Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love it.

Love the scent - zingy citrus - love the little pot, love the texture.

I have hideous cuticles that dry out really easily and look horrible. I have to oil and push them back (just with my fingers) at least once a day or they grown onto my nails. Horrible.

I have a lovely oil but it's not great for travel, I worry that the glass will break. Also it has a tendency to drip so is annoying when I'm at work.

This is perfect. I also use it on my lips and it is just as lovely.

Would and will buy again.

This is a good and effective treatment for rough skin around the nails - and I think you could almost call it a protectant instead of just a moisturizer because of its waxy consistency. With its fresh scent it´s a pleasure to use and easy to travel with due to its compact packaging which won´t spill.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I had to stop buffing my nails (that's another story), which used to keep my nails looking very smooth and shiny. I've noticed that despite wearing lotion frequently, my nails were starting to look dry. Not brittle, they are stronger than ever, but just very dry. So I've started using this product, and my nails look healthier and smoother :-)

I love this stuff! ! ! I use it all the time.The products isn't really a cream per say, it's more of a thin salve.It lightly moisturizes with out being sticky or overly oily.As for the scent,it smells like. . well lemon it's not a sickening artificial lemon cleaner scent but a real natural lemon aroma.The packaging is in my opinion adorable.It is a small metal tin.its small and compact enough to carry in a purse, backpack etc without pain.I noticed some people have trouble opening the tin. but If you simply hold the lid with your non-dominant hand and with your other hand pull the lid down,it should open up quite easily.I completely recommend this product it's easy on the bank and gets the job done

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm not really a fan of this cuticle cream. Firstly it's not really a cream, it's a thick balm which I find is rather sticky.
For me it didn't apply well, it does not spread easily and stays sticky for a long time. It didn't appear to do very much for my nails and did not leave my cuticles soft. I prefer a product with jojoba oil in it as it leaves my actual nails in a good condition.
This product I found, is good for winter when the weather can be harsher on skin and keeps my hands moisturised better during the day than oils because the wax locks in the moisture but I don't think it does anything that a regular hand cream couldn't do. Also it does not actually add any moisture to the hands/cuticles/nails itself.

The ingredients in this product were also rather cheap for me (vegetable oil, soybean oil, almond oil, canola oil, sunflower oil) and I don't think the price is justified when a good oil like jojoba and a heay duty hand cream would be cheaper.

That being said a little does go a way but I cannot say just how long it lasts as I don't use it that often.The scent is lemon and it can be a bit strong at times and give me a headache.

It's an ok product and it's handy during winter months but I would not buy it again and it's definitely not a replacement for something like Kiss Bliss or CND Solar Oil which actually do something for your nails

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love love LOVE this cuticle product. It absorbs in quicker than other cuticle oil or cream. The smell, however, changes over time from a tingy citrus smell to a weird citrus smell, but I'm not concern about that. The application, however, is a little bit hard, because you gotta rub your fingers on the cream and rub it on your nails, which can be a trouble for people with long nails, like me, since it gets all messy and gross.

I apply it after I soak my nails in olive oil or milk, egg and honey, or after I paint my nails :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this cream based on recommendations from the Nail Board and it is the most effective cuticle cream I have tried! It comes in a generously sized tin, and as you only use a very small bit at a time, it will last you a very long time. I paint my nails very regularly and the nail polish remover dries out my cuticles. I also suffer from hang nails and my nails often break when I am at work. I use this cream in the morning and at night before bed and the difference is noticeable - even after only a day or two of use! At first, your cuticles will feel softer and, after time, you will notice a reduction in hangnails and nail peeling or breaking. This product should be HG for those with dry cuticles. It is a very good quality product.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This stuff is the best! It's great for daily (or ten times a day) use. I used to have nasty cuticles, but this has worked wonders on them! Also, it smells like lemony Heaven. All nice and clean after using the cream consistently for a week or two. It doesn't moisturize the nail plate very much, but more than just a normal hand lotion would. I went through a sample tin, but I've been using a full size one for nearly a whole year and it's only half gone, so it's absolute steal at $3. As some people have said, it can be a tiny bit greasy/waxy, but it's not enough that it really bothers me. The tin can be a bit difficult to open if you have lotion-y hands, so it would be cool if it were flip-top or something else.

If you have problems with rough looking cuticles, this is definitely worth a try!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

UPDATE: I posted a photo, but there is a dramatic and visible difference between my old and new product, lol. They're totally different colors, and now that I can compare the smell, the new one smells so much better. I've replaced it and I'm writing this to advise you all to do the same if your tin is old!

There are lots of cuticle creams out there, but this is the only one you'll ever need. It's best to use it regularly to have healthy cuticles and nails, but every time I have a hangnail or my cuticles look a little rough, this stuff literally fixes it overnight. I'm not exaggerating in the slightest. My cuticles could be the driest, most cracked cuticles you ever saw, and if I put this on that night, I would have the cuticles of a hand model the next morning. Not to mention the wonderful lemony smell. This is a huge no-no but my tin is currently four years old, and it still works like it does the day I got it, plus I haven't even reached the bottom of the container (I know I should replace it though, and I plan to do so soon). The only downside to this product is the hard-to-open container - I broke off half my nail just the other day while trying to open this. It's fine though - my nail is healing perfectly well thanks to this cuticle cream. If you can't tell, I love and recommend it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't get why this is a necessity. I really like the product, but I didn't find myself reaching for it often. It softens the cuticles, has a nice light lemony scent and is easy to use when you get past the "hard" layer. I won't be repurchasing because I don't feel the need to own a cuticle cream.

Popular Treatments