Clinique Exfoliating Scrub

4.3

INGREDIENTS: water\aqua\eau [] glyceryl stearate [] polyethylene [] hexylene glycol [] disodium cocoamphodiacetate [] disodium oleamido mipa-sulfosuccinate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] salicylic acid [] menthol [] stearamidoethyl diethylamine [] methylparaben [] propylparaben [] titanium dioxide

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I purchased Clinique exfoliating scrub super- exfoliant. This product left my skin feeling refreshed and smooth. Depending on how my skin is reacting I use product 1 a week and upon occasion if my skin looks dull 2x. I will scrub my face Monday evening and Thursday evening (occasionally 2x a week) and usually I will not apply any makeup to my face the next day to give my skin a break. If I am going somewhere or I will be photographed I will exfoliate with this product the night before that way my foundation applies beautifully. With this product a little goes a long way. I usually squeeze out a dab and mix equal parts of CeraVe (which I love) as a mixing agent to apply to the skin. This product is very fine however very coarse therefore I do suggest mixing with a mild soap to reduce the harshness. In addition, I love that it is fragrance free. At first this product appear to be very pricey however it lasts me 12 months. I would definitely recommend this product for those who do not have sensitive skin and I would definitely repurchase this product again this is one of the best scrubs that I have used.

I started off loving this product, but after continued use - usually once a week - it's started to have a negative effect on my skin, leaving it very red, sore and irritated. My skin used to be able to tolerate Clinique products well, but over the last few months I've noticed this isn't the case anymore and I'm starting to think they must have changed the formula of more than just the DDML.

This is a great product if you want something that finely exfoliates and leaves your skin feeling fresh and tingly (it has menthol in it, so be very careful not to get any in your eyes), but I would be cautious if you have sensitive skin - even if it's oily - as I think this would be too much for it to handle.

Fantastic face exfoliator. I've been using it for almost 20 years and continue using it once a week, before my facial mask. If I find that my face looks dull, I use in the meantime and only in the mornings the 7-day scrub cream, which is lighter. For the moment... it's a keeper!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fantastic stuff. My skin tends to get dry patches and this exfoliating scrub is great at stripping away flakes and leaving my face baby soft. It's fairly grainy but still very gentle, in my opinion, and the price is very reasonable for the quality, especially considering what a lot of comparable high-end exfoliating scrubs go for.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

SEPT. 23, 2015 EDIT: I finished my 2nd tube a few weeks back and have decided to stop purchasing it since the small plastic beads wreak havoc on our water systems (they're too small to be filtered out and end up being eaten by fish) and CLINIQUE DOES TEST ON ANIMALS.

I knew that when purchasing this & my 4th bottle of moisturizing gel, but overlooked it b/c everyone in the industry does it. Lancome, Shiseido, MAC... but I finally decided that just b/c it's inconvenient to avoid these large companies, That DOESN'T MAKE IT OK. In this day and age, there's nothing to be gained from testing cosmetics on animals.

----

After years of using Neutrogena and briefly scrubbing my face with sugar, I'm very impressed by this product. It's much more gritty than any of Neutrogena's face scrubs by a long shot, which is great bang for the buck.

It's pricey ($20), but worth the dive... very glad I bought this after doing so much research on here, Sephora, and Amazon. It hasn't done any miracles on my face, but let's be real here. As far as mechanical exfoliation, it's as good as it gets.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely hate Clinique products.
Two years ago, I have spent over 50 pounds, purchasing entire set of Anti Blemish Clinique, and those money were totally wasted.
The results I got were horrible: Red skin, pimples all over, dry skin.
Clinique products are quite harsh on skin, a lot of chemicals.

After years of using this and occasionally trying to find other scrubs that do the same job, I always come back to this one. I've concluded it's my HG scrub and have decided not to bother looking for others as this one, IMO, is the best. You need just a small amount and if it's too abrasive you can moisten your hands with water before applying it. It really does a fantastic job of removing the dead skin cells and revealing soft, glowing skin. Love this product!

This scrub is like a cream so it is not too abrasive for a facial scrub. I find clinique just too much money though.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this one for few years. Because I use either neem oil or salicylic face wash and both of them cause my skin dry and peel a little so I need this scrub to remove all the dead skin. My face does feel cool and smooth after using it. I only use this every 3/4 days unless the weather changes and causes my skin to act up then I have to adjust my regiment to keep my face clean or acne-city will come back. Overall this is a good scrub that I works for me. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found that this product did a great job at exfoliating my skin however it was way too harsh - it was like rubbing sand over my skin. I greatly enjoyed the effect at first and attributed the granules as necessary to do the job, however i found my skin to become irritated and dry over continued use.