Vaseline Vaseline

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/24/2015 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

How I love Vaseline - I remember Mum having a huge tub of it around the house when I was a kid and it was then I first learnt how fantastic it is as a lip balm. I've always used it at night to soften my lips and around my eye area with excellent results.

Recently, I started reading more and more about people using Vaseline at night as a mask or even every night as a moisturiser. I was never brave enough to try it and assumed I'd just break out from all that grease. After a recent run in with a Clinque moisturiser which left my face red and dry, nothing was restoring moisture even after layer upon layer of Dermaveen and Aveeno moisturisers. In desperation, I bit the bullet decided to try Vaseline. I warmed a pea sized amount between my finger tips and patted it on over my moisturiser at night. Well, colour me surprised because it worked! The next day I woke to baby soft skin with no hint of a break out. Although my skin hadn't complete recovered, it was a lot better!

For the last few nights, I've been using Vaseline at nights and it's just amazing. I just splash my face with water in the mornings (I don't use cleanser) and pat dry with a towel before putting on my normal moisturiser and sunscreen. My skin has a glow to it and looks very dewy and soft. I'll update if I start to break out but so far the results have been amazing.

Just give it a go - at the very least, try it as a night face mask once a week. I know when you see the consistency it seems like you'll end up a greasy mess but it's kind of magical.

on 6/16/2015 12:21:00 PM

I LOVE Vaseline! It's not just perfect for cracked lips either. I use it over my moisturiser to seal in moisture if I have particularly bad dry patches. I also use it to remove my eye make-up (it does an amazing job). Best of all, it's cheap! Couldn't be without it :)

on 4/23/2015 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Vaseline helps alleviate dry skin issues but it is not a moisturiser, it prevents moisture loss. As a moisturiser it isn't good. But it softens dead skin that makes it easier to exfoliate off. This is the number one product I would recommend for exams or sun burn or burns of any kind. It's just pure petroleum jelly and contains no nasties.

Great cheap household product.

LIPS: I love this, it works like a classic. However doesn't moisturise my lips like lip balms do as petroleum jelly only forms a barrier. Nivea Classic is sort of my vaseline that moisturises so anyone here wishing for a better "dupe" of this for lips check that one out! looks and feels the same but hydrating. As for vaseline, doesn't work ahhmazing over night (I wake up with normal lips not super plump or soft lips) but good one to have when its cold/windy and your lips are chapping from exposure.

LASHES: using this for over 5years on my lashes every night after removing mascara. My crunchy dry lashes feel better and helps them not fall out from the mascara.

Overall I cant hate. I wish it came in a tube, so it wouldn't be gross to dip fingers in the same jar for years (yes it lasts years), Buy this if you live under a rock and havent used it ever, its awesome (:

on 2/17/2015 12:03:00 PM

Who doesn't love Vaseline, I have used this everyday on my lips for as far back as I can remember, Every night before I go to bed I use it on my lips and lashes. Also since living in extreme cold for a while its really good to use to moisturise your lips and nose in the cold weather!

on 2/17/2015 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I only have good words to say about this. Although it has many many uses, I mainly use this for two purposes: under eye night cream and as a lip balm.
At night, after I've moisturized my face including my under eye area with a regular moisturizer, I apply a thin film of vaseline and then wipe off with a cotton bud any product that may have spread outside strictly the thin skin portion under my eyes, to avoid developing millia . In the morning my under eye area is incredibly soft and has a hydrated feel. The vaseline keeps the moisture from the regular moisturizer locked into my skin. I hope this will prevent or significantly delay the forming of wrinkles on that area.
About the lips part, it is enough to say that this is the ONLY thing I have found to keep my lips soft and smooth. Any lip balm I have tried is complete rubbish compared to vaseline.
It may be silly, but what I would like is if the producers would come with a cute / luxurious looking packaging for this product :) . I'm a complete fan of pretty bottles for my cosmetics and I would totally pay a little more for that. Is that weird to want pretty packaging for vaseline? :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This review is a no-brainer because I've used vaseline my entire life and can't really imagine a day without it. I use it on my lips every morning and night and it keeps them soft and supple-- not on my face though cause I'm not about that greasy shine. And a little tub lasts foreveeeeeer. THANK YOU PETROLEUM JELLY<3

on 12/12/2014 3:43:00 AM

Disgusting. Doesn't hydrate the lips in any way. I use it to give my shoes a nice shine and protect them from the water or snow. I also use it for the squeeky hinges.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

THE HYPE IS YET AGAIN REAL.

JK CLEARLY YOU KNEW VASELINE WAS A THING SINCE THE DAWN OF PROCESSED BEAUTY PRODUCTS.

I am a semi-conscious human AKA I understand the value of buying products that are NOT petroleum based. HOWEVER, I tried, for a year and a half, trying to find a natural replacement for Vaseline. And have not succeeded. You name it, I've tried it. Alba botanica. Nope. Everything breaks me out. And I work at an organic beauty store - y'all don't even KNOW. Synthetic Sh*# can sometimes actually be better for your skin, as our bodies have natural reactions to naturally occurring pollens, plants, molecules.

LONG STORY SHORT THIS IS GOLD.

- I use it on damp skin under my eyes and it plumps like no eye cream I've tried.

- Chapped lips? I don't buy chapstick anymore - its Vaseline only. In one day my chapped lips are gone.

- Dry skin? Slab on some Vaseline.

- I also use it on my eyebrows/around my eye brows to condition.

It has truly replaced soooo many items in my beauty cabinet. And to be honest, it really keeps me youthful around the eye area. Thanks skin care board for the recommendation!

on 9/9/2014 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Not a fan of Petroleum Jelly.