The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/14/2015 11:32:00 AM

I really like the coconut scent of this, but other than that I didn't like much. It wears off very fast after putting it on. Also, it gives my lips a whitish appearance. I didn't realize it was doing that for a while so I felt very embarrassed when I figured it out. If they could find a way to fix those problems, I would buy it again because I do love the scent and the cute packaging.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

NOT WORTH THE PRICE. I ABSOLUTELY DETEST THE SMELL, AND IT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. LEAVES A GROSS WHITE CAST, THICK AND GREASY.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

the coconut lip butter was my first lip butter from the body shop it's very moisturizing and smells amazing like real coconuts , it makes my lips so soft and supple, i also put it before lipstick its perfect i loved it and of course i will repurchase another one but i would like to try the other the scents.

on 2/9/2014 7:31:00 AM

Expensive 7$ not a US resident
Makes your lips white (ish)
Horrible chemical taste
Coconut (like) smell
DRIES your lips like no other !!!!!! I had horrible dried out lips IMMEDIATELY after the FIRST application !!

Pros:
Cute packaging
moisturizing
smells delicious
has a slight coconut taste
sinks into your lips
no irritating tingle
no spf

Cons:
leaves white cast if applied too heavily
pricey in my opinion ($6 at Ulta)
the pot could be unhygienic in some situations
Some say it could get hard, but I live in a very hot area so I have yet to experience this.

I would recommend applying it lightly for day use and heavily at night before bed. I might buy it again because I'm coconut obsessed unless I find a coconut lip balm I like more and is cheaper.

on 12/31/2013 11:59:00 AM

A little greasy, slides off my lips, but smells so amazing I will probably treat my nose to it again. Looks nice and shiny over lip colour instead of a gloss.

I picked this up while I was checking out at Ulta (damn those impulse buy shelves with all the twee travel sized things!!) after hearing about it on Tiffany D's channel. She's right - it does leave a white cast. Even if it didn't, it's still not something I'd wear during the day. I'm constantly rubbing and pressing my lips together, and this is too slick to wear through that. I prefer something like the Aquaphor Lip Repair + Protect for that. So I prefer to smear it all over my lips and head to bed. I wake up with baby soft lips. Plus, my husband loves the smell of coconuts, so he naturally loves this too. It's pretty awesome!

on 3/15/2013 10:40:00 AM

This is the BEST lip butter I've ever owned! When I apply this on my lips at night, I wake up with baby soft lips. My bf always says my lips are really soft when he kisses me and all the credit goes to this product. I seriously love it and recommend it to people who have really chapped lips or live somewhere where there are dry winters.

on 2/9/2013 12:36:00 PM

I wish I could give this a higher rating, because I love the scent. However, this product is just no good, it made my lips completely dry out to the point of the corners of my mouth cracking, which now hurts. I got one for me and one for my mum for xmas, she loved it at first, but after a week or so it made her lips very dry as well.

For this product the smell won me over. I buy MANY lipbalms and this is a relatively good one. It smells great. ( I love coconut!!!) It does moisturize and become slightly addicting. Sadly, is a bit pricey for its size (quite small), but its The Body Shop so I shouldn't complain, eventhough there are better and cheaper ones out there. This isn't ment to have any colour or shine, which it doesn't, but I just expected it do be slightly better quality and last slightly longer.

Popular Lip Treatments