Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

4.2

New formula: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica]

on 7/17/2015 12:58:00 PM

Just another liquid concealer that has a thin consistency. It provides a light coverage and matte finish that lasts 2-3 hours before reapplication.

Similar to EL foundations, the pigments are flat and chalky, which is good for blurring small faded blemishes but not meant for coverage or the undereye area or redness spots.

I would recommend this for those with dryer skin and are searching for a light cover up.

on 7/14/2015 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I can see why so many people love this concealer.

PROS:

It provides full coverage and is especially good at hiding zits and redness around the nose.

Doesn't itch or irritate.

Doesn't budge once it dries. Good for oily skin - won't slip or slide.

CONS:

I grabbed a magnifying mirror. Close-up this looks flaky around my nose and accentuates tiny expression lines so it is not the best undereye concealer.

on 7/12/2015 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A beautiful concealer. Very good coverage, great color match and gives my skin a really gorgeous flawless, natural look.

on 7/7/2015 7:13:00 AM

This isnít a bad concealer, it doesnít look cakey or too heavy, and covers quite well (although not as well as I would have liked). The color Light is quite a good match for my NC15 skin, although when it dries it does have a slight pink tone to it.

The only issue I have with this concealer is that the performance of it is drastically altered by what you wear underneath it. I wear sunscreen every day without fail, and applying this over sunscreen makes it disappear from my face after about 6 hours. This is when I am in an office all day, in air conditioning, so itís not like I am sweating it off. When worn on bare skin, this has great longevity. But since I wonít be wearing this on bare skin this concealer wonít be a repurchase for me (unless I change my sunscreen in the future and find one that doesnít affect it). Quite disappointed but I will continue to use up.

on 6/19/2015 11:14:00 AM

This is a great concealer. It's versatile - one of the only concealers I've tried that is suitable for under the eyes AND to cover blemishes. You need to blend this out quickly because it sets fast and once set will not blend.

on 6/10/2015 1:49:00 PM

This concealer is great gives medium coverage for my thin skin. It covers redness, light acne scars, light discoloration and red pimples etc... perfectly without causing any irritation, clog pores or breakouts. It is too dry as a under eye concealer. The consistency is same to the foundation not oily or too dry. I use the color in 07 warm light which is a hit less yellow blend well with the foundation in 1w1bone. For mac inbetween nc15-20 more nc18 if mac had that shade. I apply this under the foundation because since the foundation dry too quick applying the concealer on to top doesn't blend well smudges and lift the foundation off. I first apply the concealer to the spot let is sit for 30 seconds before I blend it in because it becomes less wet adheres better. It some what blurs my thin skin. I either blend it in with my finger or sephora multitasking concealer brush. The brush looks like a eyeshadow blending brush give the concealer airbrush look pushes the concealer in especially for textured discolored scaring. The flat concealer brushes are better for raised spots.

on 6/9/2015 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I first got this concealer in a GWP (with a mascara on the other end), and I liked it so much I actually bought a full-size tube.

I use this mostly for covering redness around my nose and on zits. (I've never used it under the eye, so have no idea how it works there.) The coverage is good-- a little really does go a long way. I tried out the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer a few times, and for what I conceal, this one seemed to work a lot better and was longer lasting.

The tube is small so easy to carry along with me, and I've found the color matches well to my skin. It seems to last a really long time-- I probably don't use it everyday, but the tube, many months later, seems as full as it was in the beginning. It's not the cheapest concealer out there, but it's not a bad deal.

on 6/5/2015 9:48:00 PM

I hate to disagree with all of these wonderful reviews, but this concealer is so disappointing. I am a concealer junkie and thought that I'd try this after giving up on my previous MAC one. This concealer is a nice consistency and goes on easily, but disappears so quickly and accentuates the fine lines under my eyes. I've tried putting it on in various different ways, but still no joy. Yes, it is buildable, but build it up too much and you run the risk of looking like you've escaped from the local leper colony. No miracles here and definitely not a holy grail.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This concealer is awesome - and I've tried about 10,000 of them. Covers both dark circles and blemishes, blends well, and it does not crease under my eyes which is an issues I've had with a lot of other concealers.
I use the light-medium shade and it matches perfectly with my HG foundation - Estee Lauder double wear in ecru - 1N2.
I forgot to wear it this morning and I was looking in the mirror in my car, wondering why I looked to tired. It makes such a huge difference!

on 5/24/2015 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this concealer!!! It's definitely holy grail. I probably like it better than the nars creamy radiant concealer. In conjunction with Estée Lauder double wear foundation, it's FLAWLESS! Lasts all day and doesn't budge and will cover up everything from breakouts to under eye circles. You guys I HIGHLY recommend this concealer! I will definitely repurchase over and over!