July 29, 2014 | 1526 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Body Oil with Sesame

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by km1704

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use this yeeeears ago but forgot about it, and had an unopened bottle in my bathroom that I just rediscovered halfway through this summer. I can't believe I wasn't using this sooner - it looks amazing after you've just shaved and if you have tanned legs - really perfect for giving your legs a moisturized glow. I don't mind the smell.

However.... I looked at the ingredients and while there are only 3-4 ingredients, two of them are propylparaben and BHT :( This is upsetting - but also explains why it hasn't gone foul after sitting around (probably for years) in my medicine cabinet.

I will probably repurchase because I love this more than natural oils like coconut and olive, it just really seems to work better. But I hope that when i DO go to repurchase, the ingredients have since changed to eliminate those nasty preservatives and chemicals.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by atikinb

This body oil smells lovely (perhaps slightly overpowering) and leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft after application. In terms of long-term moisturising affects however, I think it's rubbish. I get very dry skin in winter, and after applying this the night before I wake up the following morning still with extremely dry skin. I've been using it for over a month now and it has no long term effects in terms of improving my skin. I'll stick to regular moisturiser next time. I won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by JenC

Love this and have discovered a new use... MAKEUP REMOVER. This works AWESOME on my waterproof eyeliner and mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Rubypma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let's start off with the fact that I absolutely LOVE this product! It does wonders for my dry itchy skin. It soaks in so quickly, I typically use it after I get out of the shower and pat off any excess moisture and then apply it all over. It's particularly helpful after I shave and have itchy razor burn, it takes away the sting and itch. Although I see many reviews stating the fact that they are not fans of the fragrance, I myself like the way it smells. Not to heavy and strong and dissipates fairly quickly so I never worry about it competing with my perfume.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Maebe85

The smell of this product is heavenly. I use it in the summer instead of lotion. During the winter I get incredibly dry skin so I put this oil on a few minutes before I shower and my skin stays nice and moist after I shower and put lotion. There are a lot of higher priced body oils on the market and I have tried them all and this is just as great and you can pick it up at any drug store or Walmart

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Jnsbaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this stuff. I use it on my face twice a day. After I use my cleanser, I put it on. It is so soft and refreshing. I also actually think it's helping my acne. GREAT product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

A nice bath oil that I love adding a few drops to my bath water. It has a nice gardenia scent to it. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is that it has parabens in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Robin1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this product! It has significantly improved my skin and reduced the appearance of my KP on my arms.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by loveisblind1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always had dry skin on my body. It was just a part of my routine I've neglected but after being envious of celebrities' glowing skin on their body, I went to look for something to get that look. I found it in this. I had bad experiences with other oils (coconut, olive) being too thick and not easily absorbable. But this absorbed nicely (will still wait at least 5-10 min before jumping into bed). Sometimes when I need extra exfoliation, I use this oil with some sugar and scrub where needed. My bumps on my arms have been disappearing slowly. I also have a lot of ingrown hairs on my legs. Using this oil to scrub with these Korean spa exfoliating hand mitts (ones the people at Korean spas use to scrub every dead skin cell out of you!) and sometimes use a sugar. My skin feels super smooth. I also use this oil to mix in with a little highlighter (Becca's Shimmering skin Perfector) to apply to my chest, decolletage, arms, and legs to give my skin that celebrity glowing skin look. My skin goes from dull to luminous!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by an0uck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Update:
Think I have gotten more used to the strong scent, however, will not be purchasing again. It does last a long while though, I still have it, so if you want to try it is good value for money. Have been using it up in the shower like a moisturising body wash, and I think its nicer like that.

___________________________________________________________
I don't mind the product, it would be 3.5 lippies but I down-rated it because of the packaging.

It is a nice oil to mix in with your body moisturiser, particularly in the winter. I couldn't find the fragrance-free version so I used the sesame, but I think I would prefer frag-free. This one has an overwhelming scent. I like how Neutrogena is doing their 'naturals' brand, so maybe we will see a more 'natural' version of this??

The major problem with this is the packaging. The plastic cap isn't really good enough to stop oil leaking out, and the bottle is very thin so i would worry about it being dropped. Also, because it doesn't have a pump top, you have to pick it up each time you want to use it, so if you have oily hand already its kinda gross. So a pump top would be better. Maybe I will have to find another bottle to decant this into......

Will update later, but so far I would not buy this again and go with something slightly more natural. But I don't think this is as bad as a lot of products available and it hasn't had any bad effects on me.