September 16, 2014 | 1963 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by allyxo141

You might as well be trying to remove you're makeup with just water. It really takes a long time and some serious scrubbing to get off you're eye makeup. I wear gel eyeliner and just regular mascara, not even water proof (which it claims to remove) and I have a hard time getting off my makeup. It obviously does get it off eventually just not as quickly as other removers that I've tried.

Bottom line: It was super cheap, only about $5, but for a couple dollars more I'd rather get one that actually works well. I think its safe to say I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by shindiggity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and even oilier eyelids. Therefore, I make my eye makeup as budge proof as possible. If you're like me, then do not waste your money on this thing. I might as well have just splash water on my face, because it basically did just as much as for removing my waterproof mascara and waterproof eyeliner. I very rarely return products, despite occasional dissatisfactions, but I had to make an exception for this product. It was just that useless. If you're looking for a waterproof eye-makeup remover at the drugstore/Target, I would recommend Sonia Kashuk's over this one, hands down.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by chukulata

I bought this product about 2 months ago from Walmart because it was like $5 something and I'm going to have to say that I really dislike it. On the bottle it says that "removes waterproof mascara", I don't even use waterproof mascara and it really takes a while to take off my eye makeup. Oh! Gets even harder when I use gel eyeliner! I have to use like 2 cotton pads on 1 eye and rub it hard to take everything off and then my eyes hurt. It really sucks honestly just don't even bother. I would recommend buying the Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

If I did not get this on SALE I would RETURN it, not due to the price, but the principle...It states in large writing on the bottle it's good for WP... Not impressed to say the least. I'm in total agreement w/ the previous review-er..."Removes Water-Proof Mascara" -- MULARKEY / F*(&-ing Bull-S&**!! Luckily, it cost $4.99...Just used it now to try & remove my Great Lash Very Black WP mascara...it would NOT bloody well come off -- a teeny faint bit of grey (only) showed up on my cotton round WTF?! ARG!!...Oh well, back to spending $22 on Bourjois for a WP remover :( It is however ok at removing REG mascara but, don't get it in your eye, I did and it stung until I used sterile eye drops to get it out! Even for REG mascara I wouldn't re-purchase, I'll just go back to Neutrogena wipes or Almay pads.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by rebeccamichelle33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product claimed that it "removes waterproof mascara". But it absolutely does not. I tried 5 times to get it to take off my waterproof mascara and all it did was burned my eyes. It left a disgusting fake plasticky feel on my skin after I attempted to use it to take off my mascara. Over all I HATED this product! I will never be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

Can it be?? A non greasy eye make up remover that removes even my eye primer? Can it be that is not tested on animals and it is only 7.99 CDN and 4.00 on sale. I say this is the one. It goes on sale often so stock up ladies. Great gift to give friends in a little make up bag gift.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by phoebeclaire

This is the only non greasy remover i have found that is also effective. I wear sephora waterproof eyeliner and l'oreal waterproof mascara, and this stuff takes it off without any struggle. I'm glad I tried it and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by daemonicblackcat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This removes my primed and set eyeshadow, my under eye makeup, and most of my waterproof eyeliner and mascara in one gentle swipe (after some soaking kind). Like with all other Rimmel products I own. I went to the section in the store for one Rimmel product (eyeliner) and ended up seeing this right hanging on its hook, claiming to be safe for contact wearers (which I am). I figured that since the eye makeup remover I was using before stung, this would be great. And it is. The only reason I won't buy it again (so far) is because It's sort of hard to find where I shop and I saw another brand that was cheaper and more available that claimed to do the same thing. I will try that one out, but if it doesn't work I shall return!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This eye makeup remover is pretty good, but not if you wear waterproof mascara. I like that it basically feels like water and doesn't leave that oily residue like some other removers. It's great that the top allows for some control when you're pouring it out. However, I did notice that if I happen to put too much on my cotton pad and some of it would get in my eyes, it can cause a little bit of stinging. If I didn't gravitate towards waterproof mascara, I wouldn't hesitate to buy this again, but since I do, I'll be trying out other brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by makeupnewbie1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a great product, for a great price!

Very effective, not expensive, and I love the design. the cap is a flip cap and the "spout" is a good-sized hole so you never have to worry about there being too much on your pad or swab; you can control the amount. Also, it doesn't feel greasy; just like magic water.

Would definitely buy again.