April 19, 2014 | 1750 users online

Treatments (Eye) - The Body Shop - Fragrance-Free Elderflower Eye Gel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Adriana2013

I went to Bodyshop to buy my favourite hand cream (The Hemp hand cream which is so effective to smoothen your hands) and the shop assistant persuaded to buy a bag full of "top selling products" for a special deal. I was so disappointment with all of the products as they were too perfumed and coloured. The Elderflower eye gel is without a scent which is good but it does not really give you any boost under your eyes. It has a very silly bottle where you have to dig your fingers into the gel to be able to get the gel out. So I don't also like for the hygiene reasons. Overall I would never buy it again and I am actually half way through and I will throw it away. What a shame

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Bneha21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've sensitive skin with an oily T-zone. I am allergic to most of the skincare and makeup products. I wanted a moisturising eye gel as the area around my eyes tend to dry out. I went to body shop for the same and told the assistant there about my skin type and he recommended me this product. At first I was happy as it does have a cooling effect. But after 3-4 days i developed rashes under my eyes and had to run to my skin doctor. Now I not only have dry under eyes but dark circles too.. :( :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by MissmeganA

I thought it was... okay. The gel feels really good. I don't notice much of a decrease in puffiness though. I wouldn't use it as an eye cream because it doesn't provide enough moisture, but it does feel good to put on your eyes after you've been sitting at a computer all day, crying, been out in the sun, etc. It also does not sting at all, even on your lid. On sale you can get it pretty cheap too.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Lyanneeelow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This eye gel did nothing for me, and my mom originally purchased it for me when I was having flaky skin underneath my eyes. It felt soothing when it first went on but hardly did anything to help the dry red flaking. I wonder if it is just me, but it also irritates my eyes and causes it to tear. Recently tried using it again but doesn't seem to do anything and still irritates my eyes. Not going near that stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product every night for about 3 weeks now, mostly as an anti aging measure. I don't care for it too much. It is sticky and doesn't absorb well into my skin. As for it being "cooling," it's really no more cooling then any other product you would put on your skin. It's only cool because it's a different temperature than your skin. It also has a very chemical/ plastic smell. The only good things I can find about this gel is that a little goes a long way so it will last quite a while and it's not terribly expensive. It is also clear which means no dyes in it. I wouldn't repurchase this product simply because I don't feel it really does anything for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by sunshinechemist

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Disappointing product. I love eye roller balls, and I thought this might have a similar effect, cooling and hopefully depuffing. From my use, this product does nothing but sit on the skin until you rinse or wipe it off. This does not moisturize, I wasn't expecting it to, but it would have been nice if it did. This doesn't have the cooling sensation that eye roller balls do either, which I did expect it to do (considering its name). It's gloopy, another step down from roller balls. Worse of all it balls up if you try to use under makeup, which is when I like to use roller balls. It's very inexpensive, but anything is too expensive that does nothing. Hard candy's eye'm tired eye roller ball is cheaper, and works better for what I want. Clinique depuffing eye serum works even better. And the smell is horrible, but it dissipates fairly quickly. How I've been using it up: I apply a thick layer to undereye and eye lid during my "spa nights", while I have a mask on my face and lay down listening to classical music. I wash it off with the mask. This product slightly burns my eyes, so I can only really use it if my eyes are closed. 1.5 stars.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by the1004

This product is just not for me. As a gel form, it's not moisturizing enough for my delicate eye area, and it's too goop-y to apply! I guess I'm more of a eye cream person than an eye gel person.

Funny thing is, my eyelids are actually on the oilier side. Even when I use Urban Decay's Primer Potion for my eyelids, I still manage to have some shadows crease, and some liquid liner to smudge.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by condiment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this makes an okay super light day moisturiser for under the eyes, though I wouldn't repurchase it. Definitely not for you if you need lots of moisture and I have to use a thicker eye cream for night time in conjunction with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Tinabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I do like this gel,
I like the way it feels so I apply it in the morning and before going to bed.
It does make my eye area seem better for applying make up
I also applied it to my cheeks once and they felt so tight so it must do wonders for the under eye
:) it's a nice lil thing to have in my bathroom

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 5:32:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using it for couple of months. I can't notice any change on my fine lines, dark circles, nothing.