L'Oreal Feria Haircolor

3.0

Shimmering Conditioning Permanent Colour Gel: Aqua/Water, PEG-4 Rapeseedamide, Alcohol Denat., Glyceryl Lauryl Ether, Deceth-3, Propylene Glycol, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, Ethanolamine, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Polyquarternium-6, Oleyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Ammonium Thiolactate, P-Phenylenediamine, Resorcinol, EDTA, Polyquarternium-24, Erythorbic Acid, M-Aminophenol, N,N-BIS(2-Hydroxyethyl)-P-Phenylenediamine Sulfate, 2-Methylresorcinol, 2,4-Diaminophenoxyethanol HCl. Aromatic Shimmer Serum: Helianthus Annuus/Sunflower Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance. Shimmer Boost Hydrating Conditioner: Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Candelilla Wax, Cetyl Esters, Dimethiconol, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Polyquarternium-37, PEG-150/Stearyl Alcohol/SMDI Copolymer, Mineral Oil, Methylparaben, PEG-150 Distearate, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Propylene Glycol, Camellia Sinensis/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract.

on 8/25/2015 1:42:00 PM

This is for the new C74 Power Copper- WOW! Before I went w the box dye i tried the sallys route. Hicolor sizzling copper and red fire mixed w 20 vol failed me!! No root lifting at all. I have med/dark brown hair and my roots are usually super easy-& I've tried hicolor hilights in all colors before with success, so I was mad. So I picked up some boxes of this w the rite aid BOGO sale. I accidentally got it all over my lengths and ends (which were bleached then dyed w copper semi perm - the kind w no developer like manic panic) cuz I have a longish pixie cut & it's hard to hit only the roots. Amazingly the roots lifted and the color everywhere totally matches! And it's SOOOO shiny! It's a little dark at first but will wash out to more of a light copper which I like - but still SUPER vibrant in even dark light it like glows. And not dark as in true red or any violet tones Tg... Just a shade darker copper than is on the box. This is on DARK ROOTS!! Do not pre bleach!!! It totally lifts dark hair and pre bleaching would be unnecessary damage. I used most of the bottle for my short thickish hair so if long thick hair get 2 definitely. This box dye comes with color a thin liquid, 25 volume developer, a shimmer packet, dye booster (do not get on white countertops), shampoo, and conditioner. Just rinsing out the dye in the shower I noticed just how soft my hair was, and the shampoo was luxuriously soft. After the conditioner forget it... My hair was so soft and shiny it couldn't hold a style! But was beautiful. What they say about ferias shimmering highlights or whatever is totally true!! I had no highlights, monochromatic copper hair w dark roots, this covered all evenly and left me with the most fab hair I've had in a loong time! Bonus: husband can't keep away from me ;) Oh ps I heavily coconut oiled my hair about 2 hours prior to dyeing for added scalp and hair protection. Works for bleaching... works for coloring.

on 6/16/2015 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm a dark golden brunette, pale but very warm-toned; my hair is born-again virgin after about 5 years of no coloring. The shade "51 Bronzed Brown (Brazilian Brown)" caught my eye because the main image on the box looked exactly like my natural color when I was younger, so I knew it'd work on me even though my natural color is now quite a bit darker. It came out a deep, reddish-bronzed brown - it actually seems darker than my natural color, somehow, but it's very flattering and looks so natural that several people have said "What did you change? You look great!" The highlights are nothing spectacular - my hair has copious natural highlights, though, so the effect may be more pronounced on others. Now, for the bad part: my hair smelled like chemicals for 4 shampoos. It also really dried out my hair when I colored, but that's my fault for having used a clarifying shampoo the night before. Overall, I recommend this shade for anyone with warm tones to their skin.

on 6/1/2015 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My overall rating would be -10 if it were not for the amazing conditioner that you get with Feria. I've used this product a couple times and most recently was reminded as to why box dye sucks and I.must stay loyal to Sallys.
I purchased 4 ash brown (could've been 5) and applied it to my level 7 reddish bronde (yes ,bronde) roots. Only my roots as I was trying to create a: Grown out root look, quote, unquote. (my ends were a light golden blonde)

This product turned aforementioned hair to a level 4, teetering on 3, plumish darkish chocolate covered rasberryish color. AN ASH COLOR. It even rinsed out reddish. Which instantly confused me because ASH IS THE ANTI RED. so riddle me that feria?!??

Anyways.
I suggest to those who can't find themselves a Sally Beauty and buy Wella, that you DO NOT buy Feria. Box wise, L'Oreal excellence is pretty good...

