January 28, 2015 | 925 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2015 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Chells182

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this bronzer not too dark but not too light !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2015 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Chelseadeluna

everyone is right! this is a really great bronzer especially for the price. i have combo oily skin and it stays all day !!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2015 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Amypeacemanchester

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For the price this Bronzer is really good! You only needs a bit as it can be a bit dark! It's easy to blend and lasts all day

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2015 7:02:00 PM More reviews by claudrcruz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is literally a steal. I use this everyday <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2015 12:42:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Terrific product that I use almost every day on my very fair skin, which gets even paler due to the slight white cast ANY sunscreen leaves on my face. "Wan" is not a good look on me. I use this very lightly with the big, fluffy Real Techniques blush brush (which is more like a powder brush in my opinion) as the last step in my face makeup routine (i.e., after sunscreen, foundation, and blush) to warm up my skin in areas that still seem a little pale. I don't really do contouring, so I can't comment on that use. However, I LOVE that it's matte, as I don't want glitter or sparkle all over my 40-year-old face, and it never irritates my very sensitive skin. Nor does it look orangey or muddy. The key for me is a LIGHT application with a brush - the little sponge applicator it comes with is useless and I tossed it immediately as soon as I opened the compact...the cheap, sh---- compact that is the only drawback of this product. I'm always afraid I'll snap the cover right off every time I open it. However, I paid less than $3 for this, and if it does break off, I'll just keep it in a ziplock.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2015 5:21:00 AM More reviews by roo5667

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for a bronzer for my very pale, very yellow undertoned skin. I heard about NYC Sunny and decided to give it a shot. I was pleasantly surprised. It is a nice matte bronzer for the price. I know a lot of reviews say if you are yellow undertoned then it will turn you orange, but this wasn't the case for me. It can look a bit overdone if you use too much which can be easily done because a little goes a LONG way, but as long as you use a light hand then you can avoid this. Overall, great product for the price and I'll definitely purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2015 1:05:00 PM More reviews by AmandaRose83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Holy Orange, Batman!!! I bought this at Walmart the other day because everyone talks about being great for the fair ladies. I thought I would try it out (thankfully, before getting in the shower) to see if I liked it. When I first applied it, it was orangey in color, but I thought I just needed to blend. No amount of blending kept me from looking like an oompa-loompa.
I think I will just stick to Cover Girl pressed powder in a few shades darker than my skin tone. Why change what works, right?!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2015 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

This bronzer is decent for $3 CAD. I love that it actually works for warm undertoned girls as well as cool. I was worried about orange-ness when I swatched it on my hand but it looks great on the face. A little bit goes a long way as well, so don't over apply or you'll look orange for sure. Overall, I have zero regrets buying this and it will probably last me forever since I use it so sparingly!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by ccl130

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After several months of using this product in the spring, summer, fall and winter, I have found this is a great bronzer for the summer month's, when I have a tan. For the record, I have light olive skin that tans with no burning during the summer to a medium warm olive tone.

Method of Application: Spa Resource Pro-Series Stipple Brush

Packaging:

Very generous pan size, I have been using this on and off (approximately twice a week) since April and have only just hit a very small amount of pan (lots of product left). my only beef with the packaging is that due to the plastic that the mirror and lid will break off over time. Thinking that I may try to depot this and put it into a z pallet if possible.

Color/Tone:

Here this is my 50/50 situation with this product. The color is not too orange and makes a great bronzer during the spring/summer. This is a matte product. When I am at my darkest this can almost be a too light, so I do need to build up the color. I do love this for its intended use as a bronzer during the summer, however, I find that once my tan is gone this bronzer pull too much orange/red tones on my skin. This may just be me, As do tend to experience a fair bit of redness during the cooler months. This product is defiantly a bronzer, and unless it is the summer, I find the tones in the product make it far too warm toned to contour with, particularly during the winter when I am at my lightest. I can sometimes get away with using this as a light contour during the summer when I have a tan.

Lasting power:

This powder lasts fairly well on my skin throughout the day, however, I will often touch up at the 6 hour mark, but even without the touch up, this bronzer still lasts on the skin will.

Would I buy again?

Yes I would, during the spring and summer months. I do love the shade of this for a bronzer or a light contour during the summer, however, the color is not as well sutited for me during the months when I am lighter. For you are someone with naturally tanned skin, this may work for you as a bronzer throughout the year. As the color is no longer working for me, I am on hunt the for a more neutral toned powder to contour with during the winter and will pick this up again in the spring/summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Gerdule

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Great product. I'm very pale all year round and my cheeks tend to get very red so I have to be very carefull with all pigmented things that go on my face like bronzers/blushes/highliters as it is very easy to look stupid. So for me it's hard to find a subtile, natural looking bronzer that I could use everyday. And this one is just perfect. I just lightly bad my brush into it and apply under my cheeck bones. Just enough pigmentation to see that you did some kind of natural looking contouring. Since I'm using very small amounts of it, this package will prob last my whole life (and I don't mind that).