October 2, 2014 | 1411 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this for over a year now and have already repurchased once, so I guess it's time for a review! When I first ordered, they were out of the lightest shade, so I ordered the color 035 for my very pale skin. 035 is slightly pink-toned and it matched my skin very well, but I eventually moved onto shade 2 because it's yellow-toned and covers my redness a bit better. There are a lot of great shades to choose from, so that shouldn't be a problem for most people.

The formula is a very dry powder. In my experience, it will NOT stick to dry skin. When I try to apply it without something underneath, it looks chalky and patchy and I feel like I have to apply 500 layers to get ANY coverage. Over a good moisturizer, it's perfect. The coverage is good and buildable. I've found that the best method of application is using a flat-top brush (I use one by e.l.f.). They give you a little sponge withe the compact, but it applies way too much product and makes it more difficult to spread. I also feel that I use much less product when I use a brush.

After applied, it lasts most of the day and remains pretty smooth. It's mostly a matte finish, but it's not "dead" matte. It's almost satin-matte. Be the end of the day, it has definitely worn off some. My skin feels a bit dehydrated and "gritty" when I remove it, but that may just be my skin type. I have oily, dehydrated, acne-prone skin that is prone to both rosacea and eczema ( a winning combo!). I'm positive that powder foundations don't help with the eczema, but I find them to be the most comfortable. This formula also doesn't aggravate any of my skin conditions, so that's a huge plus!

All in all, I would definitely recommend this powder foundation to anyone who wants a quick and easy foundation. TBS has sales constantly, so you can usually get it for a good price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by leighiaj

I really like this product, but I'm not sure I would really call it a foundation. It is too sheer to be on its own for me as I like to have a bit more coverage, but it works well as a powder, however, it's too pricey for me to warrant buying it just as a powder.

The packaging protects the powder from breaking so easily (however, I did manage to break it once), but it is bulky.

TL;DR: Very nice, but a little too sheer as a foundation and too pricey as a powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by leighmegb

Great powder foundation. Gives an even complexion.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i was disappointed when i got this product and used it because it is so raved on makeupalley

i have oily combo skin, and this was a good powder foundation.
when applied dry it was TERRIBLE. every little patch of dry skin was amplified by like 10000x
places that i didnt even know was dry came out...and it had light coverage

when applied wet, the coverage was probably medium and then it made the dry patches better i guess, not as noticeable

however after a couple of hours, i did start to get very oily around my forehead T zone and my nose area...

expected a lot more out of this product :/

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by ladygoodman16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A good quality foundation, I've been using this for nearly a year after switching from Mac's studio fix, which is a great foundation but now I find is a bit too heavy for me. I like that the face base is a light-medium coverage, I don't feel like I'm wearing foundation but it has a good mattifying effect on my T-zone. I still have to wear a concealer on scars or blemishes.

The colour match is excellent - I use shade 02 on my fair skin with yellow undertones (in the summer months it does seem slightly too pale, but the next shade up is a bit too dark for me).

I apply with a brush so the coverage is light, but you can use a sponge for a heavier coverage. Sometimes I've used the face base as an ad-hoc concealer by wetting the sponge and dabbing the powder on a blemish, it actually works quite well.

I still have to touch up my T-zone half way through the day, but I've found that I get less oily using this as opposed to other powder foundations I've tried - I always had to use shine blotting papers before, but now I don't find that I need them with this face base.

The compact is nothing special, just a cheap shiny plastic, and the sponge is kept in a compartment above the powder rather than underneath, which I find not very user-friendly.
I always buy this on promotional price, as it's not very long lasting, it would be too expensive at full price. Overall no problems and good value for money when it's on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by adriannee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Probably the only foundation i've found that isn't wayyyyy off my skin tone! Usually there is never a pale colour for me that doesn't turn my face a completely different colour from my neck.
I use 03, the third lightest shade i think (it was a wake up call to how pale I've really gotten haha!), and since it doesn't have pink tones in it, it actually suits! Buuuuut, today my face was pretty red this morning for some reason, and when I applied my makeup, my skin literally turned a pale white/pink! I looked shocking the whole day, considering i have very pale skin on my neck with yellow undertones. I was hoping this makeup would overcome the pink in my face that sometimes occurs, but it seems to worsen it :( But, oh well, common occurrence for me and this is a lovely, light, matte makeup. The only downside is my skin has been drying out quite a bit around my mouth since I started using this, but again not a huge problem as it's easily fixed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by VasilikiLampri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite products ever!! Great texture,great coverage,plus it feels like you are make up free! Doesnt set into pores,and has great staying power!I love it,especially in summer,when i want something extra light for my face!In winter,i use this to set my bourjois cc cream and it awesome!!I will keep on repurchasing for life!Better than other high end powders!And in a goos price too!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by arimbii

It's nice. It's lightweight. Cons: the packaging is so bulky and the oil control is so so

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by asha890

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is so far the best foundation for me.. i use shade 02.. the lightest.. and it suits my skin very well.. i have a combination to oily skin and this is just perfect for my skin condition. does not break me out at all which is a huge plus! before this, i used to buy Mac foundation but it totally broke me out badly maybe cause its clogging my pores, change to bodyshop foundation and its the best decision i've ever made!

the coverage is superb and looks so natural on my face.. some people thought that i have not put anything onto my face when using this. non oily and suitable for any type of skin including acne prone! eventhough the price is quite expensive but its worth every penny.. :)

totally repurchase once i ran out of this amazing stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by ShazboTastic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice product. Good heavy coverage. Caters for paler complexions too which is good. Great cream to powder formula.