October 24, 2014 | 1890 users online

Mascara - Essence - I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by sunny899

This mascara looked fab when i applied it, other members saying it makes it look like u are wearing false lashes are right,it really does. Sadly..after a few hours this completly flakes out on me and literally crumbles so my eyes are a black itchy mess....not a good look..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Kshedrock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love this mascara and I will be purchasing this until they stop makin it. I found Essence "I love extreme crazy volume" masara through reviews, I wanted a highly reviewed mascara. I am a mascara junkie and I have yet to find one that I can't live without. Seeing how so many people were saying "wow" I thought for $4.99 I could try it. While I was at Ulta I was looking at Urban Decay mascara and if anybody knows their mascara the brush is a lot like the brush for "Big Fatty".

So... It is a wet formula but I can deal, what I do to keep my lashes from sticking together is put one light coat of maybelline colossal, let that dry and then with a gentle hand I put 1 heavy coat of "I love extreme crazy volume" it gives me volume and crazy length. The color is black as can be and once it dries my lashes are soft. If I put one more coat on it looks like I have falsies on! Someone asked if putting falsies on was hard. Ha! Love love love this mascara. I would say that the first few times is trial and error because it is wet and the brush is huge. I think it's definitely best to let your first coat dry before the next... And the next.
A lot of people said they loved it but it flaked on them or the staying power wasn't good yet had a hard time washing it off. I found that the staying power is awesome. It outlasts the rest of my makeup on my face and it washes off just fine, whatever is left over I use a tiny bit of lotion to rub on my eyes and remove with a cloth.

I have to say again how awesomely HUGE my lashes look with this on, the tips go past the crease in my eyelid and they fan out like falsies. For $4.99 you cannot go wrong and it's a huge tube! I can't find anything negative to say and I have had it for almost 2 weeks. You want this mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by twee420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do not have a good relationship with my eyelashes. They are poker straight (difficulty achieving any kind of a curl) and they are very short in size too. So logically, I should go for a lengthening mascara.. not a volumizing one. This is what brings me to this specific product. I bought it by mistake, I didn't read the label carefully and didn't see that it is a volumizing product. You see, I've had so much success with Essence's 'I love' range (the glossy kajal pencil is too die for) that I neglected to check the specifics.

But boy, am I happy that I accidentally purchased this.

Unlike other volumizing mascaras I have tried, this stuff was a dream to put on and the applicator was ideal for my short eyelashes. The formula itself is decent and the colour pay off is a true black.

If I could make a recommendation it would be to WAIT for one coat to dry before applying a second coat as this will cause clumping.

Other then that, I am in love. A customer even asked me was I wearing false eyelashes while I was wearing this mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2014 7:07:00 AM More reviews by thatgirlwho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So, one layer of this mascara leads to a pretty basic mascara. As soon as you apply the second layer it goes so clumpy, my lashes all stick together and it's just a hot mess. I've tried it a few times now and always get the same results. I'd pass on this one and get the essence "get big lashes" mascara instead. The wand bristles are also super short and it's easy to poke yourself in the eye with this!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Nickz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an over hyped cheap drugstore mascara. After I saw so many positive reviews online and even in a magazine I really wanted to make it work for me.I wiped off the excess and applied the mascara only on my top lashes(I usually do this). It looked ok at first nothing extreme or impressive just a very basic mascara, didn't do much in terms of curling or volumizing even though I have pretty long lashes anyways.And then a few hours later most of the mascara had transferred from my eyelashes to my bottom eyelid.I had panda eyes for the rest of the evening and I find that this is the case with really cheap mascaras from essence or NYC.You are better off buying a more expensive one that does the job cause this is literally a waste of money.I know it's only a few euros but you might as well throw it out the window.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Joyce7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this at Ulta based on the reviews here. Once again, thank you MUA for another great tip! This mascara is great esp. for the price. You get nice, full, long lashes quickly and I love that it's a really dark pitch black color. The reason this didn't rate a full 5 stars (I would have given it 4.5 if possible) from me is that the formula is really wet and I have to practically mop it off my eyelids after applying, and it can be a little clumpy, but nothing that an eyelash comb can't fix.

Overall, a very good mascara for under $5.00. Can't beat that.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by lindylu2202

This stuff is good....reallll good. The brush is long, but I love it, I feel like I can really get in there and get all my lashes. I have a tendency to miss the inner corner and very outer lashes, this mascara really helps with that problem. I like the formula, not too wet, not too dry. The amount of volume you are looking for can really be played with. You can do one or two coats and have pretty big lashes or you can do 3 or 4 and have huge lashes. I really like how versitale this mascara is. I have gone through a billion types of mascara, I believe I will be repurchasing, which is rare, because I am usually half way satisfied and still on the hunt. The hunt is over for awhile, I like this stuff!

Edited to add, this does NOT flake on me at all. By the end of the day my lashes are still looking big and perfect.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by aemccall81

This is a good drugstore mascara. I think I have unreal expectations of mascara because in every ad they're either photoshopped or have false lashes on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really liked the way this mascara looked after initial application. It was cheap (I think $4.99 at Ulta) and I liked that too. You can really add some drama by adding more on. But by mid-day I noticed a had a TON of flakes around my eye, and then by the end of the day it was mostly worn off. And I had a black eye. Can't believe noone else seems to be having this problem. I wouldn't buy again because it just seems to flake too much. I'm on day 3 of trying this and having the same issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Tamarachehade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not the kind of girl who buys cheap makeup. I love saving my money and buying beautiful expensive products. However, every time i pass my the essence corner in my grocery store I pick up some products just for fun.

Fortunately I picked up this mascara. It was a revelation, truly.
I've tried plenty of mascaras; Lancome's made my eyes blood red, Chanel were not very impressive,

So Dior's were till now the best I tried.
Then I tried this mascara. I literally screamed "WOW" when i finished the first layer.

Really, you need to try this

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No