L'Oreal Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

4.4

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • DIMETHICONE • CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • DIMETHICONOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • ARGANIA SPINOSA OIL / ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL • LINALOOL • HEXYL CINNAMAL • BENZYL SALICYLATE • BENZYL ALCOHOL • LIMONENE • AMYL CINNAMAL • CITRONELLOL • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • GERANIOL • ISOEUGENOL

I buy a second bottle of this hair serum, which looks exactly the same as the one in the photo and it is manufactured in Indonesia/Thailand. The shampoo and conditioner are made in Indonesia as well. The performance of this serum is quite average, ie, it tames most of the frizz and makes my hair soft and shinier compared with non using it. As I have mentioned in most of my reviews on other products, I have very frizzy and messy hair which is not easy to tame despite I must use conditioner after shampooing my hair. Serum which is too rich will cause my hair feel sticky and stiff and somehow re-activate the frizziness, whilst serum which is too light and runny will not be able to erase the frizz and even though it does, the effect will not last long (at least one day please).
The texture of this serum is quite light and runny and the scent of it is not offensive, just a little bit chemical smell like the matching shampoo and conditioner. It combines argan oil and camelina seed oil which are rich in fatty acids and they benefit dry and frizzy hair. It works quite well, easy to spread on palms before apply on hair and the pump makes you easily control on the usage and amount of serum that you want. The use of 4 five pumps of this serum does not weigh down my hair at all (before using this serum, I have to additionally apply The Body Shop Beautifying Oil which in my view, it is a must in my hair care routine by keeping my hair moisture and shine). After blow dry, my hair looks neat and tame and most of the crazy flyways have disappeared and lesser tangles.
The availability of this product is high as you can easily find it in Guardian, Watsons, supermarkets unlike some of the imported L'oreal Expert Liss Ultime/Absolut Repair hair serum (made in Spain) which are only available in their exclusive saloons/online stores or overseas countries.
It is overall an average performance serum if you analyse it on its price for a 100ml contain, availability, and it can last for months! Worth giving it a try although there are still alot of high end brands out there which might perform better/ worse than this. Sometimes how well and effective a hair serum perform on someone's hair, is closely related to the user's hair condition (fine/dry/damaged hair, coloured, heat using and the difference of hair care routine).

on 1/11/2015 11:20:00 AM

I bought this leave in serum after I read a couple of reviews about it on MUA. I must say my expectations were veryy high and this product failed me big time. It comes in a nice packaging and smells wonderful. It has a watery consistency though slightly thicker. Whenever I use this product, it weighs my fine, damaged, rough and dry hair down. It does not reduce my frizz or lessen fly aways. My comb doesn't glide through my hair smoothly as is promised. I guess it might work for thicker hair but it was a huge disappointment on mine. Still looking for a nice detangler or leave-in conditioner. What multiplied my sense of disappointment was the pricey cost of the product that offered very little product itself. (Poor quantity as well as quality)

on 12/31/2014 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have thin, medium length, wavy hair. This does a great job of holding the waves and keeping my hair looking smooth in the winter and during summer frizz. I was worried it would weigh down my fine hair, but as long as I use it sparingly, it does a great job.

on 12/28/2014 12:42:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

First of all, I have an unruly, frizzy, treated, dry, and very voluminous hair-- imagine, it's almost always a "bad hair day" for me! I decided to have a pixie cut which worsened the situation and made the frizz and fly-aways more apparent. Thus, I opted to try a less harsh approach and looked for hair serums and luckily found this. I apply this product in my sorta damp and towel dried hair, and I must say it does magic! My hair now looks smooth, silky, behaved, and less voluminous. If I really need to look sleek, I use around 5 pumps on the sides and back of my hair and it does the trick. Also, like some of the reviewers mentioned, if it doesn't work in one application, give it a week and you will see the difference. I've been using this since May 2014 and I can see the drastic improvement in my hair. I highly recommend this product! I don't really like writing reviews about beauty products because I believe that effects of such products really vary per individual, however, I feel thankful to this product for allowing me experience my greatest hair day moments! It's essential to me, I couldn't imagine my hair without it.

