The Body Shop All-In-One Face Base

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylparaben, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Lauryl Alcohol, PCA, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, kitties.

on 5/6/2015 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Oh this stuff really not made for me.
I read many positive reviews and bought it when on sale.
It doesn't look cakey, but no oil control. I have to blot my face after few hours, even tho i used it indoor and no sweat at all.

on 3/29/2015 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My all-time favourite to-go-to! I've been using this product for 3 years and I don't think I'll ever go back, I always have to have some on me! It has a bit of a creamy texture but is a powder at the same time. I use it on top of my foundation, but if you don't need a lot of coverage, it would work wonders just on its own too. The coverage it brings is just awesome! It's the only "powder" I would feel comfortable wearing just on its own out in public. Also, the packaging is super nice. It's on the pricier side, and it's worth it by all means!

been using this product for 3-4 years now. I used to be into bb creams, but now I am into full coverage foundations. I must say, this product works way better on top of bb creams, it sets the bb cream nicely without looking powdery or thick. it gives a perfect bright finish that lasts all day. however, this doesn't work well with ny foundation, probably because my foundation is very drying (acne fighting foundation). Now that ny skin condition is better, I might consider switching back to bb creams and top with this body shop foundation compact. will definitely keep on buying!

on 2/23/2015 8:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'm a fortysomething PPP with broken caps, mild acne, a few lines, sensitive skin, rosacea, and celiac.

This is basically my HG. I've worn this in the heat in the summer in Texas for months, in the winter in Texas, in the summer on a day-long boat ride into the glaciers in Juneau, Alaska (think very, very wet), and in the fall in Aruba (hot and humid). It performs flawlessly in every climate, it looks good over Retin-A and Vitamin C serums. I carry this in a large purse, with other things underneath it, so it hasn't broken, yet. I even carried it in luggage, and it didn't break. It doesn't oxidize and it stays on!!! It's amazing.

If you're celiac--I have an old diagnosis, and I've learned from long experience that I react negatively to both oats and 10ppm or higher gluten in anything. In February of 2015, Body Shop emailed me back within 36 hours and confirmed that this is gluten-free.I've worn it for months, and it doesn't make me sick. ZuZuLuxe's powder foundation in D-4 is the only thing that even comes close--it oxidizes a little and wears off faster, but it's more non-comedogenic. It also costs $22 for a refill. ZuZu Luxe and Body Shop foundations are the only things that I trust not to make me sick, and they are the only two foundations that I have repurchased since I discovered that I needed gluten-free makeup, as well.

One compact of this foundation will last about four months with regular use. When Body Shop has big sales, the price is comparable to higher end drug store makeup. Very, very, very good. HG.

on 1/29/2015 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this one for it evens out my skin tone. My dry skin tend to become oily after lunch but my skin feels smooth for hours after using this one. I love the bulky, hygienic packaging. The reason why I won't buy this again is because it doesn't come with a refill. Making it really pricey! May not be worth a try as your HG foundation.

on 1/18/2015 12:41:00 PM

Having searched for approximately 15 years for the perfect foundation, I was hesitant to say I have found the Holy Grail but on my 4th repurchase I'm pretty much convinced this is it. The price point lets this down but the Body Shop almost always have an offer code running, I bought this full price once and felt a bit ripped off. I love the packaging and even the sponge applicator is decent as well as the mirror inside. I use a damp Real Techniques buffing brush to apply initially then touch up with the sponge during the day, usually only around my oilier areas as I find this foundation has good staying power especially when used with setting spray (elf brand is a good one). It blends beautifully and has a good medium coverage - I used to like fuller coverage but now I prefer not to *look* as if I'm wearing much makeup - this foundation covers my blemishes and acne scars while still looking natural, this is what makes it HG for me.

on 1/12/2015 1:16:00 AM

like the packaging because we can put the sponge seperately from the pressed powder. I considered putting the sponge on the press powder very unhygenic. BUT, this product causes breakouts :( unlike the all in one bb cream which does not cause breakouts on my face.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This has been a life safer over the past year and I love this product.
I use shade 4 and I have pale skin, the price could be lower but overall a great purchase in THE BODY SHOP !!!!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was given this by my mom when she ordered the wrong shade on accident, and it happens to be my perfect shade-03- so I took it. I wasn't really sure what to expect from it, because all I knew about it was from what my mom told me but I was pleasantly surprised by it.

You can use this powder wet or dry, which I quite like because I can use it dry over a liquid foundation for some added coverage or by itself when wet when I want a more natural, not so made up look for the day but I still want some coverage. When dry, it has a very light coverage and when wet the coverage is more medium. Usually I don't like the poofs that come with powders, but this one comes with a sponge and I quite like it because it works well to apply the powder wet and dry-it's a pretty dense sponge as well, and it's easy to clean if you're worried about germs and bacteria.

I've been using this powder a lot lately, particularly since my skin is breaking out quite a bit and I want to give my skin a break from the heavier makeup I tend to wear. I find this works pretty well, particularly when wet, because while it doesn't completely cover up my blemishes(which isn't at all what I'm looking for)-it does cover up the redness of them and even out my skintone.

Another thing I really like is that I don't feel like I have to touch it up much. I've never been in the habit of wearing primers under powder when it's all I'm wearing and this really does last me the majority of my long days without it, even though I'm someone that, sadly, tends to sweat quite a bit and gets hot pretty easily. I've only found myself wanting/needing to touch it up once throughout the day(keep in mind, this is when I've been using it wet) which I really like because I'm a full time theatre student and downtime isn't something that I have a lot of.

The packaging is pretty bulky but, as another reviewer mentioned, I do find that it protects the product pretty well.

It is pretty pricy for a powder, but The Body Shop does have store wide/site wide sales fairly often so if you like it or want to try it, I would keep my eye out for those sales and jump on them when you get the chance.

on 12/1/2014 8:26:00 PM

This is a great value foundation. In texture and finish, I find it to be similar to Studiofix (dry, matte) although it doesn't have quite as good coverage or lasting power. There is a great range of natural-looking colours. The coverage is easily buildable to medium, doesn't oxidise but does start to wear off over the course of the day, especially if it's hot. I have extreme combination skin and it works fine on both the oily and dry patches.