August 31, 2014 | 967 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Eyebrightener, Natural Eyelight(powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Hayley13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A few weeks ago my younger sister and I were reminiscing about some of the first makeup our mom bought/allowed us to use when we were both around middle school age. Nostalgia got the best of me and I ordered the natural eyelight from ebay, when it arrived I immediatly remembered why we both loved this so much. Now as a 32 yo woman I like to use this as an inner corner and eyebrow highlight & for old times sake I just use my finger to do a sheer wash across my eyelids. I've seen a couple reviews from people in my age range saying this is to shimmery or crepey. I could see that being an issue if you have dry eyelids or maybe don't use a moisturizing eye cream regularly. Luckily bc I'm religious about my skin care I don't have crepey eyelids or fine lines or wrinkles. Knock on wood! So this is not a problem. I digress. When used with a light hand this is a beautiful sheer iridescent natural color that does what it claims, it brightens and makes my partially hooded eyes look bright and awake! When wearing a more done eye look I don't think I have ever used a better highlighter color. My only exception is Lorac's nude which is more opaque and glittery. For a flattering daytime/work look I love to simply sweep a layer on my eyelids with black eyeliner and mascara. That way I can emphasize my eyes and wear a great bright or statement lip w/o being overdone. I could not be happier that I went on a search for this eyeshadow. If not for an all over lid color I think most would benefit from this in their makeup arsenal for the inner eye. It should last a lifetime! Looking back, moms really do know best! I love a good throwback even in makeup:)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by cindylw

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I kept this e/s around for a year because I had a real love-hate relationship with it. Loved it in the package, liked a tiny bit on my brow bone, hated it when I used a normal amount. I would have used it all the time in my 30's but sadly, no longer able to shimmer and shine in the eye area. Finally, I tossed it out as not good for me to have in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the 1st eye brighteners that I actually used up completely. I never hit pan usually and I had not repurchased until recently CVS had a 40% off sale. So I saw my colour which is Natural EyeLight or the white one. I want to get the beige as well but onto this one. I can use this on my lid very lightly and with eyeliner and mascara it looks awesome.

It truly makes you look alive. I'm very fair NW20 in Studio Fix and N1 in the F&B foundation. Being this pale the white doesn't show up so drastic on me so it doesn't look like I'm wearing white eyeshadow. Instead I apply this lightly to the whole lid use eyeshadow and a little eyeliner with mascara and bam my eyes look awake. When I'm super lazy I just do eyeliner with mascara and a bright lip. It makes my eyes look good it seems because people kept telling me how pretty my eyes looked and the only thing I changed was using this.

If you are on the pale side you should definitely check this out. It can be used just by the tear duct too which makes my eyes standout as well. I totally forgot about this product so finding it again is nostalgic plus it works well for me. Packaging is well more to be desired and the brush is meh. It's ok for emergency use and it works just not as well as other brushes I own. Packaging doesn't matter to me because it's how the product works. That is how I judge a product and this works great for me so I really enjoy using this again.

Check it out if you haven't tried it especially very fair types or those using it for highlighting you will love this. Totally Recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by hanali20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i had so much high hopes for this product. i searched the reviews like crazy because i wanted to try it. but when i bought it, i was like "this is it?!! this is what i wanted to try so bad?" it was nothing spectacular. if i had not lost the receipt i would've exchanged it for something else. it was too shimmery to function of my eyelids.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by rainnkenyon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this. I have it in Hint Of Bronze, and it really woks to brighten my eye are. I don't think of it as eye shadow as much as a brightener- it does say brightener in the name. It is great for days when I didn't get much sleep, or when I don't want to deal with an eye shadow look. I don't hate the package as much as most people seem to. It has a mirror and brush, and the brush is ok in a pinch, but I never expect to use a brush that comes with a compact, so I can't say I've used it enough to say much more. I am just waiting for the next PF sale at CVS or Rite Aid to get more colors. Would buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This product did not work for me, either as an under eye brighter or a lid brightener. It is a very unsmooth powder, and deposits glitter chunks unevenly with a white frosty powder. Very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by BaronessaGinevra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As always, the PF packaging and brush sucks. The product is 1 1/4" (32mm) in diameter enclosed in a 2 3/8" (62mm) gray plastic square. Includes a fairly useless triangular mirror and a tiny, crappy brush with crappy bristles and metal ferrule that can cause a fair amount of discomfort.

The product itself - fairly nice. My eyelids sometimes look purple and I get dark undereye circles on a fairly regular basis. I apply this with a light hand using a non-crappy brush, foam makeup sponge, or my fingers. It evens things out on my eyelids and goes over undereye concealer for extra coverage. I stress again: this product needs to be applied carefully. I like what it does for under my eyes but if too much goes on I look like an aging TV news anchorman (they always seem to have white under their eyes). I answered 'yes' but I'm not sure I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

gorgeous!!!! I love this, but if your looking for subtle, this may not be for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by machiivalentine

I bought this on a whim at CVS one day, and haven't looked back since. I use it primarily as a highlighter on my browbone and inner courners of my eyes using my pinky finger. I find that using it for anything else is really too much. Nothing really else to say about it. It's pretty ordinary, but very useful to have in a makeup kit. I'd truly be lost without it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by iuhooch625

This is a primarily white shadow with flecks of pink and other shades in it. I like to use this eye shadow as a simple wash over my lids on days that I don't want to look too made up. I feel like it does what it says it's supposed to do, which is to brighten my eyes, and I feel like I look more awake and refreshed. I would prefer for it to be a tad less frosty and the formula is a bit dusty, which are my only complaints.