on 9/18/2014 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me start by saying that the product does not look like the orange bottles shown on top of the reviews. I am very picky when it comes to hair products and hardly come across anything good. Except for Kerastase and a couple of One'n'Only products, nothing comes close to my expectations. I have a thick set of unruly hair. It is prone to frizz and damage like no tomorrow. Due to my hair's fast growth, I have to color it every 10 days so you can imagine the damage. This product feels heavy on the hair but does a great job in making hair look and feel silky and beautiful. As a Kerastase Oleo Relax serum user, I have to say that this does a better job in smoothing my hair. Most importantly, my hair does not fall as much. Usually, smoothing products do a number on the roots and cause huge hair fall. Also, this does a great job in combating frizz in humidity. Many products, including One'n'Only Aragon oil serums and Oleo-Relax, do not come close to the performance of this product. Once the product dries in your hair, it does not feel greasy at all. In fact, it provides volume and shape. I use a curling iron after using this on dry hair. My curls never looked better. I also use this on wet hair before blow drying. It keeps my hair smooth and without frizz. Love this and highly recommend it.

on 5/28/2014 9:57:00 AM

i love this serum so much. i use this on damp or dry hair before i go to work or while at it. it smells really nice, literally controls the frizz, which i have a lot due to heat damage, and it doesn't weigh down my hair. my hair feels soft and looks shiny but not oily. i love it so much and would def purchase again!

on 1/12/2014 1:53:00 AM

I really like this product! Not the best thing ever, but it does the job with a affordable price tag. This serum is very light weight and DOES NOT weigh my thin hair down at all. Adds shine and makes hair soft.

on 12/14/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this several months ago, when I was looking for a serum that would smooth down my hair, and prevent flyaways. It was a little expensive though, but I heard good things about this product, which made me think it would be worth a shot.

First off, my hair is silky straight in its natural state, far from unruly, but also not perfect (My left side tends to be slightly fluffy because of the layers I have, while my right side is stick straight). I've never gone for any chemical treatments, with the exception of recently dyeing my hair dark reddish-brown. My hair is naturally thick, voluminous (which I dislike) and prone to flyaways at the crown of my head, in addition to looking like a lion's mane when I wake up in the morning.

So far, I've tried other products (olive oil, Herbal Essence, Dove) which have left me unsatisfied due to the 'side effects'. I.E. Itchy scalp, dandruff, hair fall and dryness.

Packaging: Slightly inconvenient, I don't know if it's just me, but I find the cap difficult to put on and take off (That may be due to my small child-like hands, lol)
Price: RM 30+ at Watsons. Not really budget friendly. Picked it up on discount, about RM 25. Still cheaper than other alternatives.
Life span: It does last a while though..approximately 2-3 months (or more) for me considering I only use it after I wash my hair or when I need to, not everyday.
Scent: I personally like the scent of this product. It does fade away after a while though, so if you're not a fan, no worries.
How I use it: On damp/dry hair. I'll either blow dry it or let it air dry and it works fine either way.
Performance: Eliminates frizz (in the lion mane mornings), smooths my hair down, makes my hair shinier and straighter (if I flat iron it). My hair felt softer and more manageable, which is great. Didn't cause itchiness, oiliness or damage to my hair (which is fantastic!). As for getting rid of flyaways, it only works for me if I blow dry my hair after applying. It doesn't work if I air dry it.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my purchase, and I would buy it again despite the price :)

on 10/10/2013 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I picked this up as it was on sale at my favourite drugstore and this is definitely a keeper.
I use it on my damp hair before blow drying and the result is soft, silky, shiny hair.
I should note that I colour my hair every 6-8 weeks (at a salon) and I wash my hair about 3 times a week and try to limit the heat styling to just blow drying. I'll use a flat iron once a week or a special occasion.

It's lightweight and rinses off my hands fairly easily. I don't notice a smell as other reviewers have mentioned; my hair just smells 'clean' afterwards.

I really don't have a problem with frizz so I can't make any comments about how well this serum performs in that arena. I do notice that my hair looks sleek after blow drying with this serum and I'm happy with that.

I did try it once on dry hair before using a flat iron and it felt a little heavy. Then again, I'm still trying to get used to a flat iron so I may change my opinion on that.

Overall, an excellent product that doesn't cost a fortune.
I'll definitely repurchase.

I have no idea how this product worked on anyone hairs! I got the product because of these reviews and after I used it a couple of times I took it back. It did nothing for my hair.