December 19, 2014 | 1092 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

the colour range of this foundation is great. i use 6.25 (which is more of a yellow undertoned olive as opposed to a strong yellow) and i am nc40 in mac.
i have very oily skin. i can only get away with 5 hours of wear before i have to powder blot. once my natural oils mix with the foundation, it creates a nice glow. the foundation does not break apart but i do set it with a foundation powder before i head out (napoleon pedis camera finish in shade G4). i use mac studio finish concealer on those acne scars that are darker.
i use a beauty blender to apply all over my face and can get near full coverage on my acne scars. if you just apply with the beauty blender and you're not layering in affected areas, you can get a medium coverage.
the foundation does crease into my eye wrinkles so i have to make sure to set it, then it stays put. the foundation looks like it melts into my skin upon application and i love the finish. it is a semi-matte finish. i could imagine it would be great on people with normal skin.
the foundation doesn't cling to my dry spots.
the foundation is easy to remove as well. i do not feel as if it is tough to remove, like estee lauder double wear (which i also use and love for many reasons). i use a cleansing oil to remove it then cetaphil gentle cleanser and my face is clean.
all powders melt beautifully into this foundation. i love the way it makes my skin look healthy and glowy though it fails at oil control. having said that, i would buy again if i ever run out.

30mL frosted glass bottle, with a pump and a lid. $99AUD in david jones. i bought mine in sephora in hawaii, it was between $65-70USD.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation gives good coverage while still managing to give a nice natural look and paired with Mac Strobe Cream as a primer gives a really lovely glowy look. I find this product works well applied with my fingers better than it does with a foundation brush. It may seem a little pricy for some but you definitley get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Flixi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Great for covering up uneven skin to light acne. It looks at it's best when you use it for medium coverage but can be build up, especially if you only have certain areas you really need to cover up (e.g. I get spots on my cheeks, but the rest of my face is pretty clean so it is perfect to deal with that)

It is pretty pricey, and after I used it for the first time I was a bit disappointed as I thought i could have achieved same results with much cheaper products, but the real strength of this product, as i discovered is when taking pictures, it photographs absolutely beautifully, always makes my skin look spotless and luminous so it has become my "special event" foundation.

I have got very acne prone skin and it is very kind to my face, however i would fully expect that from a product of this price range

I bought this product late august this year, used it every other week or so and still haven't run out so I am pretty satisfied with my value for money and once i run out i will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a big believer in spending the extra money on base products (concealer, foundation, powder) and yes, Giorgio Armani is big bucks. ($60 CAD)
The major complaint is the colouring system and finding an appropriate match. I agree that GA's colouring system needs improving as it's rather scattered and not straightforward or logical. I took one lipstick off because of this.
I'm NC30/C3 (Asian) and 5.75 is the right match for me. YMMV on the colour selection though.

The formula is very silky and it does meld into my skin to give me that 'my skin but better' look. I hate heavy bases or looking like I'm wearing foundation and I love the natural, polished look it gives me. If I want more coverage, I can layer it but if you're needing full coverage, the Luminous Silk won't fit that bill.

I think this foundation is best suited for normal to slightly combo skin types that aren't too dry or too oily. For normal to slightly oily skin types, this foundation maybe a bit emollient and requiring extra touch ups.
I prefer to use this foundation during the winter when my skin is on the normal to slightly dry side. It lasts for most of the day on me with just a touch up required at mid day and I always get compliments when I wear this foundation.

I like the pump bottle too. There is alcohol in the list of ingredients but I don't notice any scent and my skin is okay with this formula.

I recommend this foundation if you like a natural finish, don't mind the hefty price tag and can find a colour match.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Lizc0002

I received this at Sephora after having the color matching done. Took home a very plentiful sample and it is fabulous. I am 45 and have combination skin as well as aging concerns. This is fabulous, color match is spot on (if you are having issues, get the color match done at Sephora) it lasts all day and does not make my t-zone shiny and at the same time does not accentuate any fine lines. Will purchase full size once i run out of test product I was given to take home and use. (I rated the packaging as 3 since I could not leave a review without it, but I honestly do not know)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Lashaye16

I decided I needed a high end foundation for nights out on the town or date night. I also wanted something that provided a little bit more coverage than my urban decay naked foundation. I haven't heard or seen one bad review on this foundation to I decided to bite the bullet and go buy it. I usually wear my makeup from 5am til about 430pm. And I absolutely hate touching up makeup at work. I wore this today for the first time I washed my face, applied my moisturizer allowed that to set into my skin. Then I applied my makeup forever primer allowed that to settle into my skin as well. Then I applied this foundation with a brush I purchased from Marshalls. Horrible move on my mind you get what you pay for that brush left me so streaky. And I only used it because my other brushes weren't dry from being washed. Sorry that's besides the point. But so far I am still loving this foundation feels very light weight. I like foundations that feel light, and don't contain SPF. I wear 9.0 in the urban decay foundation and I was matched NC50 for mac but that's too dark for me. In the face & body foundation I am C7 which is a perfect shade just not enough coverage. I am also in the shade #9 in this foundation as well. It matches perfectly. Since it is so pricey I won't be using it everyday. I am hoping I am able to blend this using my ELF powder brush or my beauty blender.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros
- Color match is ok/average. Not the best, not the worst. I am #3.75, although I imagine I could also try the lighter shade. I am not very satisfied with the color match though.
- Isn't drying/doesn't feel bad on the skin (comparing this directly to the foundation I was using previously the MakeUpForever Matte, which is very drying/matte)
- Finish is alright - not dewy to the point that if you have oily skin you can't use it, but also not as drying as matte foundations can sometimes be

Cons
- Coverage is not the greatest
- Not very long lasting

Overall an average foundation in my experience. Not the best, not the worst. I am on the fence about it. But I am just not crazy about this foundation. I would recommend you try it for yourself. I personally would not buy this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by DL78

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Words cannot describe how much I love this foundation! Have tried all the usual suspects - Laura Mercier silk creme, nars sheer glow, Illamasqua skin base, Dior Airflash etc and non even compare to this! I have oily skin and find that I am shining like a disco ball after a few hours of wearing other foundations. Not so with this! It is a medium coverage foundation with a lovely dewy finish. Really really love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by TKhamvongsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Received a sample of this. Was interested in purchasing but the foundation just didn't work with my skin. I have dry sensitive acne prone skin (normal to oily t-zone)

As soon as I applied this, the foundation accentuated flakes and made the texture of my skin look worse... It also accentuated my face hairs.. Not sure how that worked but it did. Just didn't look good at all. I moisturized twice and primed my face prior to foundation application so the foundation had more than enough moisture to work with. The shade match was good; 5.75. BUT the foundation does have alcohol listed in the ingredients which could be drying.

I'm glad I didn't purchase the full size product. I do see this working for normal to oily skin.

For reference: NC25-30, MUFE F&B 32, Dior Star 021 Linen, YSL TE BD50, Chanel Vitalumiere 010

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by sadafmb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just love this foundation. It looks very natural and yet gives me the coverage I need. After a long difficult search for the perfect foundation, I have finally found the right one.