October 1, 2014 | 1017 users online

Bronzers - Bobbi Brown - Bronzing Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Tinevw00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my second bobbi bronzer i purchased Medium both times. I love it. I highly recommend it. Very pigmented. Not orangey. Love how its not sparkly in anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is for the Light Bronzer and the Antigua bronzing blush powder.. huh

anyway, I have been using for years when spring rolls around and since I am now into spring cleaning, have put it back into rotation.
I missed it from last summer.

I do not tan - ever. I just use this or any of my CD bronzers to fake it. oh, if faking everything else in life were this easy!

but a long short story.. it's great. No orange, no glitter and buildable color.

love love love

purchased 2x so far

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by a2bruta

This bronzer is the best I have found. It is the perfect colour and it lasts a long time. My only complaint is that it broke very easily (I didn't drop it) but I loved it so much I still used it when it broke up into little bits. I got the medium colour and it's a natural bronze colour (not orange!) for my NC25 skin tone. I also can break out terribly on my cheeks from bronzer but this has kept my skin clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by LEP627

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am very fair, but I found a nice shade. I also ought the Anguilla (which is a pink shade). Love both. Only complaint is the packaging always cracks. But Nordstrom always replaces it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Beautiful bronzer! My first Bobbi Brown product and I am very impressed. I'm typically quite the MAC snob, but MAC bronzers weren't really doing it for me, and I heard great things about the Bobbi Brown ones so I figured I'd give them a try, so glad I did. I'm an NC30-35 and use the shade Golden Light, which gives me a very soft, natural colour. I also love that this bronzer is matte, very pigmented and build-able, so I can use it for both a heavy dramatic contour, or a light, natural look. I think people with skin tones similar to mine could easily use the medium shade, but I wanted to look natural, and I felt the medium shade was too pinky for my skin tone. Another thing I LOVE about this bronzer is the texture of it, it's a BEAUTIFUL silky, buttery texture, so easy to apply and blend, I often find matte products to be chalky or dry, not not this one! Lasting powder is great, no orange-y oxidization and doesn't turn my oily skin into a greasy mess. I would definitely say that this is the best bronzer I have ever used, highly recommend to anybody who is picky about bronzers - as I really think this meets all the checkpoints. It is very pricey, but it's lasted me forever, and I think if you're going to be wearing bronzer regularly, you should be using a good quality one. Bobbi Brown really did a great job with this product! Will gladly repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by zayasays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was choosing between this product and the Benefit Hoola and I'm a bit disappointed I didn't go with the Hoola.

I was swatched with the shade Golden Light but just to be sure, I used the Ask an Artist form in the BB website. I was apprehensive that Golden Light might be too light but both the SA and the BB representative highly recommended the shade. For reference I wear 4.5 Warm Natural in Bobbi Brown and NC40-42 in MAC.

The product is just okay, nothing to write home about. It's light so I'd need a few good swipes to have it show on my skin. I inquired about a darker shade but apparently it would be too dark for me. Against my yellow tones the bronzer can look a bit dirty and red. It doesn't define and contour as well too.

I do, however, love the sleek compact. Plus points as well for Bobbi Brown's awesome website customer service.

When I swatched Benefit Hoola, my face completely changed. I was glowing. No effect of the same caliber for Bobbi Brown's Bronzing Powder. Very pricey as well. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by sarahdufour12

I have really fair skin and have a lot of trouble finding bronzer that doesn't make me look orange/fake. I got this bronzer in Natural and it's been a winner! Warms up my complexion without making me look "tan". (Which is a good thing because I'm clearly NOT tan! Haha.) I thought from the online pictures that the Golden Light shade would be better for me, but when I got to the store the Natural seemed, well, more natural. Who knows.

Also love that it is truly matte--- no weird glitter effect when I go outside in the sun. Huge pet peeve of mine. Thumbs up on this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by RajiS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Literally my favourite new product. I definitely think every girl should have a shimmery bronzer in their make up bag but I think a matte bronzer is so much more versatile and 'everyday'.

I bought this because I was sick of wearing pink blusher that just made me look like I had a mild form of heat rash (I have reddish cheeks anyway) and even though I love my shimmer bronze pack from The Body Shop, I didn't want to always look so glittery, especially during the day. So I began a hunt for a natural, every day, matte bronzer. I found that there's not a lot of choice out there anyway, and what is out there just made me look a bit muddy and like I hadn't washed my face in a week. So far, not so good. Then Chanel released Les Beiges but I found it had very little pigment and you had to use about 10 layers before getting any colour, which would mean you would use an entire pack in about a week and I could only afford to buy it if I skipped food for that month in that case.

Then I came across Bobbi Brown. The only product I have previously bought from them is their gel eyeliner (which I love) but otherwise I've never been a massive fan. However, this was just amazing. They have a range of shades to literally suit every skin tone out there and it contains just the right amount of pigment. The shade I ended up choosing was 'Golden Light' and I've found that I can use it everyday without people thinking I've overdone the fake tan or been playing arts and crafts with a glitter box that exploded over my face. I bought it before I went on holiday and found it gave me a great looking tan and was also good for contouring. You can comfortably use this all over your face and still look very natural (provided you choose the right shade). After holiday, when I came back 500 shades darker I found it was still great as a blusher because it didn't make me look muddy, which is such a big danger with matte bronzers.

The packaging is sleek and minimal. The product itself isn't scented (or at least, not heavily) so it doesn't give you a headache. It comes with a handy mirror inside the compact for on-the-go application, and I generally find the packaging to do the job. Also there's not a lot of fallout so you don't lose half the product before you even put it on your face or when you open it up which is great. It goes on very easily and it's easy to build it from a light, minimal coverage to a heavier one. And it lasts for ages!! If I put it on before work in the morning, I'll only need to do maybe do a light reapplication in the evening. I also have combination skin but I didn't find it made my skin greasy OR dry so I would recommend it for any skin type. Also, I don't know if anybody else does this but I find it works really well as an eye shadow when you're trying to keep it as natural as is humanly possible.

Overall, I love this product and think it should be a staple in every girls make up bag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this in Golden Light. The powder is very fine and pigmented, but still its applies well and blends well. It works for my NC30 skin. I have yellow undertones and this works only if applied lightly. Because my skintone is quite yellow, if i pack too much on it'll make my face look too yellow. But applied lightly is very nice. Mac's bronzer in Golden has more red undertones and that i can pack on if i want a more bronze look.

This is also completely matt and the packaging is so chic and classy. The mirror is really nice and the compact feels solid and nice. Only thing i don't like about the packaging is that the compact cannot be opened 180 degrees. It can only be opened slightly more than 90 degrees, like maybe 110 degrees. Being able to open all the way flat to me is so much more convenient. I can look at myself in the mirror and watch where my brush goes on the powder.

No fragrance which is fantastic. Overall a very good bronzer.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

From reading previous reviews about this product, the shade "golden light" can be used by many different types of skin tones.
Im an NC30-35 and golden light still shows up pretty well on me.
This bronzer applies like a dream, very buttery and smooth.
I have the hardest time contouring, and this bronzer has made it easy for me.
It's natural and blends really well.
So far i love it!