August 22, 2014 | 1028 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by themelody1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Can I just say, wow. I can't speak for everyone but if you're a teenager you will love this stuff. It doesnt break me out and it really helps keep acne at bay. A month or 2 ago I tried MaryKay timewise moisturizer for dry skin......BIG MISTAKE. I've had huge breakouts all over my face, and I mean ALL over. Chin,neck,cheeks,forehead,nose you name it. It was the worst breakout I've ever had. This stuff seriously helped clear that up, definitely one of my HG items

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cleanser/mask is fantastic for my acne troubled skin. I would say my acne is mild to moderate. The majority of my breakouts are hormonal and appear around my chin and jaw line. I originally started using this product when my dermatologist recommended it to me years ago, when I first started having acne breakouts. The product doubles as a cleanser and mask, however, I only use it as a cleanser. When I have used this as a mask, it has been too harsh for my skin. It left the entire area red and irritated where I had applied the mask. This is saying something, since I don't have sensitive skin. Therefore, I would be extremely cautious using this product, especially as a mask, if you have sensitive skin. This is probably due to the high concentration of benzoyl perozide (3.5%). However, I LOVE this product as a cleanser. It helps keep my breakouts at bay, and is a much cheaper and more effective version of ProActiv's BP cleanser. I have been buying for years and will continue to do so until my acne subsides. The only downside is that it can be drying, if you use it too often. This is common with any product containing BP.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Jalanalexis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It didn't work for me. I liked using the mask park because it felt clay like. I used it for a month because thats when most products kick in but it didnt do anything over the whole time period. The smell was actually kinda nice. Also my like cap wouldn't like shut completely. So i still have my pimple skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by saralabeara13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely lovvvee this product! You name it, I've tried. It's funny that I used a product before this that was hundreds of dollars, and still didn't get the results that I have with this. you can feel it working, with a tingling sensation. It even gets rid of my stubborn blackheads on my nose. I use it as a mask in the morning, and just a regular cleanser at night. But if my skin feels oily by three end of

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 4:17:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use Salicylic Acid as a natural shine controller in my primers and foundations. It's far too gentle to actually treat my stubborn jaw acne and active red pimples elsewhere. I use Neutrogena's Natural Makeup Remover Cleanser & pat my face completely dry. Then I smooth an even layer of this all over concentrating on the real stubborn white heads. It's recommended that you use this as a mask for only 5 mins but I left mine on for two hours straight after continuing a late night phone call with my boyfriend and completely forgetting about it. Once I washed off my face every single piece of gunk, dirt and oil was extracted from my face leaving behind a clear, smooth surface...something I never saw when only using this mask for only 5 mins. After this I follow up with Persa Gel 10 from Clean and Clear and my skin has never been this clear in years!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by PinkFloyd06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This product changed my skin. I have very acne-prone skin and this is the only face wash I have tried to help combat my acne. I don't use this as a mask, I only use it as a wash. Just make sure to moisturize after using, as the BP can tend to dry skin out if not properly hydrated.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Sofiafog99

I really didn't enjoy this mask at all. I put it on and first felt the usual tingling that you feel when something is working. About 30 seconds later it started burning like crazy. I got to the point where it was burning so bad I couldn't handle it and I immediately washed it off. When I looked in he mirror my face was bright bright red and it almost looked sunburnt. I don't know if this is a Normal effect of using it, but I do not recommend it at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by WynterOlly

Love this. I wash my face with this three times a week, using CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser on the alternate days, which is more gentle. This keeps the breakouts at bay and my skin is left clean, comfortable and smooth. I also use it as a spot treatment on pimples overnight and they are gone by morning. Love.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Muaviv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay, so I don't really write reviews on products I purchase, but this one was a MUST! Never have I had such a horrible experience with a cleanser. I originally bought this product because I saw that it was a mask and have heard good things about it. I started reading the ingredients and saw it has 3.5% benzoyl peroxide acne medication in it (which I like) and that is can be used as a cleanser and a mask. I decided to use it as a mask and knowing it had such a strong acne medication in it and that I have sensitive skin, I knew not to leave it on as long as it said to. I left it on for 2-3 minutes while brushing my teeth and right away i felt the tingling on my skin. I didn't think anything of it so I washed it off after 3 minutes. When I washed it off, i didn't see any drastic changes to my skin right away, which I expected. However, the following day my face got super dry! it was crazy how dry my skin got and it went down to my neck a bit. I thought it was maybe the makeup wipe I used, but it wasn't. The following day (today), I woke up and not only was my skin super dry, but it had tiny little whiteheads everywhere! Even my eyelids were dry and had tiny bumps! These whiteheads are not noticeable though. you can see them if you were to pay attention to the texture of my skin, but if not you wouldn't be able to see them. You definitely can fell the dryness and bumps on my skin though! I have never had this reaction to any product and I have used quite a bit. My cleanser is cetaphil and I use St. Yves apricot scrub, which contains sacylic acid, frequently and have never had this outcome. I definitely do not recommend this product if you have sensitive skin. It is very over drying and can feel a bit uncomfortable afterwards. I am actually scared to use this as a cleanser now. I'm not typing this up to talk down on the product, as it has worked for the majority of the girls. I am just listing my experience with it and how my skin dealt with it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by rachlovesoliver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had this cleanser for years and it used to work okay as an acne treatment. Much too drying for my sensitive skin to use all over though. I now only use it as a spot treatment for zits. However, I recently had a horrible break-out all over my face so I decided to use it as a mask, as many people do. I left it on for five minutes as the instructions say and then washed it off and applied my aloe vera face lotion that I use daily. A few minutes into the mask my face started throbbing! After I washed it off my face was extremely hot and bright, lobster red! Into the trash it goes and here's hoping my face becomes skin colored again someday! Eek!