pass your judgement. It could definitely surprise you!

on 10/31/2014 12:58:00 PM

I've been using this liner for about a month or two now, and I have to say, its not bad. it goes on smooth, its very black, and its true to the waterproof claim. The only complaint i have is that it can get a little messy sometimes, one stray brush bristle will ruin your entire eye. Also, you can literally peel it off if you can get a finger nail under it. and it leaves my lids a little red.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product. I have hooded eyes and there has not been one eye liner that has not smudged onto my eye lid by the end of the day, even with an eye primer.

My mom has been using this for years, but never thought to try it as I thought I needed something "special" and she didn't know what was up in the makeup world. She's visiting this weekend and after spending $20 each on the Stila eyeliner and the new Benefit eyeliner (which by the way, is the least smudge proof and water proof of this one, Stila, and Mac fluid line), I decided to just give it a go. If it didn't work, it couldn't be worse than the Benefit eyeliner I just spent $20 on that, not only smudges onto my eyelid, but also slides down to the outer corner of my eyes.

Put my usual Smashbox eye primer (the brand new one is my HG.. Comes in a silver tube) on and followed with my mom's eyeliner. SO BLACK AND SO FLUID. The applicator brush is small enough that it is easy to control even for an inexperienced person. Gel and liquid liner definitely takes some time getting used to, but this one was a breeze to apply.

I think the only downside for me is that it takes awhile to dry since it is so liquidy. I DONT CARE. If it stays put on my face, I'm taking it with whatever bad it comes with.

I put it on this morning, sweat all throughout the day (I'm a super sweaty person), and I came home to my eyes looking I like they did this morning.

I think the reason I had a flake-less experience was because of the eye primer. It flaked bit when I was taking it off with makeup wipes, but at that point I don't care what happens with my makeup.