Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.4

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 8/20/2015 10:20:00 AM

So most of the reviews for this product are for its use as a contour stick, however I use it as a foundation and I really love it! Most foundations accentuate the texture of my skin and really really accentuate the fine lines I have on my forehead and around my mouth. I'm 23 and don't need to be looking like I have full on wrinkles, thanks very much...

So most foundation tends to give me that problem, high or low end. I just deal with it and accept the fact that maybe my skin just doesn't like makeup. I was at the drugstore about to pick up a new Maybelline liquid foundation that I heard good things about when I saw this stick. I tried it on the back of my hand and it was so powdery soft and smooth. I immediately bought this instead.

It gives light coverage and dries to a natural finish, which is exactly what I like. I blend it easily with my Real Techniques brush. Quick, simple, foolproof application. And it doesn't cling to dryness or make me look wrinkly!! Overall an ultimate win in my book. I really like it as a light and quick way to even out my skin tone.

on 8/18/2015 5:48:00 PM

I only got this product as it was in sale from 10 pounds to 1.50 , for what I can tell the product is light coverage , highly pigmented in colour as some of the lighter shades can be darker. Its very creamy, light on the skin. The Anti shine agent does work for a few hours. The foundation itself is more like a concealer. However I would not buy for full price.

I had used this foundation a year or so ago as my regular foundation: I had just bought one and it matched my skin. I really liked it and used it all up, and then when I bought the second one, I just didn't like it as much. I guess I got bored with it. Now I've been playing around with contouring, and I have the Smashbox Step by Step Contour Kit (powder) and the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette (powder) that I play around with. I wanted to try a stick contouring kit, but I didn't want to spend on the Smashbox version. I tried NYX Wonder Stick and liked the concept, but it was way too oily. I remember these foundation sticks and that they were pretty mattifying, so I thought I'd buy a light color and dark color and try contouring with these.

I bought Porcelain 110 (the lightest one) and Cappuccino 340 (the second from the darkest). I apply Porcelain on the center of my forehead, above my eyebrow, below my eyebrow, under my eye and on my cheekbone, down the center of my nose, on my cupid's bow, and chin. I apply Cappuccino in an E shape from my temple, to the hollow of my cheekbone, to my jawline. I'm still experimenting with how to blend; sometimes I just use my fingers, other times my Sonia Kashuk flat top brush, or my Swissco Precison Blending Sponge. I haven't decided how I best like to blend.

I like how this looks. It's matte but doesn't look dry or cakey, it still has a tiny bit of a dewy finish. I feel like it just sits on top of my face though, and if I wipe my face, a lot of makeup comes off. A setting powder (I used Elf High Definition Powder) seems to help. I'm going to continue playing with it, but I think powder contouring just works better for my oily skin.

on 8/15/2015 4:54:00 AM

I bought two of these foundation sticks at superdrug as they were doing a 3 for 2 offer and I wanted to use the darker foundation stick for contouring and the other to match my skin tone. This is the first foundation stick(s) I have tried so I have nothing to compare them to.
I have tried using this product with maybelline infallible matte primer and urban decay de-slick setting spray and I wouldn't say the foundation performed any different with or without a primer/setting spray.
I never touch up my make up throughout the day so when I put my make up on in the morning I want it to last at lease 8-10 hours.

Pros....
* I paid £8.99 which i think is really reasonable for a foundation stick as i remember people talking about the Bobbi Brown ones & I think they are close to £30.
* The foundation is beautiful on the skin. I would say it's demi matte as it almost looks like the skin is glowing which I like as I have oily skin but I don't like to look chalky.
* It is small so you can throw them in your bag or make up bag without taking up lots of space.
* It does last on the skin but I wouldn't say it stops the shine however although it does go shiney after a few hours I don't look sweaty or oily its more of a glow.
* foundation is buildable with a beauty blender.
* It glides on the skin & blends beautifully.
* It doesn't transfer.
* Texture on the skin is silky and soft.
* It hasn't caused any breakouts.

