Lancome Cils Booster XL

Aqua/Water/Eau, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Rayon, Polyquaternium-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polycaprolactone.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

i have very straight asian lashes that are pretty much non-existant. so i've tried many of the top mascara primers out there (shiseido, dior and urban decay). and this is among my top favorites. pros: amazing volume, helps my mascara last longer on my lashes (vs my lower eyelids). cons: doesn't hold curl well, slightly lacking in the lengthening. and yes this is a pricey primer, but my last tube lasted my about 1 yr after daily use. so to me the price is worth it. bottom line: i'd repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

When I use this mascara primer, I always get asked if I am wearing lash extensions. It works with all kinds of mascara, but my favorite is Lancome Hypnoxe, which not only is smudge-proof and water resistant, but takes lash lengths to an entirely new level. I use 2 coats off the primer, and before it dries completely, apply 2 coats of mascara. You will love this primer with your favorite mascara, and save money because this primer will give you the look of the most natural lash extensions!

on 3/18/2015 1:50:00 PM

on 2/22/2015 11:03:00 AM

I got a 100 point travel size of this from Sephora. I have been using it consistently, and it does seem to condition my lashes, but that's the only benefit I can see. It doesn't prevent mascara from flaking or smudging, it doesn't help with curl, length or volume, and I have to make sure to cover it completely with mascara to prevent white from showing. The directions for use aren't clear, but I apply mascara immediately after applying this. I don't wait until it dries. Overall, I am enjoying the sample but I prefer MAC's version, which is much cheaper ($16 versus $25).

on 2/7/2015 8:03:00 AM

I was intrigued by this product. To be fair, it did make my lashes longer after mascara. But I have straight lashes. I put a coat of this after I curl my lashes. But they would droop right away... I wish I could like this product, especially with this price tag. If you have naturally curled lashes, I do think you will like it!

on 1/30/2015 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

This is the BEST mascara primer on the market! I love it so much I use it everyday underneath my regular mascara (Chanel Inimitable). It adds EXTREME volume and length. It enhances my lashes natural curl as well. Everyone always asks me if I have lash extensions. It contains ceramides and is extremely conditioning to your lashes as well. It's important that you allow it to dry completely by waiting a few minutes before applying your mascara or else you will get clumpy, mediocre results and risk contaminating your mascara formula.

on 1/26/2015 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this mascara primer. It always enhances the look of my mascara by making my lashes look thicker, longer, etc. It works well under every mascara and makes my lashes look better no matter what mascara I have on under it. I thought this product was a bit unnecessary at first but now that I've used it I never want to be without it. Love it! Helps extend the wear of your mascara as well.

on 12/26/2014 1:46:00 PM

About to start my second tube of this. This is a great primer if you know how to use it. You can't let it sit on your lashes for too long before applying mascara; it just won't work right.

What I do (rather swiftly), and I would recommend, is this:
-Apply Primer (2 swipes is good)
-Curl Lashes
-Apply Mascara while primer is still tacky/wet

That works the best for me! Definitely would buy over and over again.

on 10/21/2014 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is sub-par compared to Shiseido's primer. Why? Because this causes clumps and curl droop immediately. And it makes my mascaras look spidery when they usually look great. However it will add some lift back to my flat lashes that the heavy wet formula pulls out of my just curled lashes. But that is not enough for me to go for the 20+ dollar pricetag. I also hate the white formulation.

I dunno, maybe 2 lipsticks is too HIGH for how I feel about this primer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ehh, I'm not that impressed by this. I don't like lash primers to begin with, but as far as lash primers go, this is the best one I have ever used. I didn't see a huge difference when I used it and it was an extra step in my routine. On top of that it almost made it more difficult to put my mascara on. I tried this with Lancôme mascara and others on top as well. Still, I wouldn't repurchase because why bother.