April 18, 2014 | 1810 users online

Fragrances - Victoria's Secret - Vanilla Lace EDT

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by jennc91

THIS IS FOR THE BODY MIST

I have a love hate relationship with this scent. My boyfriend loves it only because he is a huge fan of vanilla & sweet scents. There's days that i love it and other days that I get nauseated by this. This scent kind of reminds me of vanilla food flavoring but not as strong. I do agree this is meant for the cooler months, just as it was stated in prior reviews. Most people love this scent though and when i am wearing it, I get compliments. :)

I wonder why the EDT was removed from the collection. Now just the body mist, lotions and shower gel is left 0_o

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Rebeccaxx24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of those scents you are either going to love or hate. I find it VERY sweet, its nice for winter but sometimes when i smell it it knocks me sick. other times i smell it i like it. however i wouldnt buy it again as i just cant make my mind up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Dessyboo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is by farrrrr my favorite scent! Smells like pure vanilla extract, very sweet. I get soo many compliments when I wear this. If you aren't a fan of very strong, sweet scents, I would not use this. But for me, it's definitely wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by mgosewich

I LOVE IT. Smells amazing and I get soooo many compliments on it...although it's true I would not wear it as a summer scent...i'd transitition to PINK's Pretty and Pure or something lighter. Ver nice!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

VANILLA FLAVORING. That is the first thought that came to my mind when I first smelled this. It smells exactly like the flavoring that is used in baking cakes. The smell is fine for baking but not for wearing. It's really strong. If you do wear it, you have to spray very little. This should definitely only be worn in the cooler/colder months, basically autumn and winter not in the summertime because it can give off that sticky-sweet, hot overpowering aroma.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by LaStupenda

I wanted to like this. It smells AMAZING in the bottle, but holy God, once you spray it, it smells like something that's burning. No joke. There's a distinct smell of smoke mixed with dirt, mixed with vanilla. That is the ONLY way I can describe this. Thank God it only cost me $2.37 at the Semi-Annual Sale. It's still going back though. Gross.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by ashleyannyellow

smells too synthetic for me i still wear it but i tend to layer it with a better smelling warm scent i get compliments on it all the time and i admit it usually doesn't smell too bad once on the skin but i do plug my nose a bit while spraying i am determined to use the rest of this bottle though and its growing on me slightly

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by iMandiixD

Very interesting smell....
i think of grape fruits sometimes.
like someone said smells synthetic. :/
I actually liked the body butter smell more than this :/ the body mist is nice despite its weak staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by grldollies

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

VS Vanilla Lace is a sweetie, not a bad EDT, the sent is good if you want a lighter sweet vanilla scent. It is a lot like department store vanilla body splashes but with a bit more staying power. It is not long lasting enough for me or the right scent that I want people to remember me by.
I like Avon's Ice Sheers Refreshing (green bottle) - a fusion of pear sorbet with hints of icy melon and whipped vanilla. It is very nice but only last half a day it fades away too but not as quick as VS Vanilla Lace.
My all time Fav is Coty's Dark Vanilla, it has a richer smell and is long lasting. Unfortunately it has been discontinued.
Another nice Vanilla scent is Parfume de Vanille, Vanilla Lavender Cologne Spray. It has a sweet scent to it too but with more body and it is longer lasting then Vanilla Lace.
I did not dislike Vanilla Lace totally but it does not move me or give off the scent that say's to the world - this is me, so I won't be buying it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Chele05

This is a decent vanilla, considering the price. It does smell a bit synthetic, but not so much that it is unbearably synthetic. It is sweet, but has a light floral undertone that keeps it from smelling too foody. It's a good, casual vanilla that can be used in order the preserve those more precious vanillas in one's collection. I'm not sure that I'd repurchase it, but I'll certainly use up my bottle. My true rating is 3.5