Cons...
* Shades - In the UK I have only came across 4 shades ...2 light & 2 "dark" however I wouldn't say that the dark shades are dark at all which is disappointing as I wanted to use the dark shade I bought for contouring. I believe I bought 110 & 220 ...there was a shade darker called honey which I believe was shade 230 however it appeared more orange than tan so I didn't go for that one & I don't believe it would have been dark enough to contour with either.
The shades are lighter on the skin than they look.
* Coverage - I wish the consistancy was thicker as I like more of a medium to full coverage on the skin as I have some scaring on my chin from spots in the past. It is buildable though but not to full coverage.
* Anti-shine - This foundation claims to have anti-shine technology in it however I have not seen the effects of this as I still get shiney after a few hours. As I said I have used this with primer & setting spray and I don't believe it performed any differently. I don't really like to set my make up with powder as I feel like the powder I use was making me more oily over time. (Has anyone else had this problem with translucent powder?)

I think I will continue to use this foundation and maybe try out shade honey as it may not look the same on the skin as it does in the packaging like the others.

on 8/5/2015 12:28:00 PM

(I wrote a review about my shade, Porcelain 110, as a separate product, so this is just for the formula itself).

I'm 43, and have dark circles, fine lines, deep wrinkles and some hyperpigmentation. I love, love love this formula on my early-40s skin!

Some reviewers state that it sits on top of the skin. This is actually what I like about it!! When you’re my age, with some patchy dryness and fine lines popping up around every corner, foundation and concealer settling into those lines is a Big Problem. This product won’t settle. It never settles (silicone??). It does stay on the surface, but if you are lucky enough to have a perfect color match in this line, then it doesn’t *look* like it’s on the surface! Fwiiw, I use this with and without DHC’s Velvet Skin Coat (primer), which is silicone.

Caveat: this is HG for me only 3/4 of the year. It does not work well in summer, even with primer underneath and UD All Nighter on top (I'm combination in the summer, dry in winter). :/ I still give it 5 lippies - for 9 months a year this is HG status for me.

Coverage-wise I agree it can be sheer, but I find the coverage very build-able. I use my fingers with this one. I agree that the sponge would make only the sheerest coverage possible, and a brush…since it isn’t supposed to buff into the skin, I think this, too, would not be optimal. Fingers and patting make it super-buildable and it never cakes. Amazing, really. It is build-able enough to cover redness around my nose, capillaries, discoloration around my mouth, and fading blemish redness on my chin. Smooths out sun damage on my cheeks with only sheer application. I use this under my eyes without it caking as a ‘base’ for other concealer, because my circles are very dark, but I believe it keeps other concealer products - that give me the opacity I need - from settling as well. An active red blemish would need additional concealer. (Maybelline’s 24H concealer layers very well over this foundation).

Reviewers have also said that it doesn’t dry. This I don’t agree with. Even without powder, I look finished all day wearing this (not in summer) - it doesn’t disappear on me at all. I find it dries-down quite quickly - before I’ve finished the rest of my face, certainly. It’s not that it’s wet when it goes on, it’s more…”slickery." Not in an oily way, but in a silicone-y way. I can immediately layer concealer over it, for instance. And a cream blush. Powder makes me feel more secure on days when I need to spackle it on, but I don’t *need* the powder. As to shininess, I disagree too (not shiny on me), but I speculate that my experience may be because of my paleness - colors and formulas just look and react differently in what is, essentially, the absence of much pigment.

CONCLUSION: Would I buy this in a vacuum, if I could find my shade in virtually any foundation? Unsure, because I have lots of formulaic wants, such as light reflection (this has none), and am always on the look for ‘better’ because my choices are so limited (I'm über fair). Historically I don't default to drugstore makeup, however times have changed, and at $6-8, this is not only my drugstore HG foundation, but also my HG, period. So yes, I repurchase again…and again…and...

on 7/30/2015 10:59:00 PM

This is just about a HG for me in the summer. I hadn't used many (any? I can't remember) stick foundations before this one, but I really wanted to try one. I finally broke down and got this because of its claim of shine control, which is a big issue for me, especially in the hot and humid summer months.

