July 31, 2014 | 1715 users online

Mascara - Essence - I love extreme crazy volume

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by nirvana9

I am loving this mascara. I prefer dramatic lashes and this delivers. It is advertised as a volume mascara but I find it very lengthening too. The brush is wonderful - tons of tiny bristles that grab and separate my lashes while still delivering volume. It also holds a curl really well. At the price point, you can't go wrong. Especially with other drugstore mascaras going for up to $12 CAD

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! It holds a curl well, and it adds length and volume. I haven't experienced smudges either.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by jhuaniey

I absolutely ADORE this mascara. I've had another Essence mascara a couple years ago (it was pink and small but I forgot the name) and I loved it as well but I have NEVER found anything like this. I've always been a huge Essence fan but I haven't tried any of their mascaras in a long time and now I am pleasantly surprised when I got this. 4.99$ at Ulta? I thought I'd pick it up. Yknow. Whateves. I try it on the next day and DAMN. My lashes are pretty long and hold a good curl but I always want volume. I've tried MANY MANY mascaras from drugstore and high end brands and even my previous favorites never managed to give me THE look that this Essence mascara gives. Tons of volume at the base and lengthens my lashes and it coats them evenly. extremely black, quite a wet formula (it was messy at first but after a day or two I figured out how to use it and it was fine), and NO SMUDGES! Reminds me of how the lash blast volume or the maybelline rocket mascaras hold up.Probably even better actually. And taking this off was easier to me than any mascara I've ever used. I just picked up a backup today and this mascara is now my new holy grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by minipuiu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this mascara. It is a perfect dupe for another favourite of mine, Boombastic mascara from gosh, with the difference that the essence one gives a bit more length. Plus, it is a third of the price here in UK. I admit it might be a bit hard to get used to the brush, but I have never had a problem with it, unlike Max Factor's False lash effect, which always ends up on my eyelids.
I can use up to 4 coats without it looking clumpy and I haven't experienced any flaking or smudging. But I don't use it on my lower lashes, so I don't know how it would work on the bottom lid.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by musiqphile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Usually I manage to find a way to salvage a mascara by pairing it up with another that brings the best out of both products but not so with I Love Extreme Crazy Volume (ILECV). I haven't yet found a partner for it that justifies the purchase. There is nothing remotely extreme or crazy about the volume this mascara imparts; that it, it doesn't give any. It takes the curl out of my lashes, doesn't lengthen or volumize. What I'm left with are my lashes just slightly more defined and heavier. I've learned to expect very little out of Essence mascaras; the only one I've like so far has been the one that looks like a neon highlighter pen: Stays No Matter What 24hr. All others have been a washout. I do like the brush of ILECV though--it's a plastic spiky thing that would help comb clumps out lashes so I'll save that once I've given up on the rest of the tube. The packaging is cute but I'd rather have a product that works than just looks pretty on my counter.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by queenwitch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wish I could rate this 3.5 stars. Let me start off by saying, I LOVE the other/toned down version of this, "I Love Extreme volume mascara", the one in the black tube. For five dollars, you really can't go wrong. I decided that I would try out it's "crazy" sister. I really want to love this mascara, but for now, I would say I'm decently satisfied.
Perhaps it's just the tube I happened to get, but I found the formula to be slightly wet for my personal taste; I'm someone that likes to brush it on 3-5 times during the first layer and I found this to clump pretty easily. It may just be my own eyelashes but I found them to also clump in a way that I couldn't roll with/say that it still looks alright. I didn't run into this problem if I brushed it on once, gently, and then waited, however, I can do this twice at most before I run into a bit of the clumping problem again. I'm also not sure if it's because the formula is so wet or if it's the brush, since I also find this brush seems to pick up A LOT of the formula. (That might be where my clumping problem is coming from.) Perhaps I just need to learn how to apply it a different way with this type of brush, but I don't run into this problem when I use other plastic brushes, such as Benefit's "They're Real". Also, I've never had this problem with mascara before but, while it's drying, if I do something like shut my eyes really quickly, it very easily rubs off onto my bottom eyelid and if my eyelid moves up a lot it also gets on my upper lid, like, a lot of it. I like Essence mascara so I want to believe that I'm just applying it wrong.
Despite some of the issues I had with this product, I still liked it, it's just annoying with the way I have to apply it so it doesn't clump up/rub off. I'll bear with it for now and use it when I need to, but when this runs out/dries up (might not cause it's so wet!) I probably won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've heard a lot of really rave reviews for this mascara, so I placed an order for it through Ulta. First of all, you can't beat the price of $4.99. For that price, it wouldn't be a huge loss for me if it turned out I didn't like it. Well, I love it! This stuff is good, and I think it's going to be my go-to from here on out. The tube is just huge - there has to be 2-4 grams more product than your typical mascaras. The brush is also huge, but it really didn't bother me. I found that it was able to reach every little lash from corner to corner. The formula itself is "just right". Not thin and wet, and not thick and dry. It's a nice inky black color, goes on easily, and I haven't experienced any transfer. It definitely delivers plenty of volume and gives me a nice thick fringe of lashes. It's easily buildable without clumping, too. Another added bonus is that it's quite lengthening, also! After the mascara dries, it doesn't feel heavy or make my lashes feel hard. I am seriously impressed with this stuff and will be making another order from Ulta for back-ups.
Update 7/22/14: I am still seriously happy with this mascara, but the one thing I did not mention previously is how it washes off. Not very easily, I'm afraid. I have waterproof mascara that comes off more easily. I would typically use Philosophy's cleanser to take off all make-up, but it barely touched this stuff. If I don't use a thick cleansing balm to get this off, I use run-of-the-mill cold cream. That does the trick.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by smuckers85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome!! Better than many of the high end mascara's I've tried - and for the price of $4.99 you can't go wrong. Try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by ElectricEmma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara! The only reason I'm not giving it a five is because it tends to pick up too much product on the brush so you need to wipe off a fair bit before you use it. Other than that, fab! If you want enormous, thick lashes with a lot of volume this is the mascara for you. The price and cute packaging isn't bad either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Meshmmesha772000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great mascara . It's my first mascara from Essence and I am really impressed . The reviewers here have described it beautifully , so let me add some pros & cons I have noticed myself :
Pros :
- One coat is enough for a rather dramatic look if you have good lashes .
- Good formula which is neither runny nor thick , dries quickly .
- 12 ml. Tube wich is much bigger quantity than most mascaras that are either 8 ml or 10 at most .
- Great price , though not cheap in my country but still good .
- Very easily removed without any annoying "Panda eyes" residue .
-Feels comfortable on the eye .
- Lengths , gives a decent volume and the best part for me EXCELLENT definition and holds a curl .
- Didn't flake or smudge though I live in a warm country .
Cons:
-If you have rather small eyes , you have to practise a bit with the wand .
- Not volumnising enough in one coat as it claims but no biggie for me as I have thick lashes which I need to define more .
Very good product that I will buy again for sure .
Update : 5 lippies for standing heat & sweat for more than 8 hours :)