Oh, one other thing,I had to keep the product on my roots for 45 minutes which is absurd because I only do so for 25 with a 20V developer + _____ brand hair color. So, if u want ur scalp to melt off, this is the product for u :D

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It's a little rough on your hair, but the colors Feria makes are unlike any others. This is not a dye for the faint of heart though. You must know, in advance, that it's what you want. I've used a number of Feria colors over the years, mainly the burgundies and blacks, but a few light ash brown sorts too. My go-to color has always been Starry Night, which makes my hair jet black and gorgeous every single time. Be sure you actually want jet black hair though because Feria bleaches out terribly. Otherwise, it's a fabulous dye with a lot of dimension. If you leave it in too long, you will look Superman Blue for a day or two (if this happens, just wash it a few more times and it will chill out).

on 4/2/2015 1:10:00 PM

This review is for the C74 Intense Copper dye. The colour came out beautifully on my light brown hair. It didn't overly stain, and using the conditioning shampoo actually took out the excess so nothing at all came off on my towel after I rinsed. This is not a subtle colour nor is it at all natural, it sort of looks like an orangey red acid trip and I adore it! I've washed my hair a few times and don't see bleeding, and the intensity hasn't worn off at all. I love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I personally don't like this hair color at all. It doesn't stick to my hair, and bleeds quite a bit. Just recently I bought a box of the plum black hair dye and was so disappointed- after leaving the color on for 30 minutes, I got absolutely no results on my medium brown hair. You would think there would at least be a red / purple tint but oh no. And that's very rare for my hair as it usually takes color very well. Wouldn't recommed this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I used to use the bleach in this line years ago and it worked wonderfully. However, the last two times i've used it- my hair barely lifted! maybe 1-2 shades.. when i used to get 3-4. I'm not sure if my hair has changed (possibly stubborn from all the dye jobs--- but than again my roots didn't lift all the much either!!!) or if l'oreal changed their formula since introducing that high lift blonde series into their lineup. Good thing is that it doesn't fry my hair- never has. But I'll be going to sally's next time I need to bleach.
:\

on 9/28/2014 12:32:00 AM

Had greenish tint in my hair from not paying attention and putting an ash toner on my blonde highlights then dying my hair dark brown. I used color oops to get all the old hair dye out then dyed my hair with another hair color but I was flat and dull..I tried Feria light golden brown and loved the results...gave dimension to my brown color and gives my hair the appearance of having highlights/lowlights...May be my new go-to:)

UPDATE: although I liked the original color the dark brown returned really quickly...but I'm not quick to blame just the product since all the previous nonsense I had done to my hair may have contributed:) I just think this was the wrong product at the wrong time...still may buy again in a few months

on 9/6/2014 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This review is for the shade Violet Soft Black

I used this in December of 2011. My hair was a medium brown with a slight red undertone. I saw this color in the store and thought it was pretty from what I saw on the box and have always wanted a deep purple look. It was kind of expensive (10 bucks a box) and I needed two for my long hair. I always stick to revlon colorsilk but the color on this box was so pretty. I figured why not.
So onto the coloring. I applied as usual like any normal hair dye. While it was processing my roots looked slightly pink/red and that should have been my first warning....the box states this is a warm hair dye although the model has a cool tone purple color. Upon washing the dye out my roots and upper hair were a dark burgundy with reddish pink roots and the bottom of my hair remained the same color it was before dying. I was very disappointed and mad for giving in to the pretty color on the box, and for wasting 20 dollars. My hair also felt very dry which never happens when I dye my hair so I know it was this dye.
I had to fix this by dying my hair completely black
I will never touch this hair dye again. Please, listen to the reviews on here. Do not give in to the nice flashy box with "pretty" hair colors because what you see is NOT what you will get.

on 8/17/2014 5:06:00 PM

OKAY! Whatever you do, DO NOT buy this product. I bought the loreal Paris feria hi-lift brown and it was HORRIBLE. I have a brunette/ brown natural hair color and I dyed my hair lighter about 2 weeks ago to get the brown out so I could dye it a different color. So, I decided I wanted to try this product, not just to get the brown out but because I liked the light brown/blonde tones on the picture of the box. I've done box dyes before and I've never been so upset. First of all, instead of it dying my hair like the pictures on the box (dark to light) it dyed my hair dark! I had light roots, dark brownish tips, and blue/grey in the middle. YES! BLUE AND GREY. It was a disaster. You know when you shake up the contents of the bottles together and that blue/purple/grey color the dye looks when you put it on your hair? Well that's the actual color it came out. I went to the store and am currently dying my hair again because it was terrible. Do not buy this if you have light hair, or in general.

Popular Hair Color Products