Rimmel Extra Super Lash mascara

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/22/2015 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This was one of my HG mascaras for years — great length, volume, and an unbeatably low price point. IMO: every bit as good as Lancôme Définicils, at a fraction of the cost!

Alas, Coty/Rimmel has discontinued this gem, despite its longtime popularity😞

on 12/3/2014 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

this was on sale, so I thought I'd try it out. my favourite mascara is maybelline illegal length, and this seemed like it could be a slightly cheaper dupe. no. I hate the brush, the formula just clumps all over it and then clumps all over my lashes and requires a few coats to even out. this is possibly the worst mascara I've ever bought. I'll finish the tube I already have but definitely won't repurchase.
Eta: I just checked the pictures and it seems the brush in the Australian version of this mascara is different, or there's been a recent change in packaging because my brush is curved with very little bristles, instead of a regular mascara wand.

Normally i don't try new mascaras because I'm in love with the falsies mascara but i have a new love for this product. I was running low on money so when i saw the double pack for only $3.95 i couldn't pass it up. I will definitely be repurchasing this mascara because it makes my lashes incredibly long. I take deep pride in my lashes(because i'm not a big makeup person) they must be long and full. So i will admit they don't make your lashes full but the length is amazing so If you need length this is the best deal you'll find.

on 11/19/2014 3:36:00 PM

Like everyone else, I keep looking for my perfect mascara. I have sensitive eyes, so I prefer mascaras that make my lashes look sort of naturally longer, darker, and thicker to the ones that make you look like you're wearing falsies. I found a 2-pack of these for less than $4, and I had a $1 off coupon, so I thought it was worth a try. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now, and I'm pleased with it--it's a good basic mascara. I prefer the classic brush to the fancy newer types, because they tend to go right through my sparse lashes and deposit the mascara on my eyelid. Since this mascara is somewhat lacking in oomph, however, I usually apply a coat of lengthening mascara on top of it. I guess that means I'm not saving money with my cheap mascara, but at least the combination is currently working for me. I would definitely buy this again.

on 10/28/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Simple. Inexpensive. It performs. Classic brush. Formula is wet but it does not flake when dry

on 10/14/2014 1:39:00 PM

Got this at Walmart in a 2 pack for $5, who could hate that? They changed the packaging recently so maybe they changed the formula too? I don't know- I loved it before and I love it now. I've never had flaking problems (unlike with NYX mascaras *COUGH*). Rimmel Extra Super Lash layers easily without clumping- do not wait for each layer to dry before putting on another layer! I hate when women do this and then complain it's clumpy, of course that makes it clumpy with any mascara. Try to layer on quickly for the smoothest coating, and eyelash combs are a girl's best friend!

on 9/18/2014 4:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

this mascara immediately removed the curl out of my lashes. my lashes naturally point down so I curl them. as soon as I put this on, my lashes went straight down.
very annoying. I bet this would be great in a waterproof version

on 7/21/2014 5:08:00 PM

I've tried everything over the years both expensive and cheap. This is great - good lash covering and staying power. Think I've found my HH mascara!

on 7/16/2014 1:49:00 AM

May be I got a bad one but this mascara flakes really badly on me. Yes it does extends my lashes and gives the look of thicker lashes but the panda eye is never flattering, especially after wearing it for only an hour or so.

This is especially disappointing since my lashes takes on mascara pretty well too.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ok so I just bought my third tube of this. The first time I bought this was out of desperation of being poor. The tube was 2 dollars and change. I was definitely surprised ! I do have very long and somewhat thick lashes to begin with. That being said, I use this every day and it can look very natural or be layered well. I'm one to use mascaras well past their expiration date but I found this one dried out very quickly and became unusable. But for the price ! Who cares. They usually sell packs of two for less than 5 usd which is a steal