The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Kaolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propanediol, Alcohol Denat., Caprylyl Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Limonene, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, t-Butyl Alcohol, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried a lot of mask for my acne prone skin. This mask is decent .I do not see much of a difference after I use the mask.It gives tingling sensation to the skin and dries up like a clay mask. I prefer the seaweed clay mask over this !!!

on 2/6/2015 2:53:00 PM

A green tinted, creamy clay mask that gives a minty/tea tree tingle to the skin once applied. I left this mask on for 15-20 minutes. It does not dry hard and crusty like other clay masks, so this one was easy to remove and did not dry out my skin. I did not notice any improvement or change in my skin after using this. I like Boots organic Ionic clay mask and Montagne Jeunesse clay masks better than this. I used a teaspoon to scoop this product out of the container, so have no issues with it not being sanitary enough for repeated use.

on 2/2/2015 1:51:00 AM

I have combination-oily skin, oily in T-zone and with few acne.. I came across this one when Body shop had their sales and I was running out of my usual sheet-mask. So i thought why not give a try! I bought this mask along with the tea tree night blemish cream altogether. they both smell fresh, but I'm not a fan when it comes to fragrance. when I put on the face it feels cool and not heavy,skin doesn't feel dry throughout the 15 min of having the mask on, and doesnt feel dry at all even after I washed my face with warm water. I use the two for about 2 weeks now and I started to see my acne getting smaller and less red aaaaaand some of the blemish started to fade . Overall, very nice face treatment that are worth the budget. the only one thing I wish BodyShop would do is to accompany the mask with a spoon, or a mini spatula or something that scoops up the mask. Using fingers to dig out the mask is.. ehhhh little unhygienic imo.

on 1/25/2015 10:41:00 PM

WONDERFUL MASK FOR ACNE PRONE SKIN! ONE OF MY FAVOURITES!

on 1/6/2015 7:01:00 PM

My favourite mask ever!! It feels so refreshing when it is on (for first time users, this sensation might seem a little weird). During stressful times (ie. exam time), I start to break out on my forehead, and while they're never really big, they can be quite painful. Sometimes, I use the mask as a sort of spot treatment, and it feels great! I would recommend this to everyone and I buy it over and over each time I run out. =)

on 12/19/2014 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have dehydrated-normal acne-prone skin, and I was hoping that this tea tree mask would help decrease the amount of acne I got. I didn't notice any difference in my acne after using it once a week over the course of a month, and I found it was uncomfortable to have on because it stung slightly. I'm familiar with how tea tree oil can tingle in products (I've used a spot treatment and shampoo with it before) and that can be somewhat pleasant, but the stinging of this face mask was uncomfortable.

With a decent mask, at the very least I can notice a difference when I rinse it off and maybe the day after but I saw no effect at all with this. It did leave my skin feeling tight though, so I needed extra moisturizer. Overall, this did nothing for me and I don't plan on purchasing or recommending it to anyone in the future.

on 12/16/2014 4:08:00 AM

The Body Shop "Tea Tree Face Mask" is one of my favourite masks. Works great for my acne prone combination skin with post acne blemishes. It's not over drying, and I love the fresh tingling feeling that has my skin feeling squeaky clean afterwards.

The price isn't bad compared to other leading brands and this mask contains organic tea tree oil. However, the packaging is rather unhygenic as you need to dig your fingers in the tub to use the product. If your nails are long, the mask sticks under them.

I would continue to buy this product and if they had to improve the packaging I would rate this 9.9/10. :)

on 12/12/2014 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

One of my friends gave this to me as a gift a few weeks ago. I've used it maybe three times since then, and each time it has left my skin absolutely glowing! I don't use it that often, maybe once or twice a week. It tingles and has a pretty intense smell, but I use straight tea tree oil as a spot treatment, so it doesn't really bother me all that much.
One of the best things about this mask is that it's not drying. Only recently has my skin been dry, and I've had to forgo the mud masks of my youth. This helps keep my skin clear without drying it out.
I wish it was in tube packaging, rather than a tub, because... Ew, germs. But the price is good, and the product is as well.

on 12/8/2014 5:35:00 AM

I normally don't suffer from a major blemished skin situation - but my skin has been looking terrible lately. I could see myself waking up every day with a new spot and it was freaking me out.

I have heard good things about the tea tree effect at calming the irritation and soothing the skin, so decided to give this mask a go as it was very affordable (around 1 USD smth for a sample sized pack).

It felt very fresh and tingly once on the skin, I gave it 10 min before rinsing off. Even though my face looked red right after, spots seemed to calm down in a bit. I did not see immediate results, however the next day my skin looked better. I could tell that no more blemishes appeared and there was a minor effect after all.

I did use this mask together with the actual tea tree oil from the same range and if you suffer from blemishes - I recommend JUST getting the oil itself and adding it to your skincare routine rather than spending money on this mask which helps only a little.

If you want a better review on this and other masks from the Body Shop range, I leave a good blog post below. Hope it helps!

on 10/27/2014 12:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I use this product EVERY week on the weekends. It keeps my skin under control. I love it.

Popular Masks