April 18, 2014 | 1875 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is by far my HG bronzer!!!!! I have been using the NYC bronzer in Sunny for years now and I gotta say it is the best matte bronzer I have found and you can definitely use it as a contour if you're fair skinned as well because it is completely matte with no hint of shimmer.

This is just a great all purpose bronzer that shows up very nicely on my fair skin although it may not be suitable for darker skin tones. I really like the fact that it is matte so this product totally doubles as a contour and can be used to contour the entire face without having to worry about your whole face looking shimmery or glittery. The color is a nice natural bronze (not orangey or fake looking) that gives your skin the appearance that it was just kissed by the sun without a lot of shine or shimmer. If you are fair skinned and prefer a natural bronzer look than this is the product for you!

I like to use this product all over to contour and bronze my face and add color, the product goes on very smoothly and applies like a dream. I prefer this bronzer to all others that I have tried (and I've tried a lot) it is a great all purpose bronzer that applies easily and smoothly and looks good on! The packaging is a little cheap but I don't really care because the product itself is great and for the extremely low price you're paying (less than $3) you really get a bronzer that out-performs even the high end brands. Love this bronzer!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Piano34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS BRONZER!!!! BEST BRONZER OUT THERE!!!! Looks so natural and beautiful i love this bronzer!! This bronzer should be defff worth more than 3 bucks, but im not complaining!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

I have medium-dark skin, and after watching so many people on YT rave about this and say it didn't look orange or muddy, and it even showed up on medium skin tones, I bought it. Totally loved it at first (I use bronzer mostly as a contour). When summer rolled around I realized that I was kind of using this more as a setting powder....it didn't actually have that much color on my face, and I hit pan within two months. That's a pretty short time for a 9.4g product used solely for contouring. I would go for a darker contour....so I won't repurchase. I am still using it though, and it is a very light and pretty natural shade, I just like a deeper contour

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Msumpter119161

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I fraking love this. Not orange at all. Matte. I can countour i can add glow. I dont even look like i bronzed. I just look like ive been outside. Not orange or fake at all. For the price? I love it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:57:00 AM More reviews by gwmagic77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a warm-toned, matte bronzer and pretty for contouring. I would not say its orange but gives a nice glow to the face. For the money, I think you really cannot go wrong

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's mediocre. I've heard a lot of hype around this product for being cheap, matte, and not turning orange. Two of those claims are true. I bought it for only $3 Canadian at Wal-Mart, so it is indeed cheap. It has no shimmer, glitter, or sparkle, so it is matte. But no turning orange? That's rediculous. On my pale skin, it looks like terracotta clay. It looks absurdly muddy on my face when I use it to contour. I tried using it as a transition shade for my eye makeup, but it made my eyes look sunken and tired. Now I just use it warm up the perimeter of my face very lightly.
Colour aside, this product isn't very pigmented, but that means it's easier to blend. It's very smooth and relatively finely milled, but it kicks up a lot of dust when i swirl a powder brush in it. Instead, I tap my brush in it.
This isn't the right product for me. i won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Xmariax123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a hg. I don't know why people are giving it bad reviews. This is not orange but a reddy brown which is what you need for contouring however if u don't want to contour u can get a kabuki brush and apply over to give u a sunkissed glow----------------------------//--/////---- Pros- Excellent for contouring or dusting all over. Cheaper then fish and chip 1.99 at super drug 9.4g so gonna last u ages. Doesn't break you. Has a mirror so perfect for on the go. And the best thing is that's its matte. Cons- None other the fact that it's always sold out

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This was one of those products where I just intuitively knew that I would hate it but decided to try it anyways because well heck, it was only $3 and there has been so much hype surrounding this bronzer for the past 2 or so years. The second I got this bronzer home, I took out my bronzer brush and went to use it. I was shocked off the bat that a bronzer that was so orange could gain so much hype. I dipped my brush in the bronzer, tapped the excess off on my back of my hand and then went to bronze of my face. Let me tell you, this stuff does not blend out well. Where you put it is where it will stay, looking horribly harsh. So with my obviously bronzed face which I tried to blend out without any luck to the death, I decided it would be a day in. 2 hours later I looked in the mirror and the bronzer was completely gone with no sign it had ever existed. What an absolute crap product, it almost makes me want to return it! To sum it up, this bronzer is orange, patchy, doesn't blend and doesn't last. I'm shocked that people compared this to Benefit's Hoola! Would not repurchase and definitely wouldn't recommend.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by vivthai

The bronzer isn't the pigmented as everyone says. It doesn't build on powdery it just doesn't show up the best. I dropped the product from 2-3 ft and the lid broke off and I think it oxidiezd because the color seems orange and overall its not good. The color is not good for complementing anyskintone.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by classicbelle