April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Lemon Aid

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use it as an undereye concealer after a bad night's sleep or on special nights when I go out. I still don't understand why I can't find a cheaper alternative, but it works. Not a big fan of dipping my fingers into a pot, but hey, I don't use it all the time so aok.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by nocturnem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product has been one of the best make-up discoveries I've done in the past few years. From the moment I tried it on, it became an absolute holy grail!
First of all, I should say I do NOT use this product as an eyelid primer. For that use, it actually creases and doesn't last long. Instead, I use it as a color correcting undereye concealer and also as a skin concealer for my very, very pale (NC05/Nars Siberia or lighter) skintone.

I've struggled for years to find a concealer that matched my skintone and could cover my very dark purple undereye circles. This product works by correcting those purple tones and neutralizing them. I believe it will not work as well if your circles are bluer in tone. If it does work, it means you will only need the lightest layer of foundation over this correcting concealer to match the color-neutralized undereye area to the rest of your face, instead of tons and tons of layers of concealer which will cake and set into lines. It also works well to illuminate the browbone area.

As a spot concealer, it works like a charm for my skin. I've never found a real (marketed as) concealer that matched my pale skintone, so I was really excited when I tried this and found it covered any redness and spots perfectly without setting into lines or flaky skin. I've even used it to conceal large areas when I had no foundation around, and it blended seamlessly into my skin.

The packaging itself is very cute and I find the mirror inside it quite handy. It doesn't feel flimsy and it won't get open if you toss it into your bag.

Overall, it's an amazing product, and I have my fingers crossed it won't ever be discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to give this product 5 stars, it is truly wonderful. **I am using this as an under-eye corrector. Picked up at ULTA on a whim, even though I was skeptical of this product in the past. When I tried it on at home I was expecting to need a return, but instead was suprised by how emollient and non-cakey it was--AND still very pigmented. This did the job. I have TONS of under-eye products for my TERRIBLE AWFUL dark circles,I own just about everything (Many shades of Bobbi correctors/concealers, Laura Mercier secret camo, some korean brands, NYX correctors, YSL, Givenchy corrector, etc etc.) Lemon Aid is one of the better products and it does the "heavy lifting" that the other brands have not been able to give me (THINK face-lift)! I look years younger, close to how I did before my under-eye was a severe problem.
You have to use it properly. While many people can probably get away with just the lemon aid and powder, I need a little extra help. SO, I actually like to prime with UDPP on my under-eye 1st. This gives it a huge boost, and since the lemon aid is emollient, it doesn't look cakey like it does when I've tried with other products. I can still layer a concealer on top without this looking cakey (make sure your concealer is a perfect match to your foundation or you'll still look slightly off.) Next I set with a good powder. I ONLY use NARS Eden for my nc20-25 which has never given me creasing no matter what concealers I'm using on the eye, stays ALL day, and also gives a little lift. (Highly recommend the NARS loose powder!) I think I'll try this system with other primers like Stay Don't Stray, and other concealer options but this is working out great so far. I haven't looked this good in a while, and can't believe it looks so natural and even blends into my Bobbi Skin foundation which is very sheer! Best for the under-eye but using the excess around the upper lid gives a nice awake and bright face. (I also bought Mally's yellow perfect prep today since it looks very similar, so I'll try/review that soon and see how they compare.) I've been using the Lemon Aid a few days now and have not been disappointed with the coverage or lasting-power.

**Edit: After a few weeks of using this I still "like" this product but it tends to crease on me, or is not very reliable if it will last all day without creasing. It is also difficult to blend in to the rest of the face. I just found Lancome Effecernes + Lancome Maquitcomplet Yellow corrector and these look far more natural with better coverage and is longlasting. Half the battle with under eyes is just getting it to blend in to the entire face. I still find this product useful.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by c0nsequence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I saw a lot of reviews on YouTube raving over this product and since I'm notorious for late nights I would thought I would give this a try and could do with an eyelid primer! I thought the price was very expensive but I guess if you want good quality that's how much you pay! I was very surprised how small it was! I was quite disappointed after paying almost £17 for it!! It does cover dark circles very well but as it's role for an eyelid primer, it sucked. It settled in creases easily and it didn't help my eye makeup stay throughout the day. What I would recommend is Urban Decay's primers. They are fantastic!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow primer is a also a corrector. It is yellow, but it blends into your skin and brightens up the eye. It did cover up some discoloration on my eyes, but it looked cakey at the same time. The texture reminds me of a creamy concealer, and because of that it creases really bad and that defeats its purpose. Also, it didn't keep my eyeshadow in place. I was really hoping this would work, but sadly it didn't.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by breezyfosheezy123zy

It does cover up the discoloration on my lids but it settles in the creases, not so awesome. Its too expensive for being so mediocre, when there are cheaper alternatives that essentially do the exact same thing. Not impressed.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Australianforbeerk2k3

Legit worst. This product is a great idea - the yellow cream to combat red/blueness on the lids and under-eyes is spot on and works well. Only problem is that this stuff creases so fast - even if I set it with powder. You'd think as an eye primer it'd have better lasting power. Such a waste - it's going back to sephora tomorrow.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Lamafd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this product a lot because it multitasks. you can cover and highlight. I use it as a bass for my concealer.
also, I have a warm undertone and yellows look good on me when it comes to concealer and foundation.

however, this is terrible for my lids. I stopped putting them on my lids because they creased a lot.

they also creased under my eyes but that's fine, all I have to do is retouch with powder.
and the consistency is really nice, for it feels light, not heavy what so ever.

and I also have to be careful with this because if I accidentally put a little too much, it looks too bright in pictures. blending is key

POINT: only problem is that it creases. great coverage, great highlighter, great packaging, but not so great primer because of the crease situation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by CarlieJacobsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the redesigned version and it does do a great job on my lids as well as under the eyes!
Won't buy it again though - there are similar products available that are a lot cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Summerjess21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

A super good product. Only used it around the eye area and its perfect. Without it, I dont wear eye makeup. It keeps my eyeshadow in place all day, no smearing or melting. And normally my skin gets oily after a few hours. Also it brightens up your eyes and conceals well.