April 20, 2014 | 930 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Mary Kay - Satin Hands

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by mkforever14

I absolutely love this! It leaves you with wonderful feeling hands and the peach scented set makes you wish you could eat it!! Your hands truly feel like satin after using this set.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by lizette8816

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This hand spa is so awesome, smells really good and keeps your skin very soft.. Im kinda addictive to this product because of its nice effect. I would reccommend to use this product once or twice a week. but the lotion can be use everyday...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by misscherstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love. Works well, i buy the fragrance free kind. I always keep this in my purse, its not greasy at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by chrszal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually use this on my face! I have extremely dry skin, and not many moisturizers other than petroleum jelly keep that tight feeling from coming back. This not only exfoliates, it leaves my skin glowing and soft all day long. I am not acne-prone on my face, but if you are, I would try with caution. I love this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by jdublew

I always get this item free with other mary kay purchases I have made. This product is not moisturising enough for my hands even during the summer. It leaves my hands feeling really dry! so its a no for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS. I work in the hospital and always have to wash my hands. Nothing I tried in the past worked before. But my boss gave this to me to try and it changed my hands texture! It's so smooth and soft and moisturized. It really made a difference.

Great investment and gift for anyone whose hands are dry like nurses or other professionals!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Right away I noticed two things about this product. 1. It rivals Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream. 2. You get about twice as much product for about half the price. This heavy duty cream is petroleum based and is meant to seal moisture into the skin by creating a water-resistant barrier between the outer layer of skin and the elements. This is why the package recommends applying it to wet hands.

I did a little experiment and applied this to damp heels and elbows as well. The next day my elbows and heels were baby soft. Using this product along with the scrub and 24 hour Hand Cream provides long lasting protection against dry, itchy skin and chafing.

I used the entire Satin Hands Treatment System before going out to a recital and dinner this evening and did a little test - I spent one hour setting up for a buffet, including touching lots of paper products and plastics, which are notorious for removing all moisture from my hands. The stayed nice and moist all through the recital and dinner - about 7 hours.

I can't wait to test this against the winter elements this Winter when my hands take a beating just doing everyday things. Now that I am older I'm paying special attention to my hands, which give a woman's age away faster than any other publicly exposed part of the body. Other than gloves, hands really have no protection at all and are exposed to heat, cold, air, germs, bacteria. dirt and all sorts of things that age them. Nice to know this helps.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a good product. It makes your hands feel nice and silky smooth. It does have an odd smell to it though that I can do without. However, like most hand creams, after two hand washes it's time to reapply, so it's not long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by ellenpbrown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't use the lotions because the smell is just too off putting for me. I however LOVE the scrub. I'm an OCD hand washer/hand sanitizer user and my hands get really rough and icky... this fixes that in an instant. In the summer I also use the scrub on my feet and though it's not indicated for it I've used it as a body scrub before fake tanning. I love the apricot smell of the scrub.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 6:50:00 AM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

I received the fragrance-free set for Christmas. The scrub is not fragrance free - it has a light, pleasant cucumber scent common to MK bath and body care products. It's quite exfoliating---the backs of my hands are a little sore if I rub too hard---but it feels great and does the job. However, it also gives me hangnails - there's no other explanation for it, since I didn't change any other products, haven't trimmed my nails, and don't get them from the hand cream or hand softener alone. The hand softener is interesting - it has a warm, grassy, hay-like smell that I imagine would really polarize people. I actually like it. However, it's so thick and greasy that it just never sinks into my skin no matter how warm and damp I get my hands beforehand, or how hard I rub. My hands actually looked more dry and flaky after the first time I used it. The hand cream is the best product in the set - it is a bit greasy, but eliminates flakiness well, especially after using the hand scrub. The fragrance-free aspect is nice, in that it's less irritating to chapped hands. However, it isn't moisturizing enough for my cuticles (although I love how soft it makes my wrist tattoo feel). In short, I really don't understand the hype about Satin Hands - I've been hearing raves about it for years, everyone from my college professors to my online friends, but it really does nothing for me, especially for the price - US$34 for the set. I'm glad I got to try it, but there's no way I'll be repurchasing the set or any of its components.