December 21, 2014 | 1803 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've said this once and I'll say it again; although I believe in "you get what you pay for" I've learned their are a ton of drugstore products that do just as good a job as HE, if not better. And this is one of them!
It's very very black. It's harder than you think to find a nice smooth pigmented black liner these days. It's doesnt smudge, fade, crease, or flake which is a godsend for my oily lids. The only slight problem with this is it's not the most user friendly liner, at least for beginners. but this is the type of brush I originally learned winged liner with so I have absolutely zero complaints with this personally. Plus it's like $3 or $4 so how could this not be worth the shot?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by kabadgley

I swear by this product. It's SUPER black, SUPER matte. It doesn't crack, fade, run or smudge. The brush is soooo manageable for winged eyeliner, I absolutely love it.

I've tried a lot of eyeliners, but this is my absolute favorite. The only downside of this product is that if you mess up on your eyeliner, its SO pigmented, so it makes kind of a mess. A very small price to pay (literally) for such a cheap, reliable product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by kaaayxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This liner is AMAZING. I have tried so many different liquid liners and have never been 100% satisfied. The brush is perfect for doing winged liner, a little of the product goes a long way, and the price is just crazy! It is so cheap! I don't know how anyone could go after a over-priced liner after trying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by beautiijunkii

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This little jewel is a real winner. It's long-lasting, pigmented, and super matte. I love that it doesn't transfer to my crease, which is a pet peeve of mine as I have oily lids and most liners do transfer on me, even with a primer. Not NYC, though! I have a back up on deck ready! Can't be without it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good liquid liner for the price. I would probably give it a full 5 stars if the brush was easier to work with. I'll admit that I don't have tons of experience with liquid liner, so maybe I'll like this more as I use it more, but the brush picks up way too much product and I have to wipe it against the top quite a few times. I have to use the brush VERY slowly otherwise it's so easy to make a mistake with this brush. I do like the formula of this product a lot because it's pigmented and dries matte. There hasn't been any flaking or smudging through the day for me and I can occasionally get oily eyelids. It's not waterproof, so it's super easy to wash off at the end of the day. It's less than $3, so I think it's definitely worth a shot if you haven't tried it before.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very surprised by this $3 product as I have been disappointed by my drugstore purchases over the past few years. I really am loving this. It has only been a week since Ive been using it but I will update this review if there are changes. I've used all kinds of eyeliners almost daily (gel, pencil, liquid, high and low end) for over 15 years so I would say I am pretty knowledgeable in this area. Many black eyeliners are not a true black on me due to my tanned skintone. I am an NC 40-42..this is definitely the darkest I have used. I haven't experienced noticeable flaking, transferring, or fading. I don't have oily eyelids so keep that in mind. My eyelids are hooded and dry and I usually have issues with eyeliner disappearing at the outer corner or slight transfer.

I would say one of the cons of this product is that it may be difficult to use if you don't have a steady hand. When I first got into makeup, I stayed away from brush type applicators like this bc my hands were so shakey. Felt tip applicators (ie. Physicians Formula booster pen) are so much easier for me but if you are experienced with eyeliners, this shouldn't be hard to use.

FYI, I have used MAC blacktrack, BB Ink, WetnWild, L'oreal creme liner, UD Perversion and Zero, all the various Prestige ones, L'oreal Lineur Intense, Etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by xxnathanwolfexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This isn't the best liquid eyeliner out there, but you get what you pay for. I needed more liquid eyeliner, and for $3, I thought "why not?". I'm not too fond of the brush and the long handle, and the liner itself is pretty liquid-y. It takes a little bit to dry and runs when it comes into contact with water. I recommend Wet n' Wild's liquid eyeliners over this, as it's cheaper, has a better formula, and the brand is cruelty free.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by LilMissDani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Decided to try this to break out of my mundane routine.

My all-time favorite liquid eyeliner is from wet n wild. I have been faithfully using it for the past few years but decided to venture off and see what else is out there (within the same price point).

Overall, I really like this NYC eyeliner. Great quality/color, long lasting and affordable. I just wish the brush handle was shorter so I can control the application better. I'll keep this eyeliner around and use it with a different eyeliner brush, if needed.

Looks like I'll be going back to my old routine... at least I tried!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 5:45:00 AM More reviews by foxy14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

gotta give this stuff 5 stars! i was walking thru target and saw a girl with beautiful eyeliner i asked her what she used she told me this stuff!!! 3 dollars? no way! love it

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by karliemoore17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just picked up this eyeliner because the price was fantastic! $3 for any kind of makeup product is a steal. I usually usr elf liquid eyeliner, also incredibly affordable, but I'm a big fan of NYC so I figured I would give this a try. The first thing I noticed was a length of the wand, its super long and if you aren't well versed in the art of liquid eyeliner, it may be difficult to apply. I've been wearing liquid liner since I was 14, so its not a huge issue for me, but I do have to have a bit more patience with it. The color is amazing, its a nice matte black, and it didn't flake or peel or fade throughout the day which I LOVE. It also has a brush applicator instead of a sponge tip, so you can really choose hoe thick of a line you want, and you don't have to worry about the brush drying out or fraying like a sponge. The only thing I really dislike is that it takes a little longer to dry than other liquid liners but once its dry it stays put and looks great all day! Will repurchase!