Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

2.8

Water, Peg-32, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Peg-6, Trisodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

on 3/11/2015 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product generally inspires a great dislike or intense devotion bipolarity apparently. Meaning, either u hate it or it's ur HG lol. I'm of the latter. I keep getting these in PWPs so I've got a bottle spare & this bottle is half gone (I've got 2 bottles total; elementary math...), but I mainly use this for correcting mistakes w a qtip. I use the EL makeup remover towelettes for the hard work at night b4 retiring. This doesn't sting or burn. It removes the eye makeup quite well, it's very effective minimum of any negative attributes except price if I had to buy it. As long as I can get nice PWPs I will definitely continue to patronize this product. I would consider replacing this elegantly packaged product. It's superior to DS products I've tried & just not enamored w most DS skincare (exception: Noxzema, Seabreeze; & Clean & Clear but none of those products are suitable for using to remove eye makeup). Posh luxurious experience using this, really makes me feel old skool decadence of our matriachs' era of days-gone-by when EL came out w their youth dew bath oil an affordable option progressive women could afford themselves the luxury (i have this bath oil, perfume & deo); principally EL hasn't had much of an image makeover but that's just fine with me. Lanc├┤me & EA et al. are suffering from the same lack of progressiveness appeal to younger customers, but the old ladies like me are the bigger spenders rather than investing in marketing & advertising geared toward Tweens keep it geared towards their mothers & grandmothers keep their interest piqued. :)

on 2/4/2015 7:40:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I like it very much. It's gentle and effective. Best I've tried.

on 9/10/2014 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wear waterproof mascara and waterproof eyeliner and this product basically didn't do anything at removing my makeup. It was just as effective as using water. If you're committed to the Estee Lauder brand and wear waterproof makeup, I would highly recommend their Take It Away makeup remover instead. This is a liquid, and that's a cream; but there's no comparing the two. If you are committed to liquid, there are drugstore products that do a much better job than this one, e.g. Sonia Kushuk's Remove.

on 7/11/2014 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I'm surprised to see so many bad reviews. I have sensitive eyes and sometimes skin to the point where I can't even use makeup remover wipes because they sting my skin. This on the other hand is wonderful for taking off the blackest of mascaras and eyeliners. I could bathe my eyes in this stuff and it's so gentle that if feels like I'm using water! The only issue is the price, the cheapest I can find it for is approx ú15 which is just far too dear for a remover.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Ok product.
It removes my eye make up fairly well when I wear some, but if it's heavy make up it takes a couple of cotton wool pads but I've come across worse. It does not sting my eyes like some other reviewers. I have dry eyes (according to optician) that feel tired and sore and sensitive to light but not sensitive to eye make up or this product.
Packaging. It looks posh but it's impractical. I once spilt some as it's just a twist cap and an open bottle. It's not a very big bottle.
I just think I could get better for the price or cheaper. Generally I dont like to spend a lot of money though.

on 2/16/2014 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have a mixed feeling with his product. On the one hand, I think is is an effective eye make up remover. Just put it on a cotton ball and only a few swipes, all the eye make up is gone. On the other hand, I often feel a brief stinginess forming over the area during the swipes. Then it was gone. So, I am really not sure if this product is good for me.

on 12/29/2013 4:12:00 PM

Here's the secret to removing your eye makeup successfully shake the bottle place some product on a cotton pad and place on eye. Now this is the strange part and one of the reasons why this might not work for you. Gently and I mean very gently move the cotton pad in a circular movement. The remover should start to foam up like soap and doing it this way will remove all that waterproof makeup. I swear if you don't move the cotton pad in that circular motion and see foam the remover will not work. Any I got this for free after I "borrowed" it from my mom :D

on 12/27/2013 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't know why this has such bad reviews. I don't wear waterproof mascara (it dries out your lashes), but I do wear waterproof eyeliner, and this removes it like a dream.

I splash a bit on a cotton pad and hold it over my eyelid for about 30 seconds, then slide it off, and everything is completely removed. It's never stug my eyes, dried out my eyes, or left an oily residue.

The only con I can think of is the price. 20 dollars is a bit much for an eye makeup remover, but it lasts well over a year for me.

on 11/18/2013 7:42:00 AM

This attracts ants, subtly and just enough to keep you puzzling what on earth was attracting ants to your room. Do not keep it in the bedroom!

It does remove makeup well enough though.

on 9/22/2013 9:25:00 PM

This product is ineffective at removing eye makeup. You can buy a drugstore brand and it would do a better job.