Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser

3.0

Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Prunus Cerasus Extract / Bitter Cherry Extract. May Contain: CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides.

on 2/24/2015 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Great pore eraser! Smoothes out my skin and preps my skin for foundation. Super cute packaging and great price.

on 2/19/2015 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wasn't really satisfied with this product. I never really noticed it erasing my pores or making my makeup last longer. Really it didn't do much.

on 2/18/2015 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i bought this when it first came out because the store had run out of my normal primer and even though this isn't marketed as a primer, i figured it would work ok until i could buy another. i think the packaging of this is really adorable but it was pretty expensive for like 1 ounce of product. it's clear and the texture of it reminds me of a silicone primer. but this stuff didn't really erase my pores, it really doesn't seem to make my face look any different when i wear it alone. it does work so-so as a primer, but i wouldn't repurchase it to use as a primer when there are better and cheaper products.

on 2/15/2015 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Okay, so I am old. And because of that I am trying to actually use less makeup because the cakey look is tres nasty when it settles into wrinkles.

Also, I am CHEAP so I won't pay for a name but for results.

I have never used a foundation primer. Heck, I only began using foundation as a necessity in the past 6 years. Before then, It was a special occasion kind of thing. I am what you might call a "casual girl" (cough cough on the "girl").

This product felt quite lovely on my skin. Although it's claim is that it reduces the appearance of pores, I also smoothed it into my shar pei forehead lines, "elevens" and my puppet lines. Also a tad on my eyelids. This was after I has applied my daily moisturizer and let it sit on my skin for 10 minutes.

I heeded the advice of previous reviewers and only used a tiny amount, gently sweeping outward from the center of my face.

After allowing another 10 minutes for the this primer to cure, I applied my Maybelline Visible Lift Blur foundation. I first dabbed dots of the foundation onto my brow, nose, cheeks and chin then swept it outward with a foundation brush.
Though I found this foundation to be very smooth and easy to apply prior to using the primer, I will say the primer gave the application extra "glide".

Better yet, it gave the foundation longevity. I have redness around my nose and cheeks and usually by midday, my foundation has worn off from eating, drinking, blowing my nose, etc., and looks even redder in contrast to my velvety complexion elsewhere on my face. Baby Face definitely made the foundation "stick" throughout my day.

I will say that my pores were as visible as ever, and I could still see foundation settling into them, just as before using a primer. Also, it made my skin feel a bit greasy, although when I used a tissue to blot, very little came off, and in the mirror my face did not appear shiny. Also, my "eleven" creases were somewhat blurred, but I did not notice much improvement on my forehead lines. To be fair, this product does not claim to smooth lines, just pores.

One caveat; my cheeks have broken out. Now I cannot say the primer is at fault. I never had breakouts as a young woman, but in my 40's am experiencing them rather often. As I have only been using Baby Face primer for a month, the breakout on my cheeks may be from the this product or it may be from the facial I had, or from peri menopausal shenanigans.

I will update after another month of use. But other than the bumpy cheek breakout, it is a rather good, not great, product.

ETA: I meant to post before and after photos on this review but somehow did it on the product pics area so, um, weird and gross and cannot figure how to remove them. Rather embarrassing. If anyone can help, I would be grateful.

on 2/15/2015 12:07:00 PM

I kind of like this product for some reasons. It made my face baby-like as they said. I thought it would work on oil control but once i applied it. I felt really oily yet i look so matte. It helped on reducing the fine lines and pores for me so i think it is a good pore eraser.

on 2/11/2015 10:39:00 PM

Does not work to minimize pores in any way, but does work as a primer for the whole face. A little spreads a long way and hydrates the face. I have combination skin that is oily in some places with flaky spots from acne, and this works on both areas if you rub it in enough. I don't use this to minimize pores, I use it for a primer and it works really well. There's not much in the package, so if I can find a similar primer that has a lower unit price, I'll try it.

on 2/2/2015 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Eh, this product makes me feel greasy, and i don't need to feel greasy when I am already extremely oily. This is good for my dry patches though.

I was really excited when I bought this product, however, after trying it a few times, I am a bit disappointed with it. This product minimizes pores but doesn't erase them. I tried using it as a primer for the whole face and also as a corrector for some areas of my face. To me, the Baby Skin Pore Eraser is really silicon-ish and a bit oily...it wasn't great as a primer. As a corrector, I felt like this product protected my already-damaged skin really well while minimizing pores, however, the product moves a lot due to it's silicon-ish texture. I wouldn't purchase this again because I feel like there are better primers and pore correctors out there, but overall, I'd say this is a good corrector.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This made my skin really smooth and ready to apply my make up on top of, however it did nothing to get rid of my pores even after a couple of applications, would buy again only if it was on offer!

on 2/1/2015 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Literally nothing special here. Doesn't do anything for my skin except make it feel silicone smooth. Doesn't change my skin texture or make my foundation last longer. I will use my tube up, but won't rebuy. Mally's primer so far has been the best primer I have tried so far. This one is just "eh". Cute packaging though.

Popular Primer/ Correctors