Cargo Cargo Bronzer in Medium

4.2

Mica, Talc, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Squalane, Aluminum Starch, Octenysuccinate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Kaolin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylparaben, Methicone, Mineral Oil. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 12/18/2013 8:08:00 PM

Just simply not practical for an everyday bronzer. It does not look natural whatsoever and makes you look like you put glitter on your face. it's shiny and very cheap looking on. it may be nice for going out where you are in a dim lit place and don't mind a little shimmer. but honestly i would not recommend at all.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I do like this bronzer, and will probably try to finish it up or end up swapping it before I run out. I can't imagine running out before the apocalypse. It is not as fantastic as NARS Laguna, but it is pretty good on my NC25 skin. If you use a light hand, it is not orange or sparkly. Of course, NOTHING will ever beat L'Oreal HIP bronzer. I put "no" that I would not repurchase, because I would choose Laguna over this.

on 1/10/2013 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

While I love cargo and feel bad giving a bad review, this bronzer wasnt good for me. Too bronze, like a metallic finish. Otherise if you like the color, all else was great.

Update: Weirdly love this when applied with a light hand using a fan brush. I think using too much was giving it a metallic, Tin Man look. I've got it down now and when done right gives the perfect bronzy glow. Paired with Lorac's Flaunt, a cool-toned hot pink blush, I look like I spent the day frolicking in the sun.

on 11/4/2012 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I am NC45 MAC Prolong Wear for reference.

This did not work as a bronzer for me because of all the medium size shimmer and it's oragney, but I love to layer it over blush. It gives me a healthy glow I just have to be light handed with it. I'm so glad I didn't toss this out when I was cleaning out my stash.

on 9/22/2011 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This bronzer is great. I'm not that tan, so most other products I've tried make my skin look too ruddy unless I apply it *extra* carefully. But this bronzer adds just the right amount of warmth and shimmer. I use my big MAC powder brush and sweep it all over my face after applying tinted moisturizer. It's more expensive that drugstore brands (mine was $28 from the Canadian site ebeauty.ca) but you don't need to cake it on, so it lasts for a long time. It's worth it for me when I think about all the half-used bronzers I have lying around.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this bronzer probably close to HG for me but I hate the packaging (as with most of the Cargo products) it doesn't travel well and it will crack. Other than that I love the way it makes my skin glow, not orange looking, will purchase again.

on 4/2/2011 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Wow! Is what first came to mind when I put this on. I had read reviews on MUA on this bronzer, but when I went to swatch it in the shop I thought it seemed quite light-coloured (I was scared it wouldn't show up on my skin) and VERY shimmery.

BUT when I got home and put it on my face, it looked soo natural, and the gold flecks in it are very subtle and only noticeable if you look up close. I would say this is a subtle bronzer, but it definitely warms up your face and gives you a fresh-off-the-beach glow and makes a difference to your skintone! It is also very buildable, and quite pigmented.

I'm not a big fan of the packaging - detachable lid, no mirror. And when you open the can I think it looks like you get a lot more product than you do get, because they must sit the pan about halfway up the tin. I compared it to my Rimmel Natural Bronzer and they are about the same size in diameter, and it looks like the Cargo goes deeper, but if you compare the weights - the Rimmel is 14g, and the Cargo is only 8.9g. So I feel a tiny bit cheated by that. Nevertheless, I don't think this is an overly exorbitant price to pay for a bronzer ($26 CAD + tax).

I also love that it's made in Canada so I can finally buy something that is cheaper here than in the US!

Overall very satisfied with my purchase - I'm thinking of going to buy the matte version too!

this is my favorite bronzer. i have pretty light skin, and everything else turns my face orange. (Although i think Cargo just makes really good bronzers to begin with.) even the Too Faced bronzer made me look orange. the MAC bronzer is okay but still makes my skin look a little bit dirty looking or even a tad orange-ish. This Cargo one is just right. I will continue to buy it.

on 8/8/2010 2:11:00 PM

This is a pretty decent bronzer, perhaps for cooler tones it wouldn't work because it definitely has a more coppery tone to it. I really like the tin, Cargo definitely has some of the most practical packaging on the old blushes and bronzers, its neat looking and doesn't get broken or scratched. Its a lot of bronzer for the price, so I think the price is worth how much product you get, it's not my favorite, but it works :)

on 6/30/2010 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Nice color- not too dark. Doesnt make you look dirty. HOWEVER it is just too expensive. I prefer Rimmell bronzer. $4 a pot. Lasts forever. Just as good. Why pay more?

Popular Bronzers