Essie Fiji

3.5

Perfekt soft baby pink. Good formular but not Essie's best - but difficult to get a sharp clear line around the cuticle line. Otherwise opaque in 2 thicker coats or 3 thin coats. Lasts forever on the nail without chipping: went a week without top or base coat, with normal house keeping activities like doing the dishes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Fiji is a pale pink cream shade. It totally stands out on any skintone and it's girly. It takes 3 coats to look totally opaque and it's super pretty topped with glitter. It's in between being warm and nuetral toned

Fiji is an amazing white pink polish that looks amazing with any skintone. I've heard that Essie made two versions of it (the same thing happened with Mod About You from OPI): the original wich is lighter but kinda streaky, and the newer one which is pinker and more easy to apply. I have the first one, and it is indeed not very easy to apply well, you have to remember to apply generous coats to avoid streaking, and usually you shouldn't be able to get away with less than three coats. Still it is a very cool colour, and I would by it again.

I bought two from two different stores. One was a baby whit pink and the other a nude pink. I choose the baby pink version and must say iam a expert at doing nails but this was the hardest polish to apply! Must be patient!! I had to apply 4 coats because it was sooo streaky and goopy like. I remained patient and after a top coat it looks stunning. Do not buy if you are not willing to take some time. If you are it turns out stunning. A baby pink with alot of white undertones.

As soon as I saw this color, I picked it up because it was just the prettiest white pink but the formula on this is horrendous. I have quite a few other Essie polishes and theyre often a bit thin or streaky but non of them are to the extent that this one does. Takes a lot of time and patience to use this and for an $ 8-10 it just doesn't seem worth it.

This is one of my all-time favourite nail polishes. I really like how opaque it is and the colour is the perfect blend of a light pink and white - its definitely a girly colour. I especially like wearing this in the summer time when my skin is more tanned. I have repurchased it once already and am needing to go get another bottle for the summer!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is a perfect colour for the summertime. It's a very opaque, creamy light pink. If you're extremely pale I don't think this colour would look very nice, but for olive toned skin tones, and deeper skin tones this nail polish will really bring out your complexion. The only con about this nail polish in general is that it takes forever to dry... I guess it's the formulation. So it's not a quick on-the-go nail polish. It takes time to apply, and plenty of time to let it dry.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This color looks nice in the bottle but it didnt look right it had a very white egg shell pink clor to it. It looked tacky. I had other light pinks in the past and this is the tackiest looking pink.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

IN LOVE

So I absolutely love nail polish. I don't own many at all, especially not any particularly expensive ones but I really enjoy the process of applying and the way they instantly make my fingers look thinner and my hands more elegant (if I choose the right colour of course, some colours look like a disaster). I work in a healthcare field which basically means I can't wear anything that makes me feel feminine on weekdays for basically the rest of my life. No hair down, no jewellery or piercings and definitely no nail polish allowed. I'm still trying to get over this. What I've learned though is that when the weekend rolls around and when I'm on holiday, it makes these things feel extra special and like a real treat. And since I can only wear nail polish so occasionally, I feel bad for splurging on nail polish.

Essie Fiji was always one I had my eye on. I've heard reviews of this being the ultimate creamy pink, but I was really put off by the price... 8 here in the UK. Not extortionate, but compared to other brands its a lot. Plus I always thought that either way as long as the colours are similar, no matter what brand it would kind of look the same on the nail anyway. I therefore decided to try Models Own Utopia and Loreal Colour Riche Peach Neglige 856. Models Own Utopia admittedly is lovely, a light creamy colour that pulls lilac and gray. But very thin and discrete on the nail, and chips easily. It was my favourite for a while. Peach Neglige I realised later is almost an exact dupe for fiji, but it never really hit the spot for me. Its a tad lighter and applies quite streaky. Looks very chalky. I still wasn't satisfied.

I therefore decided to take the plunge. I figured I had been thinking about it all this time that I need to shut my brain up! First coat, very streaky but otherwise easy to apply and achieve a thin layer. Second coat, I was blown away. Fully opaque and amazing shine, so eye-catching. Exactly what I was after. And the colour is so so flattering on me. I'm quite pale, NC20-25 and quite warm and yellow toned. It didn't make me look tanned as other people said but it certainly didn't wash me out like other almost white polishes would. But with my fake tan this colour really looked amazing too. I could only wear this nail polish for two days over the weekend but I got SO many compliments on my nails which never happens, like ever. Someone even asked me if they were gel. That's how shiny and nice they looked. Plus my hands looked a million times less chubby than they usually look - win!

So to conclude, I took a risk and it paid off. And I agree that fiji is possible one of the best cream polishes out there. (now I haven't tried many I know, but this is just so perfect that I don't feel like I need to look for any more). Now that I have one essie nail polish I want even more!! But I know I need to reign myself in a bit as the purchase isn't that justified for me. But still, one (or two) more colours couldn't hurt...

I love the colour and do not mind the formula. Two coats was all it needed. I'm surprised people saying it took up to four coats for it to be good.
I do find the application messy though. But I find this normal for essie light coloured polishes.
Price is a tad much but got on sale for $5.
The colour is so beautiful that those cons don't really matter.

Top Rated Essie Products