January 29, 2015 | 1031 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2015 12:41:00 PM More reviews by JPerezSP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very sensitive skin and was born with small spider veins on my cheeks. I am a makeup lover so Ive tried many foundations and finally I found one I am sticking to! What I mainly love about this foundation is that it's good for a person on the go, meaning some days I don't have time to conceal before my foundation but with this foundation I don't need to! And it lasts all day without getting oily or needing to reapply. It give full coverage without getting the Cakey feeling or look. My skin has also never looked better I barely breakout where as with Mac studio fix foundation would irritate my skin. Everyone compliments my skin when I wear this foundation and I've reccommend It to almost everyone. Although it is a bit pricey it is worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2015 12:18:00 AM More reviews by riannick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll say it's my HG because it saved me!

I used Lancome Teint Idole BEFORE they changed it to 24-hour ridiculousness. They didn't transfer the color palette over from old to new, so my Bisque 6W was no longer there. It was my HG for about eight years. I spent about three years trying to find something remotely comparable in terms of coverage, color match, lastingness, consistency, finish, price, noncomedogenicness, and photography. Something was always off with every product I tried. Then, I ponied up the big bucks (even bigger than Lancome, which I thought was pricey, sheesh) for this foundation. It stopped my endless search. Now, it's not perfect, but it's darn close. Coverage is light to medium and totally flawless (I'm aiming for lighter coverage, as I'm 38 and need to stop wearing heavy foundations), but if you want to, you can load this on, and it doesn't get cakey. My color match is great -- 6.5 -- very believable. It doesn't let you stay oil-free for too long, but with my hormones, absolutely nothing will cure my Texaco face. The finish is luminous (well named), price -- eek! (knocked off a lippie for price), and I don't break out. Win, win, win, win. Photographs beautifully as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2015 9:33:00 AM More reviews by atlantagal123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm 60 and had been using Bare Minerals for years, until a celebrity client of my daughter's gave her a large amount of "freebies" sent to her. So, I tried this foundation that was almost a perfect match. Wow! My skin, which is already in pretty good shape, looked sooo smooth and soft! I went to a department store to get an exact match. It is well worth the money- after all, this is your FACE- it's what everybody sees! Why not have it looking as good as possible! It goes on smoothly, even with your fingers or a make-up brush. Due to it's cost, I'll still use my mineral foundation and just use this wonderful foundation for certain occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2015 2:11:00 PM More reviews by lashsh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

very good thanks..!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2015 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Lizziburns1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the Giorgio Armani luminous silk foundation needing full coverage as my skin consists of quite alot of red patches around my cheeks, the foundation applied really easily and was very soft on my skin however I found that it was not very long wearing atall and I was not very satisfied with the coverage, after about an hour or two I would have to top it up and with my skin being quite olily this was not helpful.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am normally an NC30. I have this in 5 and the Matte version of it in 5 and 5.5. I absolutely love all of them. I just ran out of luminous and will be repurchasing. I love that it gives a natural but full coverage look. Everytime I wear it I always get compliments and people always ask which foundation I am using. The pricing is a little high but worth every cent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Luckily for my wallet I was unimpressed with this foundation. #4 was a decent, but not perfect color match for me (NW20) but the main problem for me was how this foundation brought out the worse in my skin- it looked so heavy on - cakey/masky and accentuated bumpy texture and pores which normally are kept under control with my current hg foundation NARS Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Neyaat

So I have been having a very hard time finding a foundation that matches my skin. People have been raving about this foundation so why not give it a try? I'm not gonna lie, i was a bit unsure if it was worth it bc of the price but I went for it. I serioulsy LOVE it, it's so natural looking but still covers. It matches my skin tone perfectly. I'm darker than NC45 but lighter than NC50 so NC47 in mac? But I got the armani foundation in the shade 9 and i loove it. I'm so happy to finally not having to mix two foundation for the right shade. Definately HG!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

the colour range of this foundation is great. i use 6.25 (which is more of a yellow undertoned olive as opposed to a strong yellow) and i am nc40 in mac.
i have very oily skin. i can only get away with 5 hours of wear before i have to powder blot. once my natural oils mix with the foundation, it creates a nice glow. the foundation does not break apart but i do set it with a foundation powder before i head out (napoleon pedis camera finish in shade G4). i use mac studio finish concealer on those acne scars that are darker.
i use a beauty blender to apply all over my face and can get near full coverage on my acne scars. if you just apply with the beauty blender and you're not layering in affected areas, you can get a medium coverage.
the foundation does crease into my eye wrinkles so i have to make sure to set it, then it stays put. the foundation looks like it melts into my skin upon application and i love the finish. it is a semi-matte finish. i could imagine it would be great on people with normal skin.
the foundation doesn't cling to my dry spots.
the foundation is easy to remove as well. i do not feel as if it is tough to remove, like estee lauder double wear (which i also use and love for many reasons). i use a cleansing oil to remove it then cetaphil gentle cleanser and my face is clean.
all powders melt beautifully into this foundation. i love the way it makes my skin look healthy and glowy though it fails at oil control. having said that, i would buy again if i ever run out.

30mL frosted glass bottle, with a pump and a lid. $99AUD in david jones. i bought mine in sephora in hawaii, it was between $65-70USD.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation gives good coverage while still managing to give a nice natural look and paired with Mac Strobe Cream as a primer gives a really lovely glowy look. I find this product works well applied with my fingers better than it does with a foundation brush. It may seem a little pricy for some but you definitley get what you pay for.