Pros:
-A shade light enough for me! (I have it in the lightest shade, Porcelain)
-Compact size is great for tossing in a purse or carrying in your pocket
-Really does seem to help control oil
-Ok coverage (I'd say light/medium)
-Goes on smooth and blends easily
-Feels very light on my skin
-Hasn't caused breakouts (a rarity for me and foundations)
-Holds up well in the heat and humidity, unlike most of my other foundations
-It's great for touchups throughout the day, or when you're in a hurry

Cons:
-It's a bit pricey for drugstore makeup (I think I paid close to $10 for it)
-Could have better coverage (it minimizes the redness I have all over, as well as my acne scars, but doesn't totally hide them)
-I'm not really a fan of the stick, but I wipe it down with an alcohol swab after using it
-I don't think it will last long because there's not a lot of product
-I haven't been able to build the coverage without it looking cakey
-Clings to dry patches
-Has a weird finish on my skin, almost like there's shimmer in it. It doesn't look oily or greasy, though.

Overall, I like this foundation and I will probably continue using it when it's hot and humid. I like that it helps keep shine down (I still use blotting sheets because my T-zone gets very oily sometimes) without using a powder to set it, and it doesn't make me dry like a lot of other foundations with oil control have in the past.

If you have a lot of redness, like me, this probably won't totally cover it. But, it does really tone down my redness. I have a lot of acne scars, and I'm prone to breakouts still, and this doesn't cover that completely either. It does make them less noticeable, though. I think if you want something blemishes totally covered, you'll need to use concealer.

It's more expensive than I would like, but for something I'll probably only purchase once or twice a year, I'm ok with it. I think the pros outweigh the cons, so unless they change the formula or something, I'll probably continue to purchase this when I need something to help with oil.

ETA: I've had some dry patches from my acne control toner, and this stuff clings to those really bad. So if you have any dry patches or dry skin all over, I would suggest skipping this one. I knocked it down a lippy after using it a bit more because I don't like it as much as I did at first.

on 7/14/2015 12:12:00 AM

I use this product to contour I noticed it lasts ALL day for me so I deffinetly love this.

on 7/13/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Purchased this at Target about a week ago for around $6-7 for cream contouring purposes. I have tan skin (NW 42-45ish?) and selected the darkest shade "Coconut"/#355. This is my first time using a twist up, stick foundation . . . the packaging is pretty basic, but does the job. The formula is creamy, pigmented, and blends well. I swipe the foundation stick with a concealer brush and apply it where I want to contour. I then apply my tinted moisturizer and blend away any harsh lines between the two. Overall, I like it. I do find that it helps my bronzer sit a bit better and helps it to look more defined. It's a good, and cheap option for cream contouring. I can't say how it is as an all over foundation though!!

I hate this foundation. For the price, which is around $20 in Australia, you get next to no product. I did not use much each day, but it was finished in two weeks. I have normal, non-sensitive skin, but this foundation really irritated my skin. For the first few hours of wear, my skin was so itchy. The foundation has also really dried out my skin. It looks nice and wears well throughout the day, but for the price, the little product, and the itchiness, it's really not worth it in my opinion.

Hope this helps someone! x

on 6/29/2015 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ladies this makeup is DA BOMB DOT COM!!! I applied this makeup at 7:30 am, straight from the stick onto my skin and smoothed with a sponge. (I had already applied serums, moisturizer, sunscreen and primer.) Very smooth application and buildable to a medium finish. I have dry skin and this did not seem drying, nor overly moist. It set to a semi-matte finish, as promised. It's now 6:00 pm and this Maybelline foundation has worn as good, if not better than my Urban Decay Naked Skin. I am a tad shiney, but face it, your t-zone's going to shine after 6 hours. Now, I know I won't have difficulty taking it off because of my cold cream and shower, but it doesn't seem to be more difficult to remove than any other foundation. What I like, specifically, is your fingers don't get goopy!! Sounds whiney, but I dislike getting foundation all over my fingers, to have to wipe them off and pick up mu brush/sponge. I guess I'm easy to please. Unless this breaks me out, and I rarely break out, this is going to be my 1st choice everyday foundation.

UPDATE: One week later and there is NOTHING I don't like about this product!! I'd say Holy Grail, but when you do that, they change it or discontinue it. I reach for this over UD, MUFE and IT CC cream. Going to buy some in darker colors for contour, like others have mentioned. Yep, still 5 lippies! Would give this product more, if I could.

Popular Stick Foundations