October 25, 2014 | 1809 users online

Highlighters - Smashbox - Soft Lights - Shimmer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm convinced, I think its the soft glow that lasts all day. Beautiful champagne pink with a hint of glimmer - not glitter, not sparkles, just a healthy looking gleam that puts that soft focus glow back onto your skin. Looks pretty over pink or peach blushes as a cheek bone highlight.

On my NC15 skin under natural and artificial lighting this just shows up as a pretty gleam of pinky/silvery/champagne. You don't need much so I just sweep this on with a fan brush, I'm enjoying the Sedona Lace one for this product as you can be a little more liberal with how much you apply - it's not as offensive as too much Mary Lou or Albatross is if you get carried away and overdo it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by kristyb114

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for years. It's the best highlighter I have ever come across! The best part is this time when I ran out I was able to instead of spending $25 on a replacement to purchase a whole Smashbox palatte for $59. It included 2 full size Soft Lights in different colors (basically worth it's money right there) as well as 6 blushes, like 30 eye shadows and 4 eye liner gels. SCORE! Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Being of a very warm skin tone, I've often been told that ''golds and bronze'' looks best of me, but it never looked natural. The warmth of my skin eats up all the pink tones, and I'm left with a silver sheen on my cheekbones. You know how your skin glistens when wet? It reflects silver, not gold. The shimmer is very fine, finer than most highlighters.

I like the packaging, with a screw top lid. Not time consuming at all, in my opinion.

One drawback is that the powder is very soft and crumbly, it' breaks easier than most products, so make sure to have alcohol ready if you need to repress it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by parisianwalkways

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

long wear, lasts for years therefore great value for money.. absolutely beautiful highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, the product looks nothing like the orange picture seen above, or even how it looks in person. It's a pink champagne color that blends into my neutral-NC15 skin. If you use too much product, it can show up as a rosy pink color (at least on fair skin). It has a really subtle glow, so I usually only wear it to work, I actually prefer a little more shimmer. I prefer baked highlighters myself, this can be a little powdery, but it's a really large amount of product. I put it on by lightly dabbing my Mac 224 in it, tap off the excess, and apply. Overall it's a really pretty highlighter, and i've been happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by auraborialis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW! This stuff is amazing. I had something similar from Physician's Formula in coloring and for the same purpose, but the end results weren't nearly the same. This highlighter is very finely milled, but when you really pile it on (I did this just for kicks one night) it doesn't look metalic-y, only "glowing from within" but the color just comes out a little more.

This is a wonderful highlighter that would look fantastic on anyone of any color on top of any blush. I know that sounds grand, but I've tried it on top of rose, peach, coral, bronzer both with and without shimmer, warm and cool alike with all my different random brands of makeup and it has worked with all of them. I've even used it alone for a "no makeup" look that would just help even out the small acne scarring on my cheeks and it worked beautifully for that in a pinch.

If you are on the fence about this, definitely give it a try. It is 100% worth the expense and will last you a LONG time because there is so much in the container. Don't waste your money on other highlighters that claim to do the same thing. As a bonus, Smashbox has cruel-free makeup so no animals suffered for our beauty. :)

Tip: I applied this with a synthetic fan brush on the tops of the apples of my cheeks and got great results. You can also sweep this in a C-shape from your cheek into your hair line and up to the sides of your forehead for a really pretty, glowy look. I know that might sound strange but just give a whirl because it looks awesome. Best applied with either a synthetic fan brush or a really fluffy synthetic face/blush brush because the powder is super finely milled, and you'll pick up a lot of product no matter what.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like many Smashbox make up items, but they are Made In China. Thus, I think they are grossly overpriced and should not be priced as they are (more drugstore price....)

I do like this highlighter; it is super subtle and just gives you a very very sheer pick me up.

It is great for a no make up (make up) look, light make up, old and young that do not want to look overly made up with the intense pigmented make up that seems to be in style.

I do like the product but -- for this price (and China which they pay peanuts to make) -- Smashbox could put this into a really nice compact that was not cheap plastic. A flip up style firm container is what I expect for the price.

Overall, given the cheap packaging, and that I can buy similar for so much less - I would not re purchase (it would have to be at a huge discount)

Smashbox does make many really nice products that suit my skin and style; I just wished they would make in the USA, Canada, France or other country that I could trust and used high quality packaging materials

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 6:02:00 AM More reviews by ct92

I bought this recently after looking to replace a really old discontinued blush. After being shown blushes and bronzers that weren't what I wanted, one store assistant finally showed me this product. She said it was meant to be a highlighter but that it might show up as a subtle blush on my pale skin. She was absolutely right! It gives me a beautiful glow and a little colour, but not enough that I need to be too careful with it in the mornings. I've worn it every day since I bought it and I couldn't be happier.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

The highlighter is not bad but somehow da sheen doesnt work well with my nc30 skin tone…it can look very unnatural if u accidentally over apply…another thing is that theres something in there that my skin is allergic to …sometimes i get laZy and use my all over powder brush to apply this and around mid day my face got very dry and itchy…and it persisted for several days until i realize…moving on to albatross…

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by elles143

This highlighter was put on me by a MUA over a cream blush and I was in LOVE, so I ended up buying it immediately. This product gives you a natural glow from within look without looking like a sparkle fairy came to visit you. And bonus - you get a lot of product (10g/0.35oz). This will probably last me forever.

I agree with some other reviewers in that the packaging is not the most optimal, but I haven't encountered any problems with it yet. It's just not the most convenient to use because you have to screwed the cap on and off.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No