December 19, 2014 | 1809 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am the kind of gal with EXTREMLY oily, acne prone, and sensitive skin. Almost every face product I use breaks me out. I first bought this because I needed a new face wash and I haven't found "the one" yet. Let me just start by saying the very first day I used it, everything was fine. It cleansed my skin, and didn't excessively dry it out. After about 3 days using it, I started noticing that I was getting little red bumps along my forehead and temples. I just thought "oh well it's probably another breakout time." I used it for a week and that's when I knew my this face wash was causing all the pimples on my face! It broke me out into cystic acne which is not fun by the way. Ever since I stopped using this and switched to my Neutrogena one, my face has gotten so much better. I will be giving this to a friend or a family member. And I am Disappointed also because none of Cetaphil's products work with my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by pk1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have had high hopes of this given it is said in the packaging that it foams. But it doesn't.. it's no different from the ones for normal skin but just more expensive.

I don't like cetaphil cleansers and cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Katelyn1234

I've had acne since 5th or 6th grade. I went on Accutane in the 8th grade and that helped tremendously. Since this past summer, my skin has been a terrible mess. Not as bad as 8th grade, but pretty rough. It leaves purple scarring on my paler skin in the winter. It all started in August of this year. I started to get smaller pimples that kept getting worse. It is now November 29th, and has just progressed even worse. I am on doxycycline right now and have been on that for 19-20 days, but it hasn't really kicked in. I also use clindamycin twice a day. It's extremely frustrating but I know I just have to be patient. This cleanser is very gentle and gets my makeup off perfectly. I was using too many harsh chemicals on my face. This definitely helps to dry them up and makes my feel really soft and less oily, without over drying the rest of my face. I used benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and other chemicals, they just made my face extremely red and made my acne look way worse. Honestly, the simpler, the better. It will do way less harm to your skin in the long run. I have learned my lesson that this summer, I am going to cover my face with sun screen and wear a hat. I think that's why I break out so bad after Summer, because I simply don't protect my skin and all of that sweat builds up in my pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by adriennesmith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried so many cleansers for my acne-prone skin over the past years but never could find one that I could remain loyal to. I've finally settled on this one as being the best one for me since it doesn't overly dry my skin or cause it to break out. It's not the greatest at removing makeup the first time, so I usually find myself cleansing my face a second time just to make sure I've removed it all. Occasionally, I will mix this cleanser with regular table salt to exfoliate my skin. This is the only cleanser I've used for the past year and don't see myself switching anytime soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by xlieuax

A non comedogenic product so it does not cause more spots so it's a good option for acne prone skin like mine. I use this with a facial sponge to work it in the skin as the product doesn't lather. I use this daily, and once a week I use a facial scrub. It doesn't irritate my skin and is perfume free which is great for me. You'll also notice that it contains the least amount of ingredients so it's the most gentle cleanser great for those who have sensitive skin

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by NatGavran

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cleanser is terrible for acne prone skin people that wear foundation. Smells awful, doesn't clean, doesn't rinse. I've had better results with ponds cold cream for acne.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

This just was not a good match for my skin.
I tried both the regular and the one for oily skin.
Neither worked.
My skin hated these cleansers. I broke out like crazy and my skin produced more oil.
They did not clean very well at all!
As a matter of fact I have better cleaning results from lotion and a tissue.

The good news... if this does work for your skin then a bottle will last forever!
It seemed like I would never be done with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by MissSkye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my absolute HG face cleanser! I have used so many acne washes and medications, I've used high end "blemish" this and "acne" that and nothing works like this does. I recently made the mistake of trying the clinique blemish control range again (which I used to use religiously) and my skin was the worst it has been in years! I had to go on a course of antibiotics just to clear it up (won't make that mistake again) this wash is so cheap, and its isn't too "bubbly"(?) and I quite like the smell (baby powder-ish?) I use it with a clarisonic mia 2 and it keeps my problem skin under control. it doesn't dry it out, even when I'm using harsh medicated gels, and I have never had a stinging or burning feeling which I get with others. Such a great wash, so if you're struggling and are thinking of trying high end or expensive acne solutions, make sure you try this first!
xoxo Miss Skye

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by ayo1sophie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best face wash for my acne-prone, medicated face. When initially on the medication, my skin would be super dry before it got used to it. I used the gentle version of this cleanser and it was a dream! I'm off medication now and I use the normal version everyday. My skin has maintained a beautiful and clean glow besides the one or two hormonal time-of-the-month break outs here and there. Every during those times, this facial cleanser works wonders. Who knew that using a product without all the acids and chemicals used in acne-clearing products would clear my skin better than the ones that include them! HG for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by MisstinaaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first, I liked this cleanser. Although, I don't think I will be repurchasing.
I started to notice my face was more dry than normal. I think it was because I was washing with this.