November 29, 2014 | 1676 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by angie897

I have been wearing this foundation for almost a year now. Here is what I have noticed about it:
-Color selection is very confusing, it took me a few visits to find the right shade. I have a light to medium skin tone and I have settled on 5.25 which has reddish undertones. I tried 5.5 and it looked fantastic upon application but oxidized to a very dark brown which looked awful. I also tried 5.75 which is too golden.
-Is not made for people with oily skin- only dry/normal otherwise it is too glossy because it is very moisturizing
-Medium/full coverage, lasts all day
-Will NOT cause breakouts (one of the few liquid foundations with no pore clogging ingredients)
-After a few hours it can oxidize leaving your skin with a slight yellow/red/brown undertone depending on the shade you buy
-Looks gorgeous in photographs

I have tried a zillion different foundations because I have sensitive skin and am prone to breakouts and I love this one. It would be perfect if there was no oxidation, but I have settled for now as the pros outweigh the cons.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by melkate

This is my favourite foundation so far. Glides on, medium coverage, as the name suggests makes my skin look silly soft. However product is very expensive so I try not to use it daily. It is also one of very few foundations that don't cause breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by Therealmina

Absolutely love this foundation however I couldn't find my shade properly.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Colourpop

I so wanted to love this foundation but sadly it does not seem to work for me. I have combination skin which veers towards oily and I know which products work for me e.g Double Wear Light amongst others. I had read that this is fine for oilier skins but I don't believe that is true. I think a foundation at this price should work well enough without a primer if it really is ok for oily skins but it leaves me incredibly shiny after just a few hours. Also when you look closely it sits oddly on the skin, it can highlight pores and even any facial hair which none of my other foundations do! I can imagine that this leaves a lovely dewy finish on drier skins but please try this out before you buy, there are many other foundations out there which are just as good if not better.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by beautylover105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OVERPRICED.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by natao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice medium coverage, not as natural and beautiful as finish i get with Vitalumiere aqua. Staying power: after 5 hours it begins to melt, after 8 hours in the office - almost all is melted. Primer, powder, finishing spray - nothing helps. I have normal skin. Conclusion: Due to the bad staying power not worth the price I paid. For 63 EUR (cca 75 usd) i paid for it I expect to get more.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by PorscheGirl1

After much hype I purchased a few of this on the same day, why? Because I was experimenting with different tanning lotions and so I needed a few colors to mix so I could match my color correctly. If you are oily do not buy and do not buy their primer it will make you look even more like a butterface. I will not be buying again, if you like this then try Nars the dewy foundation. You will love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by futuredermeditor

It’s my favorite for special occasions — I recommended it to a friend recently for her wedding, and I personally wear it for every big, well-photographed event myself!

It's very layerable. It provides aluminum starch octenylsuccinate to help balance oil on the skin, while cyclopentasiloxane (a lightweight silicone) provides mild hydration. Alcohol thins the solution without drying your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by maddiexx

I love this product so far!! I was looking for a replacement for my NARS tinted moisturizer since I had been using it for quite a long time. The GA concealer is amazing so I figured I would give the foundation a shot and I am glad I did. I was matched to #4 and it blends in perfectly. I use my BB to apply the foundation and it gives a perfect, light but full coverage. It doesn't feel like I am wearing anything on my face but it gives a nice, natural coverage. I have used Dior (very drying) and YSL (too streaky) foundations in the past and Luminous Silk is much better IMO. Normally I always set my foundation with some loose powder but I actually can go without it now if I choose. The only reason I may not repurchase is because it was so damn expensive where I bought it in Canada (~$75!!).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by zcselman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely obsessed with this foundation - definitely my HG! When used with a sponge you get the most flawless airbrushed look; it gives a sort of glowy look without being super shiny. Colour is buildable and has good staying power when used with a primer. I used to be a Studio Fix addict, but I don't need powder to set my foundation now that I use Luminous silk!