Neostrata Facial Cleanser PHA 4%

4.1

on 1/9/2015 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

What an amazing cleanser ! This is the PHA formula which basically means its a gentle form of glycolic acid so its perfect for those with sensitive skin. I started using this cleanser about a week ago and I noticed a difference in my skin straight away. It felt smoother looked clearer and my makeup looked better. I have been using this twice a day and I am in love with it. I am seeing huge improvements in my skin and whats even better is this cleanser isn't that expensive I think it retails here for about Ä24 which is amazing.. Thats probably because Neostarta hold the patent for gylcolic's definitely a brand worth looking into if you like AHA's.

on 6/11/2013 9:39:00 AM

It did nothing for my acne combo skin. I didnt like thebsmell, lather or feel. It felt a bit slimy on my skin and i didnt notice any visible change.
I like the packaging of the pump gel but overall a little disappointed as i found most neostrata products really great.
For $27aud it was expensive. Will not repurchase.

on 12/9/2012 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

So I have really really really oily skin and I've never found a cleanser that helped my skin to produce less oil and then I bought the neostrata facial cleanser and it works wonders, my skin was mattify all day long but the big problem is that it dries out my skin so bad ! Now I have eczema around my mouth and nose ! I really have to use this product less than usual, and I use a very very hydrating cream on my face to counter the drying effect of this cleanser ! So I won't re-purchase because it contains so bad ingredients in it that kill my skin !

on 8/16/2012 8:30:00 PM

NeoStrata I believe has some of the best products in the Industry, and more people should know about them and be buying their products!

The 4% Facial Cleanser is lovely, I suffer from mild adult acne, dryness, oily t-zone and large pores. It makes my skin feel truly clean and soft, ready for the rest of my routine.

I use it with my Clarisonic Mia which works well with my skin, sensitive girls might find it a bit irritating if they also use the 10% AHA Lotion. I use in conjunction with the Lotion though with no issues at all.

My skin has cleared up tremendously since using this cleanser, and also the AHA 10% Lotion, what a god send!!

Definitely a HG a long with the Lotion, you have to check this cleanser out!! Thanks NeoStrata for giving me my glowing skin back!

on 2/1/2012 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Just about finished my first bottle of Neostrata Facial Cleanser PHA 4. This product works like a dream on my dry, sensitive, pigmented skin. I massage a small amount of cleanser onto my damp face and neck for about a minute, then rinse. This non-foaming cleanser leaves my skin gently cleansed and exfoliated and left feeling soft, smooth and comfortable. No dryness/ taughtness. Retails for £20 for a 100ml bottle but you only need a small amount of product so itís very worthwhile and lasts for ages. This product has improved the overall appearance and texture of my skin in a very gentle and non-irritating way. Awesome stuff indeed :) Iím off to go buy another bottle.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Gluconolactone, Triethanolamine, Polyquaternium-10, Propylene Glycol, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycine, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Panthenol, Sodium Chloride, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol.

on 1/4/2012 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have gone through about 6 bottles now. Feels gentle and smooth, doesnt irritate even after washing more than twice in a day! It does not remove make up though so you will need to use remover cloths before. Maybe not suitable for severley oily skin but it works for me.

on 12/15/2011 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE: This also leaves a coating on my skin so it does mess with my foundation wear during the day. I don't like that at all so I have to drop the rating another point.

This came in a kit for rosacea. The cleanser is okay: Texture is rather slimy and it's not creamy or foamy just there. Does not remove makeup so I only use this in the morning. Pump is functional. 6 oz bottle so not a terrible price for the amount. Have not seen mega improvements that I could claim because of this cleanser but with the kit have seen an overall brightened and lightened complexion. I'm just not wowed by this cleanser so probably would not repurchase. For an AHA cleanser I'd recommend MD Forte over this.

on 8/5/2011 10:30:00 PM

I love Neostrata; however, this product really stripped my skin of it's natural oils (and I don't have sensitive skin). I used it for a couple of months before deciding to retire it for good. Can't say I saw a positive difference in my skin for using it. I read lots about whether AHA/ BHA etc, actually does anything in a cleanser, and I am likely to agree with most reports that the ingredients are just washed down the sink before they do anything. Will stick to good old Cetaphil

on 7/28/2011 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This detergent-based, water-soluble facial cleanser contains 4% polyhydroxy acid. It exfoliates my dry and sensitive skin without causing irritation as AHA's and BHA's do. ( I use a separate make-up remover.) I dampen my skin, gently massage the cleanser over my face and neck, and then rinse thoroughly. I find that this cleanser works best in warmer weather. It seems to irritate my skin in winter.

on 7/12/2011 7:28:00 PM

In general I am a fan of Neostrata products, so when I finished up my using my old cleanser, I was very much so looking forward to trying this cleanser. This is a non foaming cleanser, which actually was quite nice, it feels like more of a oil cleanser when using it. When cleansing it gave me a slight tingle which I don't mind, however the biggest let down of this product is that it doesn't remove makeup as it claims it does. Okay I can accept it not to remove eye makeup, but when I was toning my face the amount of left over foundation on my skin was a shock. I used plenty of cleanser and gave my skin a good wash for 2 minutes. So now I am feeling I am using alot of product, and yet it still doesn't remove it all. I have never used a cleanser that has left so much product still on my face, for this I won't be buying again.