December 21, 2014 | 1410 users online

Styling Products - KMS California - Curl-up Spray

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by chocface85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is really overprices for what it is. The packaging looks nice, and the scent is light and orangey which is always nice. The product did enhance my curls slightly, when used with a diffuser and scrunched up ( I have naturally wavy hair), but it also made my hair, frizzy and very very dry. I think this product must have lots of alcohol in it. I have tried other curling products which have been far better than this. I will not be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by chrissyo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely orange creamsicle scent and gives good bounce and definition to my curls. It's pretty pricey stuff, IMO, but I definitely notice my curls are tighter when I use this spray.

After moving to a new climate 4 years ago, my natural curls were no longer the same shiny, bouncy, spirally beauties they were back in the dry air and clean water of Colorado. A year or so after moving, I finally conceded nature wasn't doing me any favours, and resorted to hot rollers. I've been working ever since to perfect the combination of hair products to give me good hold and a bit of bounce.

My Babyliss ceramic rollers + this spray + Biolage Volumizing Mousse + KMS Curl Up spray = consistently great hair that lasts all day (come rain, shine, humidity, public transport commuter sweat, etc). I've been regularly complimented by colleagues, friends and strangers alike. I have even been asked if I just got my hair done professionally on a couple of occasions at the end of the day, after having done a full day of work and commuting. So pleased to have finally perfected my routine!

For reference, I have slightly longer than shoulder-length hair and apply a ball of mousse about half the size of my fist after blow drying my hair. I then spray the thermal active spray and curl up (in that order). I also finish with a few spritzes of Paul Mitchell Freeze & Shine spray after taking out my curlers and styling my 'do.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by dstamnitz2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have wavy 2b hair, and this defines my waves a bit so they look styled, not sloppy. I'm not too fond of sprays because they get all over everything, but this product works well enough for me to get over that. It lasts a long time too. I prefer it over Matrix Curl Life products, which are too heavy for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 12:10:00 PM More reviews by kvryenhoek

I like how this product doesnt have a tendancy to dry up my hair after I've used it. It has a great smell like oranges. I remember the first time I wore it my boyfriend commented on how nice my hair smelled. It holds curls for me well which is astounding since my hair ust rejects curls like a plague :P It is also so easy to apply and use. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2008 2:14:00 AM More reviews by AndieD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have naturally curly hair & this is (by a landslide) the best spray that I have found (& it's not for lack of trying & testing.) Smells great, holds curl without weighing down or being stickey... awesome!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so surprised to see that anyone would actually buy this product again. Usually I understand that people have all different lengths and textures and thickness of hair and that products that don't work for me might work for 99% of other people, but this stuff is ridiculous. It looks, smells, and feels like alcohol, and--what do you know--it's basically made out of alcohol.
It's awful for your hair. The alcohol dries hair out and the only reason it helps "curl" is because it absorbs oil and causes frizz. I would not let this anywhere near my hair, even on the roots.
It is nothing but alcohol, so the only reason to buy this is if you need an extra-expensive antiseptic in a spray bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2007 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Kristineh

I like this product a lot, I used to use KMS Curling Balm but this spray actually works better. I usually spray it on towel-dried hair and go straight to bed, and I wake up with the most amazing curls. I notice a huge difference from my hair when I've used this and when I haven't. Will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2006 12:39:00 PM More reviews by starladear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not impressed. I expected more from this somewhat pricey product. This leaves my hair stickier and not so much curlier. More like putting hairspray on wet hair. No comparison to Redken fresh curls or Studio line Pumping curls.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2006 2:22:00 PM More reviews by timtum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very wavy hair and this spray makes my hair appear almost curly when I blowdry it with a diffuser on low. It smells yummy like mango vanilla. I get complements on my hair when I use this. Also it doesn't make my hair sticky or crunchy. It doesn't weigh my hair down at all and my wavy almost curly hair lasts all day. I like this product. I recommend this product and yes I would buy it again

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2005 2:03:00 PM More reviews by MakeupJunkie22

eh. This product is ok. I really do like the curling balm better. I sprayed on my wavy permed hair after a shower and scrunched for a bit and let it airdry. At first, the curls were defined and pretty, but then it fell down and lost volume after it dried. The smell was great however! I really wanted to like this product, but it's just OK.