Alberto Vo5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Ammonium Chloride, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Tocopheryl Acetate, Biotin, Thiamine HCI, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (Parfum), Blue 1 (CI 420990), Yellow 5 (CI-19140).

on 8/8/2015 9:33:00 PM

I found this in a HUGE pump bottle at the store for about $2.
My hair needed a fresh start and I'm not a HUGE fan of Suave so I went with this one. Wow am I glad I did! It smells great, lathers well, and cleans the conditioning gunk off my head. My skin is also left feeling totally refreshed because it's not a thick, moisturizing product.
I pair it with whatever conditioners I want, including Pantene and JASON. My hair is light, bouncy, and feels like it's starting with a clean slate.
You can't find it everywhere so when I come across the giant bottles, I stock up.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've used V05 shampoos/conditioners for years now on and off and have always felt they were a great bang for my buck. They usually cost less than $1 and far exceed the "you get what you pay for" assumptions. I think I paid about 79 cents for this particular bottle of shampoo. For reference, I have very long, heat damaged, but never chemically treated in any way hair that becomes very greasy (especially if I add product to it). The longest I can go without shampooing my hair is about two days. Even this is a stretch, and I tend to skip washes when I know I'm only working and can wear it up mostly. I did not consciously choose this shampoo because it is clarifying and have just began learning about the difference between clarifying shampoos vs. "regular" ones. Now that I've tested a couple out, I will say I do not think this shampoo is more or less clarifying than other shampoos from V05. It does a great job of cleansing my hair and getting all the grease/product out. I feel that it's gentle enough to be used regularly as opposed to sparingly (as true clarifying shampoos are typically used). I suppose it depends on your hair type. If you feel your hair is stripped of moisture after shampooing, this shampoo (and probably most clarifying shampoos) are not for you. If you're someone with a lot of product buildup, you can probably get away with using this regularly. It develops into a nice lather and my hair feels soft and clean after using this (plus a conditioner)! I really like the scent of this particular shampoo, especially since it's summertime now. I will definitely repurchase!

on 6/11/2015 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo is great! It does a good job of getting all the buildup products that I've used on my hair. I use it when my hair starts feeling dull,and after I use it my hair is soft and shiny. I adore the scent, u will wanna use it all the time but I only use about once every 2 or 3 weeks since it's a clarifying shampoo. It's dirt cheap and works!

on 5/17/2015 3:14:00 AM

It smells AMAZING!!I love this shampoo really cleans my head good and is just all around a good buy and very cheap cant argue with that!

on 4/21/2015 10:15:00 AM

The Kiwi Shampoo and conditioner is great. I mainly use Clarifying Shampoo in the summer, because the humidity causes build up on my scalp. These I find very moisturizing! The Shampoo cleans great!

My favorite scent from.vo5.. I got mine on sale at walmart for .89 cents. Im really like this but the conditioner isnt my favorite. I love it!!

on 4/14/2015 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is just the best clarifying shampoo. I picked it up for only $0.79 cents along with the matching conditioner. I used Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo and Conditioner first. They worked well, but I prefer V05. I love the light fruity scent. It completely clarifies the hair in one wash without leaving it dry. And the gel formula lathers really well. I definitely have to condition after using this shampoo, but I would do that anyway. My hair actually feels lighter and a little thicker after washing with this. If you're a frequent shampooer like me, this is a nice shampoo to rotate with once or twice a week.

on 4/11/2015 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I like to use this a few times a month. I don't ever really feel the need to necessarily clarify, but I've heard it's good and I feel like hair gets a tiny bit of life for a while afterward. I like this one better versus Suave because I feel like Suave completely strips my hair of anything whatsoever and Suave shampoos make my hair fall out big time. I shampoo my hair twice a day, so I'll just use it one night, maybe paired with a conditioner

Just tried this for the first time in years. It smells really nice but not overpowering, lathers well, clears buildup off hair and leaves it very light. You absolutely need a conditioner afterward but I picture this as the perfect summer shampoo because of the fragrance and consistency.
I think they updated the formula because the ingredients list on the new pump bottles differs from that of the smaller containers. I love a simple cleanser; basic, effective, inexpensive, which produces abundant bubbles and doesn't leave gunky nastiness behind. One thing though: you might experience dry hair if you're used to creamy shampoos. You might feel like it's stripping your hair and in a way, it is. But hair picks up pollutants and soaks in styling oils, so the occasional super-cleansing is helpful.
That being said, if you have unusually oily skin, this will definitely cure the problem. Perfect for teenagers going through the awkward skin phase, and adults who can't use those heavy body/face washes that act like lotions with lather. I like those sometimes but other days, I prefer a more thorough cleansing.
EDIT: Been using for a few weeks now and I notice my hair stays so much cleaner longer. I could go without washing if I chose for a couple days. Pretty sure they changed the formula recently and now it's much better. The cleaning power seems to be jacked whereas the previous formula was a little less potent. LOVE THIS SHAMPOO!

on 2/21/2015 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Well what can I say...some things you just can't buy cheap, but for 79ยข this shampoo is a gem. I'm not sure if I would use this every day because it probably would dry out your hair over time...but it is FANTASTIC as a clarifier. My hair is curly but very fine and I unfortunately have to wash it every day or it looks oily especially around my ears. This washes away all traces of oil, dirt, and product buildup, and it smells lovely. My hair is squeaky clean and bouncy after washing with this. It couldn't be any worse for your hair than any other shampoo (Garnier, Pantene, Aussie). I mean at the end of the day, sulfates are what gets your scalp clean, which is what I want. So I vote yes for V05 shampoos...works for my hair and my budget.

Popular Shampoos