NARS Eye Make-up remover

2.8

on 8/9/2013 12:14:00 AM

It's not that this is a bad make up remover, it's just the fact that I would never pay $26 for one when my Pond's cold cream removes full face make up & costs $7. I've used this multiple times in Sephora, & it works fairly well. But, I am not a fan of getting ripped off.

on 1/14/2013 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't mind this make up remover at all. In my opinion, they're all the same, and I use facial cleanser after, anyway. I don't think it is worth the price. I bought it because I had a gift card, and I love NARS. But I would not buy it again.

on 12/15/2012 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Why are all these reviews so cruel with this product ! I wear contact lenses and have sensitive eyes, but i never had problems with some irritated eyes or so. I received it in a coffret with a mascara and a eyeliner, and it removes both without problems. The bottle is half empty (or half full, depends ;) ) and the level of oil is still equilibrated. I wear Nars Larger than Life and it removes it completely.
I have to admit that I am not used to huge smokey eyes with tons of creamy eyeshadow, and for my use i think this product is great. But it is true that I tried once to remove my mascara juste after having put it on me, and it was hard to do it in one go.

NARS has discontinued this product on their website, so if you see this around, make sure NOT to buy it. I've used a whole bottle, and while it did take off the toughest of eye makeup, it left my eyes completely swollen, red and oily, much like Lancome's Bifical. I lived with it for awhile, thinking it was Fall allergies, until I ran out of the product and my eyes felt MUCH better.

I'd rather use soap and water.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Oh NARS, why have you forsaken me? This remover is...le suck. Plain old water is free and works better. I gave you at least one lippie because it is gentle, not filmy and does not smell bad. Boo!

on 3/22/2012 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Don't waste your money, for the amount you pay you get nothing. Let the mascara aside, it doesn't even remove the eyeshadow.

on 1/13/2012 2:56:00 PM

I'm going to go against the grain here.. I love this eye makeup remover. I've heard some terrible reviews on this so I was hesitant to try it at first.

Lancome bi-facil is very irritating on my eyes making them water and itch and very uncomfortable. There is a film thats left over even after multiple washings with my Shiseido pureness cleansing foam.

Although it is bi-phase like the lancome, I found this one to be gentle and very pleasant on my eyelids...! This and Shu Uemura's cleansing oil are my HGs.

on 8/12/2011 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Three reason why you shouldn't purchase this makeup remover.

Reason 1: The oil residue is ridiculous. I'm not talking about the slight residue that you get from Lancome's Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Make-up Remover. No, this is a thick and slimy residue. Boo!

Reason 2: It doesn't do a thing for mascara. I use NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara and it could take it off all the way. How are you not able to take off your brand of mascara is beyond me.

Reason 3: It can irritate your eyes, and wearing contacts won't help.

I'm glad I got this as a sample.

on 4/11/2011 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I do like this eye make-up remover. It smells really nice, has a gentle formula and takes off the make up with a lot of ease. I got this as a gift and would definitely not spend $40 on this product.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This stuff is awful- very oily and easily irritated my eyes. It's difficult to remove the oily residue that never quite removes all of my mascara and eyeliner.