September 30, 2014 | 1619 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Mary Kay - Satin Hands

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A am dithering between 3 & 4 lippies for Satin Hands (which has been around in different permutations for eons). In general I like this as a gift giving item but don;t often use it myself. If I am dragged to (yet) another MK party I may pick this up again - especially if I like the "limited edition" scent or package they are offering. The lotion itself is NOT non-greasy - there is some slip to it - but for dry wintery hands it's a decent product. The scrub (mechanical exfoliator) is good.

Are there better on the market? Yes, and also worse. Are there more expensive ones? Yes, and also less. IMO this is a decent product for a mid-range price. Great for gift giving or to help out a MK friend.
YMMV!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Xtine66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I tried the unscented version just before bed on a dry, super-itchy, peel-y allergic reaction on my feet, and it made them very happy. They're often so itchy they keep me awake, but not when I used this. I didn't even need to re-apply upon arising, like I do w/everything else I've tried.

I don't dare try it on my hands, because I know I'd end up touching my eye area and would get styes. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by mkforever14

I absolutely love this! It leaves you with wonderful feeling hands and the peach scented set makes you wish you could eat it!! Your hands truly feel like satin after using this set.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by lizette8816

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This hand spa is so awesome, smells really good and keeps your skin very soft.. Im kinda addictive to this product because of its nice effect. I would reccommend to use this product once or twice a week. but the lotion can be use everyday...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by misscherstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love. Works well, i buy the fragrance free kind. I always keep this in my purse, its not greasy at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by chrszal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually use this on my face! I have extremely dry skin, and not many moisturizers other than petroleum jelly keep that tight feeling from coming back. This not only exfoliates, it leaves my skin glowing and soft all day long. I am not acne-prone on my face, but if you are, I would try with caution. I love this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by jdublew

I always get this item free with other mary kay purchases I have made. This product is not moisturising enough for my hands even during the summer. It leaves my hands feeling really dry! so its a no for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS. I work in the hospital and always have to wash my hands. Nothing I tried in the past worked before. But my boss gave this to me to try and it changed my hands texture! It's so smooth and soft and moisturized. It really made a difference.

Great investment and gift for anyone whose hands are dry like nurses or other professionals!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Right away I noticed two things about this product. 1. It rivals Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream. 2. You get about twice as much product for about half the price. This heavy duty cream is petroleum based and is meant to seal moisture into the skin by creating a water-resistant barrier between the outer layer of skin and the elements. This is why the package recommends applying it to wet hands.

I did a little experiment and applied this to damp heels and elbows as well. The next day my elbows and heels were baby soft. Using this product along with the scrub and 24 hour Hand Cream provides long lasting protection against dry, itchy skin and chafing.

I used the entire Satin Hands Treatment System before going out to a recital and dinner this evening and did a little test - I spent one hour setting up for a buffet, including touching lots of paper products and plastics, which are notorious for removing all moisture from my hands. The stayed nice and moist all through the recital and dinner - about 7 hours.

I can't wait to test this against the winter elements this Winter when my hands take a beating just doing everyday things. Now that I am older I'm paying special attention to my hands, which give a woman's age away faster than any other publicly exposed part of the body. Other than gloves, hands really have no protection at all and are exposed to heat, cold, air, germs, bacteria. dirt and all sorts of things that age them. Nice to know this helps.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a good product. It makes your hands feel nice and silky smooth. It does have an odd smell to it though that I can do without. However, like most hand creams, after two hand washes it's time to reapply, so it's not long lasting.