April 18, 2014 | 1341 users online

Moisturizers - Jurlique - Clarifying Day Care Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by mtpei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have only tried a sample of this moisturiser. Upon application my skin felt slick, immediately. It didn't seem to absorb into my skin and felt like it was just sitting on it. This after having first washed my face. After a couple of hours, my skin felt tight and dehydrated, yet oily on the surface (my naturally oily skin is partly to blame).

This didn't work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by briano1092

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

zero oil control. terrible smell. very bad design, the cap is too loose. there's still products stucks on the lid.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by dippindotsareyum

Disappointing product. The product does not absorb into the skin and leaves a slightly oily residue. Within a few hours your skin becomes extremely oily which indicates that the moisturiser is not nourishing enough even for oily skins. Skin feels not at all 'balanced and hydrated'. The packaging comes in a frosted glass bottle. I've dropped it a few times and it hasn't cracked but the pump has fallen off and become useless. Expensive. $50 for 30ml. Bottom line, not worth your time and money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by stl

I really loved this at first. It smells heavenly and it felt good to be using an organic moisturizer. Unfortunately, it did nothing to control oiliness (I was still oily a few hours later) and I kind of suspect it clog my pores as I had started to develop some bumps around my chin and cheeks. Went to see dermatologist and extracted them all, I switched to Avene for now, so will see if Jurlique really did clog my pores. But it surely does contain a lot of stuff that supposedly can clog your pores.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by lkk86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This did absolutley nothing in controlling my shine. It is greasy and not easily absorbed. Not worth the price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by word2bird

the only moisturizer that has really worked well with me and improved me adult acne. the price is steep, but it works so i'll continue to buy this. for reference, i've used half the bottle and can see tremendous improvement in my skin. i break out a lot less and my face is overall smoother.

i would recommend applying this right after you wash your face and it is still damp/wet. applying this when you face is completely dry is a mistake!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by saraevamaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for folks with sensitive, oily/acne prone skin that tends to get dried out easily. It seems to me that someone could be disappointed in it if they're looking for something with absolutely no oil, but this product doesn't pretend to be that. Don't buy it if you're face is an ongoing oil slick or if you tend to put heavy makeup or sunscreen on after. But on it's own, this has a delightful consistency, doesn't cause blemishes, and a tiny bit goes a long way so it lasts. For my skin this is great to apply after using a cleanser that removes surface ickies and excess oil, but doesn't strip the skin. If I were using a stripping cleanser and drying toner this wouldn't be moisturizing enough. But with other products right for my skin type this is a great addition.

Edit a while later - I'm not sure if it's because Jurlique changed their formula or what, but I don't care for this (or most of their products) at all anymore. The ones that don't make my face turn red don't seem terribly effective. It seems that this company has added new preservatives and tweaked formulations to some of their products, so maybe that's the culprit? Either way, there are much better products out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 2nd bottle of this now and I LOVE it. I have sensitive skin that can get pimples sometimes but also feels tight and dehydrated sometimes. This stuff is wonderful! It is a very light fluid. It sinks in quickly leaving my skin feeling naturally moisturized but not sticky or heavy or gross at all. I can use this alone on a no-makeup day, or under Sofina sunscreen and Lancome face powder on a warm, oily-skin day, or under a heavier lotion (Bliss or Kiehls usually) and mineral makeup on a dry skin day. I have not had any skin issues with this product. It's wonderful. The smell is strong but pleasant and the price is rather high but definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily sensitive, very acne-prone skin and this has worked exceedingly well. It is super lightweight, almost to the consistency of a serum, and gives just the right amount of moisture. It feels very fresh going on because it's such a thin liquid, and has a nice clean scent. I have really seen a reduction in the amount of clogged pores since using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2008 3:05:00 AM More reviews by pinkvanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is pretty good, a bit expensive though! It is a great light moituriser and it's actually pretty good to put on your skin when you are sunburnt!!

It smells really nice too!!