Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

I have tried several drugstore and high end eyeliners and this one is my favorite. It is kinda matte, which I really like, it stays on all day, and even though the brush might be pretty thin for some looks, it really works for cat eye. It does dry pretty fast, so you gotta get use to that. But besides that, I love it and the price is my fav!!!

I have used this liner for years on my waterline. Have tried every pencil out there and nothing has staying power that this does.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using liquid liner for over ten years. Most recently, I switched from Rimmel to Maybelline mainly due to a BOGO sale. I love this liner. Goes on easy, stays on all day despite my super greasy skin. The only downside might be for those new to liquid liners..the applicator brush is really thin. You need to work fast before it dries.

This is a reliable little eyeliner. I've bought more expensive liquid eyeliners that totally sucked compared to this one. Even Maybelline ' s more expensive eyeliners really don't touch this one.

It's not Stila's Stay All Day, but for the price it's a good substitute for me. The brush is pretty easy to use, and I can get a nice consistent line with it. It's easy to do wings as well. It does dry quickly, but that's not a problem. You can go back over an area if you need to, and if you mess up it comes off very easily with makeup remover.

This is definitely waterproof and sweat proof. It's not exactly flake proof, though. Sometimes it will begin to flak off in areas. It's rare when this happens to me though. It's usually only when I'm removing it, so no biggie!

I'm taking off a lippies only because it's easy to get this stuff on your eyelashes, which makes them hard and crunchy, and makes mascara a pain to apply. I've tried wiping off everything but the brush before I apply the eyeliner, but it still manages to get on my lashes anyway. It's a small gripe but it does irritate me (and my lashes).

Overall, this is an excellent value for the money. It's the HG of drugstore liquid eyeliner. And at under $5 you really can't beat the good value.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this for my weekend getaway and used it for a day at the water park. I applied this at 6am and started swimming around 12:30pm. I was going under water and in many water slides. I also sweat quite a bit and washed my face under water several times. When I returned to the hotel this was still on in its place. It did not smear at all and came off easily with my makeup removal wipes. I will totally keep using this product and recommend it to anyone who sweats or plans on being in the water. It totally surpassed my expectations and for under $6 you can't beat the price.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is GREAT! I sweat, or get rained on, and it STAYS! LOVE IT! I will say this is more for people with an artistic steady hand, but if you think you have mastered applying eyeliner, then GO FOR IT! I will say I do prefer a pen form rather than this. Some of it dries out and gets gunky at the top. Also, if you rub your eyes it will crumble off and smudge. But overall, if I need an eyeliner that WILL LAST ALL DAY, I WILL BUY THIS ONE!

Difficult to use coming from a girl who typically uses brush tips. Just too difficult, time consuming, not great results, flakes off, and feels a little hard on my lids.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- very nice thin brush (the brush is made of bristles, not felt tipped)
- nice color pay off

CONS:
- maybe because its waterproof but the liquid sometimes drys quickly on the brush so make sure to apply quickly
- when i remove this with makeup remover, the liner flakes off in pieces onto my skin instead of wiping off on the napkin
- not exactly waterproof! sometimes my eyes get watery and parts of the liner would flake off

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I'm on my second bottle now and this is definitely my go to. I find it reliable because I've used it long enough that I'm able to troubleshoot most of its flaws (on my skin). The biggest payoff for me is that this lasts ALL DAY through sweating, partying, and normal wear. It's a true black that shows up well on my skin and possibly on other medium to dark skin tones which means it might be more unnatural on fair skin.
The brush might be tricky at first, but once you get the dexterity to control the brush, it gives a really great range of thin to thick lines.
If you're not careful it's easy to overestimate how much product to leave on the brush when you apply and this leads to the flaking and cracking. Also, if you have dry skin on your eyelids, this liner might not be worth it. I usually open this, evaluate the amount of product on the brush and scrape off any excess along the inner opening of the tube to drip back in. It now takes about 20 seconds to put this on, another 20 to dry, and I'm out the door.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for years! It's great for long lasting liquid eyeliner!! & the price is very affordable and lasts forever. Only problem is the brush is hard to get the perfect wing. It took me awhile to get used to it!