August 1, 2014 | 1750 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by sofgrove

I recently decided to buy a high end foundation as I was sick of wasting money on drugstore foundations that didn't work well or last long on my skin.
After watching many reviews on Estee Lauder double wear I decided to take the plunge and buy it and I'm so glad I did. Although this foundation is quite pricey (I bought mine for £28.50 from House Of Fraser, which seemed to be the cheapest one out there) it is well worth the money. To start with, I love the packaging as it doesn't look cheap and the bottle isn't bulky so it fits in your makeup bag nicely. It doesn't have a pump dispenser, which a lot of people seem to mind, but honestly, I don't. If you tip it slowly you can get just the right amount of liquid out. The foundation is quite runny so when you apply it, it is easy to blend all over the face without it going streaky. The only negative thing about applying the foundation is that it does start to dry quite quickly so if you tend to dot foundations around your face before blending, then it will start to dry before you get a chance to move it. This isn't a problem if you do it bit by bit and blending as you go. It stays on ALL day so if you have to get up early and want that flawless look from morning till night then this is for you! This foundation really does 'stay in place' throughout daily activities. For example I have exercised and been on bike rides in this foundation and although I expected it to have gone a bit shiney or loose, it hasn't.
For years I tried a bunch of different foundations and got really frustrated when I looked in the mirror after a long day out (to college and back) and it had sunk into my skin and my pores looked terrible! However I am so happy that I have finally found a foundation that doesn't give me this problem. Although this product does make it obvious you are wearing foundation because it is such good coverage, it really sits well on top of your skin and does not budge or show your pores, therefore I do not feel the need for primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by roseate1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful flawless stayed looking clean and fresh for 8 hours of high humidity and 98 degree weather! Love love love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by viikee

the one foundation i will always buy and keep in stock is my Estee Lauder double wear. this is my HG foundation and have repurchased it so many times.

PROS:
-colour rage is awesome
-doesn't oxidize
-full coverage
-buildable
-long lasting
-matte (perfect for combo/oily skin)
-works well with all skin types (no breakouts!!)

CONS:
-little bit on the pricey side but average price for a higher end foundation (approx $48-$50 CND with taxes)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Yjd933

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST FOUNDATION EVER.
It is think but is an amazing DOUBLE wear and FULL Cover.
The only problem is the bottle.
I am from Korea, and there I was given a pump along with the bottle but here in Canada, they only give the open lid which is really hard to control how much comes out.
Really covers up all my acne scars, I had pretty bad skin but with this foundation, I get complimented all the time!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the packaging, love the product, love the shade range. This is my second favourite foundation of all time behind studio fix fluid from MAC. It gives a lovely medium to full coverage finish and applies beautifully with a real techniques expert face brush. I couldn't live without this foundation! I'm currently on my third bottle. I would recommend also using a light moisturiser underneath because it make my skin slightly dry in patches. Also,in order for it it stay in place for a long time I needed to setting with a powder, especially under my eyes. Definitely worth the price though! Love it :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by ojosverdes10

i was really really excited to try this foundation because of all the good things ive heard about it. I ordered it from Sephora in the shade Pebble because even though I am very fair skinned, i use foundation to look tanner. i got Pebble because pink shades usually look really good on me and bring out my eyes.
i have never been so self concious when wearing a foundation before! It went on weird and no matter what I did it was patchy around my mouth and on my neck. It just looked really weird. it also broke me out around my mouth which really upset me. Another thing is that it kind of took on a weird gray tone as the day went on, which other people noticed and commented on!
Im really dissapointed that I paid 37$ + shipping on this and it looked so bad and gave me acne! ill definitly be going back to Revlon colorstay!

peace

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It stays on forever. Full coverage. Even builable. I could probably wear this for two days straight without it disappearing. Even on my really oily days, it's there all day and it does it's job while I do mine. It could only be better if it didn't come in a glass bottle without a pump.

Not suitable for those dry skin days though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 6:44:00 AM More reviews by carolinexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying hundreds of different foundations (hundreds might be an exaggeration but I've tried a lot!) this is the only foundation that I have absolutely no complaints about!

My colour is cool bone 66 and suits my skin perfectly. I apply with a MAC stippling brush and love how easy it is to blend. It covers all of my blemishes from small acne scarring and marks around my chin to pimples and dark circles under my eyes. It is easily to build on so you can wear it light coverage or heavier. After setting with an Australis powder and NYX setting spray i don't need to touch up my makeup for about 6-7 hours. I have been wearing this foundation nearly every day for about a year so have gone through 3-4 bottles but if you don't wear foundation every day their 30ml bottle will last you much longer.
This foundation does exactly everything it claims it does:
15-hour staying power: tick!
Flawless all day: tick!
Stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity, nonstop activity: tick!
Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes: tick!
Feels lightweight and comfortable: tick!

I don't think ill bother purchasing any other foundation from now on because this is the only one my skin agrees with 100%. Im a uni student so have had to cut down on some luxuries but this won't be one of them, It is a bit more expensive ($50 for 30ml) but is worth every cent when it works as well as it does.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by hypnose01

I think "Double Wear" is a quit good liquid foundation. Is very "stabilization" makeup stay on face 8 hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Geerat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have combination/oily acne prone skin!
I've used double wear for over a year, but i'm finding it very very drying and aging on my skin.
This foundation is absolute bomb proof, if you have perfect skin or just oily skin and want a foundation that stays on no matter what you do, this foundation is for you!
I've been to the gym wearing it, and i look no different leaving than i did going in, and i work my ass off!
This foundation is great for oil control i could go probably 8-10 hours without having to top it up with powder etc! And man i do have oily skin!
However as i said i found it incredibly drying and aging,(even though my skin is oily) this is not for people with dry skin, it goes patchy and sticks to the dry patches)
All of the time i wore this i never used a concealer because it is FULL coverage and i do suffer from regular acne!
If you have large pores this foundation may not be the best as it does highlight them completely, this is probably my biggest fault with this product (but this is something i found with most matt foundations)

I would completely reccommend this product to people with normal skin/ oily skin that want a bomb proof, full coverage foundation! It looks amazing on pictures and i am still going to keep a bottle in for nights out when i'm smothered in tan and will only have/use it on as a one off!

Brilliant foundation, just not for me!