MAC Frost - Angel

on 2/11/2015 12:43:00 AM

Not about the rave on this one. I'll mention this was the first MAC lipstick I ever purchased due to the hype and regretted it. Too sheer and have to use up quite a bit of product to get the pink to show up, and when it does - it just lacks that vavavoom and doesn't fare well with my light brown eyes. I don't consider this a nude, if I were to title this color it'd be Pink Sugar. And no, I'm not a fan of that scent either..

Gave it to my mama who has grey/blue eyes and fairer, more pinkier-toned skin.

on 1/30/2015 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! I was shopping one day in MAC, and I came across this lipstick and knew I had to buy it! I've never owned a frost finish lipstick before so I was excited to try a frost. The color looks exactly the same on the lips as it does in the tube so it's very true to color. Also, it's $16 which isn't bad compared to some sold at Sephora for $30+. This is a very beautiful light baby pink and works well on many skin tones. It also can bring out someone's tan. I love the formula because it's not drying and its also pretty pigmented. This can be worn as something sheered out or it can be applied heavily and become opaque. Truly a great lipstick, one of my all time favorites!

on 1/18/2015 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted a nice nude color, but this one is to pink for me and it doesn't look good at all. There is nothing wrong about the lipstick, but make sure its your color as it definitely doesn't suit everyone.

on 1/18/2015 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I heard it was one of the best sellers for their lipsticks, so I decided to give it a go.

When applied, it's sort of sheer with a slight sheen. (Subtle pigment)
This colour is more of a sweet light baby pink, but it's not universal colour that fits everyone.
I agree with the other reviewers that it fits people with a fair or medium skin complexion.
I have a more warmer honey-like complexion, so it looks decent enough but sort of pale in comparison to my original lip colour. It doesn't seem nude on me.

It tends to subtly accentuate dry flakes on my lips due to the shine,
Though I applied a moisturising lip balm. (Burt's Bees/Blistex)
I usually fix that by adding clear lip gloss to keep attention away from it.

I love the scent of the lipstick when it's brand new! So sweet, like vanilla.
But after awhile it tends to fade leaving a slightly plastic like smell. But it's not overpowering.
Veryyyyy subtle. (Unless you go the way to sniff it from the tube)

Staying power wise, it's pathetic. In 2 hours or so, it fades.
So there's constant reapplying needed. :/

If you're looking for a lipstick similar in colour, I recommend (MAC Peach Blossom - Cremesheen) It has a more rosier pink and its formula lasts longer compared to Angel.
Would work better on warmer skin tones.

OVERALL:
Bad staying power, good for fair complexions, subtle pigment.

on 1/13/2015 2:15:00 AM

Love it!!! Thought it would be too light but perfect!!! It is a beautiful light pink color that makes my face look pretty. I like Angel better than cream cup it has a bit more color IMO. Iam going to go get another!!!!!! This is my HG lipstick!

on 1/12/2015 8:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

As much as I love the colour of this lipstick I probably won't buy it again. I love MAC lipsticks, but this just does not last!! After an hour or 2 it has more or less completely gone and for 15.50 I feel like it is a bit of a waste.
It's not really a "nude" on me, more of a light, baby pink, but I do have quite pigmented lips so that may be an aggravating factor. I like the finish and the fact that it is moisturising, but it does settle in to fine lines and accentuate any fine lines.
I've nearly used it all up, god know how as I haven't even had it that long.. Probably due to all of the reapplying I have to do and while I like it, and I will try and finish it soon as I only need 1 more thing for back to mac, I doubt I will repurchase it.

on 12/29/2014 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really lives up to it's hype! Such a beautiful baby pink/nude color. If you are fair/medium complexion I can guarantee you will like it. So natural looking, it is smooth on the lips, opaque, and the smell is incredible. This is actually the first mac lip stick I purchased and I absolutely love it! Will repurchase. I think the price is reasonable and the packaging is very sleek and simple.

on 12/2/2014 3:04:00 PM

As seen on Kim Kardashian, a beautiful pinky nude shade, creamy lipstick with frost finish. The price is not too bad at 15.50 and the packaging in simple (plain black) but nice.

on 11/2/2014 3:02:00 PM

I genuinely don't know what I would do without this lipstick! I didn't want to like it because it is massively hyped about and I'm not one for jumping on bandwagons, but how perfect!? It's not really a frost finish, it's very light, delicate looking and wears brilliantly with or without a lip primer. I have four of these in my collection right now and I am so glad that it wasn't a limited edition item because I would've been so upset! Will buy again and again!

on 10/2/2014 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a very flattering pink-nude. Perfect for work. On the weekends I do top this with some pale pink lipgloss. Works well with my fair complexion. I do find with daily use it does dry my lips a tad. Moisturize at night, and the dryness is resolved.

Popular Lipsticks