April 23, 2014 | 2022 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by nlakhani

Definitely prefer this shade than dark. I quite like this one a no fuss basic handy powder for everyday use.
Seems quite gentle on the skin too. Contains no talc or any other heavy pore clogging ingredients and is great at controlling oil in the day giving the skin a nice healthy sheen.

Worth the buy and can be worn over your regular moisturiser to a very natural look or on top of a foundation for a more evening look to keep make up in place.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by zamaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The shades of this powder are very misleading, which is the reason I gave it 4 lippies. I'm light-medium and use the medium dark which I feel is still too light but the dark shade is too dark for me. However this has been the best powder I've found for oil control. It leaves a complete matte finish but doesn't provide any coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by muamua19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THE BEST POWDER out there for OILY SKIN!
It keeps my shine away for about 6h. My skin usually gets shiny after minutes of stepping out of the house and this powder does such a great job of eliminating the shine.
I apply it with a powder brush all over and have great results. Applying it with a powder puff when I am out works fine too. It does not appear cakey at all as the powder is very sheer and light. It does not really give any coverage or colour, just does what it is meant to do..basically BLOT your face free of oil.
I have not found any other product that is as amazing as this! MUST BUY if you have oily shiny skin that requires constant blotting.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by beautyybabee

This is the best face powder I have ever tried!! This is a very lightweight powder and is pretty good coverage. I have heard many people say that MAC products can clog pores and cause acne, and I have very oily and acne prone skin, and I haven't broken out once. This also has the best packaging because inside is a mirror, most MAC powders do not come with a mirror. Because this one does, it makes it very easy to bring on the go. Overall, this is a great product and is a MUST to repurchase! (:

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by RajiS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the shiniest nose in the world, and during a hot summer like this one I have just been in a constant, losing battle to keep it under control. That was until I had this recommended to me by a friend who suffers the same issue as me.

I've used loose powder before but it's never been very convenient (or neat) to carry around in my handbag so even though I may start my day / night off with lovely, matte skin, I always end up looking quite greasy by the end of it because loose powder just never seems to work for very long for me (if anyone has any recommendations I would love to hear them). This blot powder however is brilliant. I bought it for an occasion where I would be having my picture taken a lot in very hot conditions and I didn't want the focus to be entirely on my T-Zone. I found that a light application over my foundation once in the morning would last all day. I don't know what's in it or how it works but it stops me from becoming oily and my pores enlarging to the size of craters, and it works all day. It doesn't smell or sit on the skin so it's obvious you're wearing it either, it just blends in and works hard behind the scenes.

The packaging is like all other MAC products - sleek and simple. It also comes with a little applicator inside and a mirror which is handy for on-the-go application. The best part is though, this lives in my handbag, and considering I'm not very careful with mine and I will dump it with full force, it HASN'T broken. The only drawback might be that the range of shades they have in this is very limited which can mean that sometimes it looks a little on the light side if you happen to get a tan but otherwise the shades they do have tend to be quite universal as they are VERY lightly pigmented (which makes sense as it's not supposed to be obvious that you're wearing it).

I would definitely buy this product again once it runs out. I don't know how it works when used all over the face because I only use it on my oily T-Zone, but if it works as good as it does on that on the rest of the face then I don't see why this couldn't work on anybody and everybody.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by jamface17

I have oily skin so setting foundation is an absolute must for me. Since my skin is both really acne and clog prone, I don't like wearing liquid foundation catered for oily skin. The ingredients that help with oil-control usually end up clogging my pores and causing breakouts. I finally found a foundation, Bobbi Brown's foundation stick, that gives me the coverage I need, doesn't break me out or clog my skin. Problem is, I tend to get shiny within 2-3 hours since it's not the greatest for truly oily skin.

However, this powder over the foundation stick has really helped to keep my skin looking nicer for longer. Instead of looking greasy after 2-3 hours, I only need to blot after about 5. I tend to powder every little millimetre of my face cos I'm really conscious about looking greasy. So it does make me look very matte at first but after some oil has come through and I've had to use a blotting sheet, my foundation looks natural.

I haven't tried reapplying this powder throughout the day because I have a thing about using more powder on top of an oily face with foundation but I can't imagine it looking cakey and bad. There's pretty much no pigment in this powder. I have light medium skin and use MAC's blot powder in medium/dark and it's completely fine. I've also never used the powder puff inside but instead use the MAC 138.

This costs $36 in Australia. I don't wear foundation everyday so I haven't needed to use this a whole lot but every time I go out, this is my setting powder of choice. I would highly recommend this to anyone with oily skin. I'm sure if you already use an oil-control and matte foundation, this will keep your makeup looking matte for longer than the 5 or so hrs on me. It also hasn't broken me out or clogged my skin!

And yes, I would buy it again. In fact, I already have done so for when I run out : ).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by xoxsunshines

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, this product is either a hit or miss. Some days it's my HG powder and others i'm not too sure. But the good thing about this product is that it does what it says. It soaks up all my oils on my face. It doesn't leave me looking cakey (which I love) and the packaging is very cute. Its a light powder, and by light powder i mean no coverage. Its almost like a setting powder. If this had more coverage i think it would be my HG powder! Overall i would recommend this for people with oily skin. Its not going to get rid of ALL your oily-ness, but it helps A LOT more than other products I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by acnnacnn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I usually use brush to apply it on my T-zone and the finish is perfect! The coverage is light and long lasting as the previous reviews mentioned!! I love this blot powder and it truly works for oily skin to control oil!!! Thank you MAC, I will def buy this product again!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This blot powder is ok for blotting in an emergency if you have no other option. Do not use the sponge - definitely use a brush! If I put it on, I had to blend it in so much, but it still looked white. I used this at weddings and other events, and my face looked especially white in photos because of the flash. You have to be careful with this product - I would rather use a tinted mineral powder for the very few times I do need to use this. I won't buy it again as I am sure I can find something better to use!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by xoxoskylar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is AMAZING. If you have oily skin of any kind you need this, It literally keeps my face oil free all day. Do not cake this all of your face you just need a powder brush and lightly brush it over you face. If you see a little shine during the day take the little blot circle that comes with it and lightly blot. Overall, it an amazing product that i cant live without and i defintley recommend it. ((: