August 21, 2014 | 1418 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i was disappointed when i got this product and used it because it is so raved on makeupalley

i have oily combo skin, and this was a good powder foundation.
when applied dry it was TERRIBLE. every little patch of dry skin was amplified by like 10000x
places that i didnt even know was dry came out...and it had light coverage

when applied wet, the coverage was probably medium and then it made the dry patches better i guess, not as noticeable

however after a couple of hours, i did start to get very oily around my forehead T zone and my nose area...

expected a lot more out of this product :/

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by ladygoodman16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A good quality foundation, I've been using this for nearly a year after switching from Mac's studio fix, which is a great foundation but now I find is a bit too heavy for me. I like that the face base is a light-medium coverage, I don't feel like I'm wearing foundation but it has a good mattifying effect on my T-zone. I still have to wear a concealer on scars or blemishes.

The colour match is excellent - I use shade 02 on my fair skin with yellow undertones (in the summer months it does seem slightly too pale, but the next shade up is a bit too dark for me).

I apply with a brush so the coverage is light, but you can use a sponge for a heavier coverage. Sometimes I've used the face base as an ad-hoc concealer by wetting the sponge and dabbing the powder on a blemish, it actually works quite well.

I still have to touch up my T-zone half way through the day, but I've found that I get less oily using this as opposed to other powder foundations I've tried - I always had to use shine blotting papers before, but now I don't find that I need them with this face base.

The compact is nothing special, just a cheap shiny plastic, and the sponge is kept in a compartment above the powder rather than underneath, which I find not very user-friendly.
I always buy this on promotional price, as it's not very long lasting, it would be too expensive at full price. Overall no problems and good value for money when it's on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by adriannee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Probably the only foundation i've found that isn't wayyyyy off my skin tone! Usually there is never a pale colour for me that doesn't turn my face a completely different colour from my neck.
I use 03, the third lightest shade i think (it was a wake up call to how pale I've really gotten haha!), and since it doesn't have pink tones in it, it actually suits! Buuuuut, today my face was pretty red this morning for some reason, and when I applied my makeup, my skin literally turned a pale white/pink! I looked shocking the whole day, considering i have very pale skin on my neck with yellow undertones. I was hoping this makeup would overcome the pink in my face that sometimes occurs, but it seems to worsen it :( But, oh well, common occurrence for me and this is a lovely, light, matte makeup. The only downside is my skin has been drying out quite a bit around my mouth since I started using this, but again not a huge problem as it's easily fixed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by VasilikiLampri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite products ever!! Great texture,great coverage,plus it feels like you are make up free! Doesnt set into pores,and has great staying power!I love it,especially in summer,when i want something extra light for my face!In winter,i use this to set my bourjois cc cream and it awesome!!I will keep on repurchasing for life!Better than other high end powders!And in a goos price too!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by arimbii

it's good product althoung the oil control is so-so. I am just a little bit dissapoint about the packaging

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by asha890

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is so far the best foundation for me.. i use shade 02.. the lightest.. and it suits my skin very well.. i have a combination to oily skin and this is just perfect for my skin condition. does not break me out at all which is a huge plus! before this, i used to buy Mac foundation but it totally broke me out badly maybe cause its clogging my pores, change to bodyshop foundation and its the best decision i've ever made!

the coverage is superb and looks so natural on my face.. some people thought that i have not put anything onto my face when using this. non oily and suitable for any type of skin including acne prone! eventhough the price is quite expensive but its worth every penny.. :)

totally repurchase once i ran out of this amazing stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by ShazboTastic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice product. Good heavy coverage. Caters for paler complexions too which is good. Great cream to powder formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by mixedmatch

My 2nd purchase. I use this to set my make up. Medium coverage for me - it does cover the redness on my t-zone. For a thicker coverage, you can wet the sponge. You can use a brush to set your make up too. It is pricey so i usually get mine when they are having a storewide promotion. I replace the sponge with a new one when it gets really dirty but i think this is normal. Do remember to replace your sponge! You dont want to get break outs from not doing so.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by nyum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I haven use a powder foundation for years and I don't know what strucked me to buy this. The finish is alright, it gives off a natural satin finish, but sometimes my face can look overly powdered. I apply it with their extra virgins minerals brush. Doesn't conceal any blemishes but does even out my redness well. I don't know if I'd buy this again because this makes me shiny after 4-5 hours and it's pricey considering it doesn't come with refillables.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by demiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a great foundation. Very high quality for its price. Nicely packaged with a separator for the sponge. Goes on smoothly without caking. Covers pores well.