September 2, 2014 | 1907 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lipglass in clear

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by SUGAJAY

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a gloss on its own this product is wayyy too sticky and thick however, if you put a little on top of a matte lipstick or even a cream based lipstick it gives it an extra boost. If you're a girl that likes nicely glossed lips then you'll love this but it is VERY sticky and a little goes a long way. I like that with the tube you can just apply it directly to your lips but just remember to wipe the tip off once done or else you'll be mixing last nights colour with tonights lip colour. Since it is thick i like to only put a dab on my top and bottom lip, press my lips together and smooth it out then gently press my lips on a piece of tissue and I'm set for the night.

Although a little goes a long way, I paid a little more for this than my lipstick which I wasn't too pleased with but nevertheless this product does what it's supposed and a little goes a very long way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sticky and long-lasting, I've been a fan of MAC lipglasses since teenager. This recently bought this for the second time. I apply it over my lipsticks directly from the tube and tab it with my fingers. I like the gloss doesn't get dirty because there is no wand.

The only downside is you sometimes have to wipe off the tip of the tube because it gets sticky. This packaging is however better than the very old one which leaked.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 6:22:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

This is still the best clear lip gloss ever. Yes, it`s sticky but it lasts. You need very little.. just at the center of the lips and you`re good to go. It also photographs very well... Best shine...I`ve been using this for more than 10 years now and nothing compares. It gives my lips this wet look which is so sexy!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Piper47

Another reviewer said this is "As far as clear lipglosses go, this is about as good as it gets" and she's right. I have tried every clear gloss out there, from cheap to expensive because I often don't like color in my lip gloss & this one offers the best shine lacquer finish without being glittery. You can wear it alone or, layered over other lipsticks/stains. You only need a tiny amount so the $$ you spend on the tube will last you a long time. I usually lose lip glosses before running out ;) It is sticky, no doubt so...sometimes yes, my hair does get stuck when the wind blows but hey...we all suffer for beauty! I would repurchase, should I ever have the need.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by uniqueph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is in my opinion way to sticky and thick to wear on it's own. I do like this over lipstick, just a thin layer to give a beautiful shine. Wouldn't repurchase again because i can't wear on it's own .

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Miraquarius

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the look achieved with product but if you have long hair, it gets stuck to your lips! I recommend wearing long hair tied back away from the face when using lipglass. Also, my hubby hates the feel of it when I kiss him while wearing it! Otherwise, its an ok product.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by xtasteofimpact

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everything stuck to my lips when I wore this, it was terrible.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As far as clear lipglosses go, this is about as good as it gets. Pretty much every product line has one, yet of the many dupes I have, the original is still the best IMHO. Sure, youíre paying a little more just because its MAC, but the tube I have is probably 5 years old and I still have about 75% left, so it was well worth my money. Thereís no scent and no taste. Itís thick & sticky, and lasts a long time on my lips. Itís surprisingly non-drying (though not particularly moisturizing, though I wouldnít expect it to be). I use a tiny, pin-point sized amount over my sheer lipcolors to give them a little more shine and longevity. I get a good 2-3 hours before reapplication is needed. I donít wear this every day, though Iím getting more use out of it as of lately. Itís versatile, as it can be worn on its own or over other lipcolors, applied lightly for just a bit of sheen or more heavily for full-on glossy lips, and even mixed with a more pigmented lipstick to Ďsheerí it out. There are many dupes readily available for a lower price, but this is a quality product worth its price, for its supremely concentrated formula & exceptional staying power. I would repurchase, should I ever have the need.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Lacks subtlety and finesse (too thick and sticky) for everyday wear. Consistency just about tolerable for evening event when extra 'oomph' required for lips. Otherwise, best avoided.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by willhe2020

this is the perfect clear coat if you already have a color on you lip that's not so shinny (if you like shinny lips). using this you could all so mix pigments and make sum unlike any other colors in your box for you lips or your eyes (if shinny eyes are your thing) this is something you could find your self using on a daily base if your a glam boy or girl... also good for just a nice gloss