November 27, 2014 | 993 users online

Toners - La Prairie - Cellular Refining Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by lauramvig

A saleswoman at the La Prairie counter talked me into this. I hadn't even approached this counter initially but was dumped there by a Siseley attendant when they didn't have what I had enquired about.

I didn't want to buy it but she was very pushy, so I left dissatisfied and $110 lighter in the pocket.

The product caused my skin to break out (after initially burning so much I had to wash it off) and when I tried to return it the saleswoman tried to get me to exchange it for a product that was $80 MORE!

Wouldn't go near this brand again - pushy sales people who don't listen. And I have since read that they test on animals. No deal.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by GwenNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've long searched for a toner that would properly prepare my skin for other treatments without leaving that sting of alcohol or astringents. I received a deluxe-size sample with the La Prairie Anniversary Set, and fell in love. I ordered it the day after I tried it. The scent is heavenly and it's incredibly soothing. I use this twice a day on my face and neck, and I couldn't be happier. I have combination skin, and this is enough to balance my skin without that awful sting of more astringent toners. My search for the perfect toner has ended.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by laurelpalmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm changing my review. This was the only toner that didn't irritate my acne prone sensitive skin but now I've switched to Amazonia Neroli Tonic Treatment Probiotic Vitamin Toner and I like it even better, and it's less expensive!

For the record, the La Prairie does moisturize and make the skin soft and minimize pores, but it kinda leaves a stiff feeling on your face, like a very thin film (maybe aloe) which I don't like. The Amazonia toner has all the same benefits, plus minimizing hyperpigmentation and minus the filmy feeling!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Andrew85

This is the best toner that i have ever tried.. My face feels clean, refined, glowing and refreshed.. Amazing...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by danarana

This toner is pricey but well worth it! After using my Clarisonic, I use the toner with a cotton wool bud and wipe it over my face gently. It picks up the remaining dirt and doesn't leave a sticky residue on my skin. When I stopped using the toner for 2 weeks, I noticed the black heads on my nose reappearing and my pores became clogged. Although it is pricey the bottle has lasted me 12+ months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This is my HG toner! Its THE BEST toner in the market!!! Its alcohol free and it really made a difference in my skin condition. You can see the dirt being lifted away yet being gentle on your skin. My skin is refreshed, feels clean, and smooth with no filmy residue. Total repurchase. LP please do NOT discontinue this!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use a moisturizer containing SPF, in the Summer time, but this often leads to blackheads. I started to use this toner to try and close my minimise my pores better. Since I have been using this, my skin has been looking a lot clearer, but my pores are still rather large so I probably need to try a toner that is more of a 'retexturizing' toner. I like the fact this is alcohol free, as my previous much loved toner, by 'Nina Ricci' , wasn't. I'm happy to keep using this till I find my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 5:38:00 AM More reviews by homerjsimpson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's the best on the market. The glass bottle though...it's messy to clean-up. Does what a toner is supposed to do!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by y0cool

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best toner in the market. I've tried many high-end products, namely Sisley, La prairie, La Mer, Chanel, Estee Lauder, Lancome... you get the idea) and this is a CLEAR winner for normal/combo skin. You need to use a cotton pad to wipe your face with this. Visibly, the toner takes away more residual dirt than other toner I've tried, leaving your skin feeling clean, refreshed, and non-drying.

I've used this for over 2 years and have tried other products on short/extended trips since the heavy glass is extremely inconvenient to bring around. Generally, I've found other toners to not clean as well and either too sticky or too drying at times. A bottle should last almost a year (if you're not like me who accidentally spills this from time to time). Packaging is nice to look at, but impractical. Aside from that, it indeed is a superior product that I will buy keep buying.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by buddy655

This left a film on my face that I did not like. I know it says it leaves a hydrating film on the skin, but it was just so sticky. The glass is very nice and luxurious, but the product was just so so, it may be nice for someone with drier skin, but I still think it would leave an unpleasant film. This wasn't irritating though, and it is alcohol free so that is nice, but I just wasn't a fan of the tacky feeling it left.