MAC Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

4.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Original 5 lippies review from 2012:

Love this program, we can choose only lipsticks but it's still great!
I got Syrup, Sea Sheer, Hug me, Sandy B, Pink Plaid, Cockney, Rebel, Russian Red, Cosmo and Diva this way and had no problem with missing pans to date.

Current review:

Switching the rating from five to two lippies. I've been a MAC devotee for years partly because of this generous policy but now I've moved on from many of their products simply because I've found alternaties that suit me better. Of course I have benefited from this recicling program a lot and I'm thankful for that. Last year I got an eyeshadow which I was pleased with although I prefered the lipsticks. My 15-pan palettes were already full and I don't like too many single eyeshadows lying around, got Blanc Type which is my Holy Grail matte highlighter to depot and replace the current pan when it's empty.

A few months ago they altered that as well in my country and you can only get lipgloss. We all know that lip gloss isn't selling much at the moment and I totally get that; partly because it's more or less a trademark of the past decade and partly because glossy lipsticks have saturated the market anyway so why bother with the sticky gloss, right?

Still, MAC makes some lovely glosses - like those in the Cremesheen Glass line - and I'd be happy to get one of those. But nooo, here we can only choose a Lipglass which is known to be MAC's stickiest lipgloss. I bet those don't sell anymore. So no thanks, I don't want a product I know I won't use even if it's for free. I kept my six empties and will take them back when they decide to switch to a decent gift.

Is it petty to complain about a freebie? Maybe so but it's also tasteless from the company to reward its loyal customers by unloading the stuff that doesn't please the market for a good reason.

this program is BRILLIANT. I find that Mac products last aaagggeeesss and I have lots and alternate lots so it takes me a very long time to finish anything, but when I do I always exchange them for the freebie. And people are complaining that some countries have switched to a free eyeshadow ??? It's FREE why are you complaining

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Great program! Done it three times. I wish it could be only 5 products = a free lippie but beggars can't be choosers!

A great program that I have been recycling my used products with for many years now. The fact that you get a free product in return for doing this is fabulous. I don't care if they change the freebie and becomes something other than lipstick that you get back, I would be grateful for any product. I am sure they have some very impressive stats to reflect how much packaging they have recycled and kept out landfills.

Go MAC!

In Greece they have a new policy. You only get eyeshadow, not lipstick.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this program. I live in Hawaii and the associate at the pearlridge Mac store told me that if there wasn't a metal pan in the eyeshadow pot, they do not consider that as part of back 2 Mac. She told me it was because a bunch of fake Mac products were being distributed so they require the pan to be in the pot.

I love the idea but I'm so sad they don't do this in the Belgian mac stores.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been "back-2-mac"ing for years and am ecstatic every time I accumulate six empty products. Just an fyi, empty makeup wipe containers and DUO lash glue from MAC can also be recycled!

I love this reward program!!! I think all cosmetic companies had something like this. Why shouldn't we be rewarded or compensated for showing loyalty to a specific company. It's customer appreciation in my eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

No qualms about this at all! I'm an addict for their transparent finishing powder so I've collected a few empty pots over the years and exchanged 6 of them for 1 lippie of my choice. I recycle empty containers anyways, but this is just icing on the cake :)

Popular Other Products