July 25, 2014 | 1470 users online

Treatments - Christian Dior - Dior Abricot Creme for Nails

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by antoanto23

Not the worst or the best.i used this cream up and i can say you can easily found cheaper one working better.very thick and sticky,not really effective

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I already bought this product twice so I obviously like it. It is a thick, lightly scented cream that I use especially in winter to massage on my nails and fingertips. It has a moisturizing effect, but it is quite greasy, so I use it only at night. Keeps the cuticles smooth and the nails slightly less dry. Good product, although I was expecting more for the price and the hype.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very thick, cushiony concoction of mostly lanolin, mineral oil and water. It is really very thick a tiny dab goes a long way. And mind you, at the price of $25 for a mere 10 ml (0.35 oz.) it better should!
For me this is a manicure in a little retro jar. I apply a small amount on my cuticles, massage it in, and clean and push the softened cuticles with a wooden stick. Voila! my nails are ready for polish (after a good wash and swipe with nail polish remover of course, this stuff is very greasy). When used daily it prevents dry cuticles, hang nails and keeps my hands in top shape. This is the good part.
As for the not so good, Dior charges an exorbitant price for it. It might be a cult product, but it is such a basic formula that costs only a tiny tiny fraction of the selling price. But since I cannot find an alternative (Kiehl's and Bliss Labs used to have very similar products, both discontinued now) I fork over the $$$ every time my jar gets empty. One jar lasts me at most 3 months.
$100 a year might not be too high a price for nicely groomed hand, especially since I never get professional manicures or pedicures. But there is nothing in a jar that warrants $25 and I am sure people at Dior (i.e. LVMH) are having a good time filling up their pockets and laughing at our idiocy.
All things aside, this works great for its intended function and there is no substitute. Hence, I will continue to repurchase (and be grumpy about the price).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by DebbieB43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this soley based on reviews, and while this product does moisturize, I honestly can not say it done anything miraculous for my nails. CeraVe or Aquaphor is just as good in my opinion. The cost is crazy, for the little round compact you get. For that fact , almond oil, olive oil or any moisturizing oil would suffice. Sorry Dior, won't be repurchasing :))

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had a jar of this years and years ago and I think I lost track of it or plain old lost it in a house move. Over the past few years, I've tried several other nail and cuticle oils and ointments, as my nails have become more dry (age and the nature of my job - I teach cooking and so my hands are frequently in water) - my cuticles have been dry since forever, though. I've used Burt's Bees cuticle balm, Aveda Beautifying Composition (ever since it was first used on me during a manicure), Eight Hour Cream and Salon Secrets Cuticle Oil. All are good products. But in the recent Sephora VIB Rouge "sale", I decided to treat myself to Creme Abricot all over again. I'd forgot just how lovely it is. I apply it at night somewhat heavily, rub it in a bit and go to sleep. I wake up with beautiful cuticles and nails. Considering that this product is Dior and a jar will easily last the better part of a year AND it works so well, this really isn't a pricey product at all. I'm not wild about the jar - I wonder if a squeezy tube (like some lip balms - Jack Black, for example - might not work better and at least you wouldn't have to contend with the foil seal that has a ton of product stuck to it that I'm reluctant to waste). But I don't really care - this stuff is so good that I'll overlook any of the annoying "negatives" because there are so many positives.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by formularossa

I know, this nail creme is expensive. BUT if you're someone who gets manicures/pedicures consistently or puts on nail polish at home every week (like me, I have a nail/skin biting problem), I highly recommend this. Right when I turned 25, my once strong and healthy nails started to have a sandpaper texture with dull color. I can't go very long without putting on nail polish, but I didn't want my nail health to deteriorate so I found this abricot nail creme. Even after the first day of application, I noticed a difference: nails just looked "healthier". I'm currently on my third day, and even the nail tips are whiter. I put it on my toenails as well!

Yes, it's sticky and thick, but if you massage it on and watch TV or, in my case, study then it's really not a big deal. It takes a while to absorb though, so don't plan on going out after putting it on. You only need a small amount per application, so even though it's expensive it'll last you a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had heard about this nail treatment, but since I had great nails, I thought the price was a bit much, so I passed. I recently has surgery, and my great, fast growing, strong nails stopped growing, and became thin and brittle and split easily.. I decided to take the chance on this, and I am so glad I did. After about a month of occasional use, I noticed my nails began to grow faster, stopped splitting, and became stronger. I can only attribute it to my use of this cream. Yes, it is sticky, and yes it comes in a pot. I use a wooden toothpick to scoop out the very small amount needed, and use it about 15 minutes before bed, after I've finished my other bedtime routines. It's only sticky for a short time, but you do need to give it time to sink in...there aren't any shortcuts. I can see this pot lasting forever, so I won't complain about the price...it's fair for what it does, and how long it will potentially last. If you have problem nails or very dry cuticles, this is a must have.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Nikki08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really hate going against the popular view on here but I've got to be honest. I kind of regret buying this. Yes it does moisturize your cuticles and feels very luxe lathering a dior nail cream on but eww it feels like rubbing tacky glue all over my nails. I just can't get over the texture. What I've found that works even better is josie maran argan oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Armanix09

Instantly moisturises cuticles and really good in the cold weather. Lasts ages and smells nice too. I would buy this again. I do wish it came in a easier to apply format - like a tube or something rather than having to stick my finger in

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Qsma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had the worst nails. They'd crack and peel and my thumbs seemed all bumpy and deformed. I was embarrassed by them.
I read the reviews and thought I'd try this out, to help with my peeling, thin nails.
What I discovered was that it also fixed the bumpiness that I've had for 20+ years. I wasn't expecting that. It's expensive, small, but a fantastic product. I'll definitely repurchase.

It has transformed my nails into these glowing, healthy looking things I hardly recognize!