October 25, 2014 | 1781 users online

Gels/Soaps - Bath and Body Works - Shower Gels

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

YUK! These things s@ck major donkey ballz!!!!

Ok so I purchased a gripload of these based on initial scent - I got Japanese Cherry Blossom, Sugar Fig, Carried Away, Pink Chiffon, Sweet Pea, and Cashmere Glow. They smelled DELICIOUS... Fast forward to shower time and right away I noticed they were performing that "squeaky clean" thing, and not in a good way (side note: Is squeaky clean ever a good thing when you have dry skin? Nope!]. So I knew right off the bat these were gonna be uber drying. Even so, I could have been wrong in my initial suspicion so I banked on the fact A) I could moisturize afterward with the matching lotions I had purchased and negate being stripped of all moisture and B) at least I would smell good. No dice on either front. Not only did my skin feel horrible after my shower, but the scent had zero staying power. Le sigh...

I do not recommend these washes at all for anyone with normal or dry skin. These left my skin feeling like when you wash with Lava soap, but instead of it just being dry hands its dry everything. The only people who would benefit from these would be someone who suffers from body type breakouts because these would def clear that up. So if that's your skin type, I think you would review much differently than I. Never again,

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Alexandra470

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me just make one thing clear, I would never ever ever ever buy a Bath&BodyWorks shower gel again! Their shower gels deliver no moisture leaving your skin dry. Ew. These shower gels are just terrible. They include many chemicals and PEG'S, but worst of all... They contain PEG 150 witch is proven to be a cancer causing chemical buy doctors. PEG 150 is a aging chemical witch ages your skin (makes it look older) witch is TERRIBLE!!! Bath&BodyWorks claims that their shower gel's are packed with "benefits" I strongly disagree. Their is no reason to buy a shower gel for 11 dollars that has no value and benefits for your body.. Im not saying bath and body works isn't good!!! I very much enjoy their PocketBac Cleansing Gels, Thumbs Up! :) But sadly I wish that B&BW would invent a all natural shower gel with more "real scents" hopefully this comes in handy to all of you. :)

Stay Smart About Your Body.
$$ Pricey... You Can Buy Them For $11CAN

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by PattyTheK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have found with BBW products that if I wear more than one product from the same scent family the smell is over-bearing, so I usually stick with one product. Their body lotions are just OK in my opinion. However their shower gels are in my shower rotation arsenal. Some days I like using bars, some days I like using gels, some days I wanna use something creamy. What can I say I'm a fickle female. I usually keep 2-3 different scents of their bath gels handy, that way I don't get bored. I don't find these as drying as the other reviewers, perhaps it's because I do rotate them with other moisturizing cleansers. They lather like crazy, and they last forever. 3 bottles will see me through a year. Scents are subjective, everybody has their own favorites, mine are black raspberry vanilla, dark kiss, paris armour, dancing waters, twilight woods. If you get them on sale, they're pretty cheap, otherwise they are expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by scatandpounce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know why people are bashing on this, I love these shower gels and haven't used anything else for a long time. Granted, I only buy them when they're having the yellow dot 75% off sales, because I'm a poor college kid, but if I can gett this good shower gel for the price of a crappy one from walmart, why not? I absolutely adore the scents, forever sunshine and pink grapefruit are my favorites. Some people complain about how the scent fades after you get out of the shower, but it really just depends on the scent. For example, cherry blossom is really weak, but as me and my sister found out, plumeria is really strong. It honestly just depends. And some people are complaining that it's drying, which I never really noticed, but if it is, again, get it on sale, buy a lotion to go with it, and it would still be cheaper than the normal price.

but why I really like this stuff is that it literally lasts for all eternity. I bought a bottle of forever sunshine shower gel last august to bring with me to school. A year later, I am still working on that same bottle. Trust me, this does not mean that I don't shower, the stuff is just so concentrated that you only need a teeny bit on a loofa or sponge and you're good to go. The stuff honestly pays for itself, think of how many bottles of watery, easily used up body wash that would have been. I think it's well worth it, even if you do end up paying full price.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2011 5:01:00 AM More reviews by cheapglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

first off, the ingredients are terrible: DEA, TEA, propylene glycol, PEG's, parabens, dyes, etc. not the kind of stuff you want in skin care (sensitive skin types beware).
second, these shower gels are so expensive yet so ineffective!
like what most good shower gels do, i was expecting to have my skin moisturized while getting a gentle cleansing as well. this did neither. none of the shower gels gave me that "fresh out of the shower" clean . it felt like i was just washing myself with water alone!
in addition, this also made my skin very dry (like bar soaps). after a couple days, my skin was so ashy and my legs had dry cracks.
the only "ok" thing about these shower gels is the smell, and most of them arent that great. also the scent fades within minutes.
dont waste your money on this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by BlueNite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just love Bath and Body Works products, and they're so affordable with their perpetual sales and bogos.

Their Shower Gels are no exception. They're wonderfully scented and do a great job at removing even the most stubborn deodorant.

However, I do feel they're a bit drying in the winter so I usually switch to their creamier formulas when the leaves fall and until the snow melts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

Sweet Pea is the only scent that I buy. In the shower the scent is overpowering but once you rinse off, all you smell is a subtle smell of Sweet Pea on my skin and in the bathroom. I use my wonderful exfoliating cloth and they work perfectly together. Then, I follow it up with Sweet Pea lotion. Since I have other products I use in the shower, I use this twice a week so I never tire of the sweet scent. They look and smell pretty. What's not to like. Also, after cleaning my tub and sink, I usually lather up a sponge and do a once over on the tub/sink and rinse. It leaves my bathroom smelling pretty, With so many scents carried by BBW and the price quite reasonable, no reason not to try one or all. Also dropped some in my laundry - just my unmentionables- and it also gives a nice pretty and subtle smell. Just be careful not to put tooo much or you'll have a mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 9:05:00 AM More reviews by dstamnitz2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

FOAM BURST BODY WASH! This stuff is a HG product! I just love it. It comes out as a gel and then explodes into a mousse. A little bit goes a long way. The scent is soft but noticable. The texture is perfect for shaving your legs! I believe this has been discontinued (I got mine at the outlet mall, 4 for $12) or at least re-packaged. I went back and bought two more to stash for later!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Not long ago my shower was full of almost every scent from Bath and Body Works. I finally managed to get through almost all of them, I have two left that I just can't bring myself to use anymore. These have dried my sensitive skin out. They all smell lovely but I just can't stand to use them on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

I have always preferred these over the CBW, I like the packaging and scents better than the body washes. I worked at BBW for about a year and stocked up on soooo many body washes cause they are AMAZING, especially the new formula! Very very moisturizing and great lather. My favorites are: All 3 cherry blossoms, enchanted orchid, and sensual amber.