Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 7/16/2015 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Ok, I'm trying this out. "Dating" the cleanser if you like.
This is a clear viscous gel with a stock masking fragrance (proactiv used to use the same asking fragrance) and IMO it doesn't need to be there. Con. It sorta of lathers which is good, because less lather means friendlier to skin. Pro. Contains SLS. Big Con.
I have been using this facial wash 2x a day and at first I used it with the companion lotion.
I began to break out, and get that weird dry but oily skin. (dry on top, clogged proes underneath) I wasnt cool happy about that and stopped using both the lotion and the wash for about a week.
Using my old standby for a while, I went back to Cetaphil to give it another try, but with a different moisturizer. So far, so good, but I am not counting on this to be the end all, be all.
The price was $20 CAD. A little spendy for a drugstore product, that's another strike against. The pH is 6.8, the same as Dove soap. I would prefer a product with a pH of 5.5 (as I am sure most are aware) but I'll keep going with this...for now.

on 7/10/2015 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have adult hormonal acne. I use retin-a micro at night and clindamycin lotion in the morning. This face wash makes my skin feel tight and dry. Also, the fragrance is strong and perfumey. Cetaphil's gentle cleansing lotion is MUCH better for acne skin than this daily face wash. But I still prefer Neutrogena oil-free face wash with salicylic acid.

I read a lot about how a plain Cetaphil cleanser is great for acne problematic skin because it's gentle... It's a liquid gel type texture, clear, it suds a little if I put a lot in my hand. I don't know if it's helping or making things worse. The fragrance bothers me...I get nervous about putting cleansers on my face that have fragrance. I have had nodular acne, it struggles healing and each pimple leaves behind a flat, red mark. Apparently I have post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I have very oily skin, mostly around my t-zone. I can be a total oil slick... I'm extremely fair skinned and my skin is SO fussy and sensitive. I was trying to get a cheap version of the La Roche Posay Toleriane Gentle Foaming cleanser...it's what my dermatologist told me to buy when my acne was OUT OF CONTROL BAD...it did help calm the flare up down. Meh, this Cetaphil just doesn't stack up to the reviews I've read about it. Would not repurchase...I actually haven't used much of it so I may try to bring it back to Target, since I don't want it to go to waste, or give it to my Mom since her skin is less sensitive than mine and no acne issues. WHY IS IT JUST ME WITH THE ACNE?!?! *cries*

Okay, that's my review/rant. :)

on 6/18/2015 9:43:00 AM

I have repurchase this product soo many times because it has never failed me. But that doesn't mean it's a success.. I have acne and whenever I use this I don't see much difference. But if I use a product that has broken me out I will use this and it will bring it back to normal. It doesn't really help acne but it sorta prevents anything really bad from happening.

on 6/6/2015 9:14:00 AM

Before using this product my aging, acne driven, combination, inflamed skin was terrible. I made some serious changes to diet, and overall health before trying this product. I've paid 5x this for other cleansers, organic cleansers, brushes, masks, facials. This one product cleaned my skin gently enough to eliminate my acne. Previously each product I used was foaming in some way, this is the first lotion cleanser I can recall ever using. In short, I hardly have any breakouts now, cystic acne has all but disappeared and my skin looks better than ever. Not every product is for every person, but in my case, and that of my teenage daughter, this facial cleanser is the best we've ever used.

on 6/1/2015 12:02:00 AM

I am not sure why I even bought this. I've been using it everyday for about a month. It dries my face out really bad, my face is itchy now. I'm breaking out more than usual since I started using this. Will probably throw it out asap already shopping for something else.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Every single time you read anything about acne or sensitive skin, cetaphil is mentioned. Not sure why, I'm the poster child for acne prone and extremely oily sensitive skin ;( This did absolutely nothing for. It made my face feel dirty like I hadn't washed it properly. Depending on the time of the month (skin is extra sensitive during cycle) it would cause a sting on my face. Would not ever use again.

I tried this for a long time. Really tried.
It just made my skin worse and worse, i do not get on with Cetaphil products.
Instead of going on and on about what its consistency is or how to use it, I will recommend something better that has actually cleared my skin up, moisturises and keeps my oil in check.
Buy Epaderm.
It is sold as an eczema treatment/psoriasis treatment, but it has completely cleared my skin up, i look like i did as a child. Stick with it for a month. Apply a tiny amount of this wax with warm water it turns into a lather and massage into face (with makeup on) then take it off with a warm/hot flannel and wash the rest off your face if you need to. This is the miracle cleanser you need.

on 5/20/2015 7:16:00 AM

I personally like this product, i feel it does kind of dry your face out though and i wouldnt recommened it without other products, i have oily skin and i have seen a small improvement, i have been using this every night with two other products and HARDLY ever get pimples!

on 5/12/2015 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this previously with my Clarisonic and left a bad review because I hated this stuff. I decided to give this stuff another try, without my Clarisonic, and have had great success. I have very oily, acne prone skin and this cleans your face and helps keep you shine free and oil free all day without stripping the skin or irritating it. It hasn't had really any affect on my breakouts, but I haven't had any popping up so that is a good sign. This doesn't really lather up much but it still leaves your face feeling clean. It has a slight fragrance. I would recommend this to people with oily/acne prone skin who want a gentle cleanser.