January 28, 2015 | 1961 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Sunny1981

I would totally buy this product again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2015 3:55:00 PM More reviews by kriselder05

I never thought I would see the day when I found something that works just as well or even better than my MAC Pro Longwear. A little goes a long way, it covers my horrible under eye circles, it does not crease (at all!!!), and it stays all day long until I use make up remover to get it off. I really do not have one single complaint about this product. I wish I could find a dupe so I wouldn't have to pay so much but honestly its worth it to know you are going to look great all day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

This was a fairly recent purchase of my mine and I am enjoying it more the more I pick it up and use it. I've never really delved into Estee Lauder products before, but I'm feeling like I may have to more in the future.
I don't think there will ever come a time when MAC pro longwear will be replaced as my all time favourite concealer, but double wear comes a pretty close second, and that is saying something.
Its definitely a brightening concealer, it really works well on the under eye area and hid my bags without making it look as though it had been caked on. I think the one thing it has over pro longwear is that its slightly less thick, so I think it feels and looks a lot lighter. When set with a powder I find it doesn't crease at all and will generally last all day. I have this is the shade 01 light, and in the double wear foundation I am in the shade 1w1 Bone, and I feel the concealer is the tiniest touch lighter which enables the brightening effect.
I think if you are a germ freak then it might bother you ever so slightly that this has a doe foot applicator. I myself am not the biggest fan, as I prefer to do my concealer with a detailer brush. However, as this is a brightening concealer you probably wouldn't want to apply it to any active spots, meaning the risk of bacteria spreading is slightly reduced.
Overall, I love it, worth the price and definitely not a bad choice if you're in the market for a concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by annalynne

I purchased this in the shade Light/Medium (my concealer shade is NW20). I found that this concealer was not moisturizing at all and creased very badly on me even with a primer and setting with a loose powder. I'm not sure if the formula has changed, but I purchased this around May.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Mozart68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this concealer as an eyelid primer. It brightens my eye area, and it has an SPF 10. (Products can no longer advertise an SPF of less than 15, but this product still has the same ingredients.) It also prevents oily eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by DezineOptional

By far the best concealer I've ever used. Stays in place all day. Doesn't create dry patches, doesn't settle into fine lines. Blendable, beautiful. One tube lasts forever because the doefoot applicator is precise. It's hard to overuse this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2014 6:25:00 AM More reviews by ksy

my HG concealer! so deeply in love with it! i have dark circles so dark that everyone would think i never sleep for a year should i go without covering them.
i blot a little bit under my eyes and use my finger to dab it evenly and voila! no dark circles anymore!
i use a primer underneath and it lasts all day. but i remember skipping the primer before and still the concealer doesn't oxidise and the colour stays the same whole day.
it doesn't run much if i don't set it with powder.
but all in all, the thing i love most about it is that it doesn't cause raccoon eyes and look perfect under flash photography. it blends just so perfectly and easily with the rest of my skin, giving me a very fresh look. <3
i am 24 so i do not have fine lines thus i am not sure if it sinks or not.
btw, be more gentle when removing the cap+brush from the bottle. the brush may just snap and stay inside.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by geekymakeup

Color 02 Light Medium. A little goes a LONG WAY. I am very oily, but I do have wrinkles under my eyers. Practice to get the hang of this product. Dab very lightly or it will make the wrinkles worse. Once I got the hang of this, love this product. it stays on all day and does a great job of hiding the dark circles under my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by stace06

My skin: dry combination sensitive skin prone to hormonal breakouts (yes...high maintenance and a royal pain in the butt). Colour is NC12-20. I am using the colour "Light".

This concealer does not cake, has great lasting power and is a good fit colour wise. My biggest compliment is that it covers red very well (especially when a blackhead extraction has gone terribly wrong). On weekends when I am trying to give my makeup abused skin a break, I just dab a small amount on the more visible imperfections and it blends in beautifully. Then it lasts the entire day.

It comes with a wand so not as hygienic as a tube but it's very convenient for just lightly dabbing onto the area you wish to conceal. In Australia this product is AU$33 but it has a 2 year shelf life and worth every cent.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by SophiaT21r

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Once again it failed my expectations!!makes your wrinkles looks worst!!!!