October 30, 2014 | 1354 users online

Lip Treatments - Fresh - Sugar Lip treatment SPF15 Petal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is just lovely. I was worried when I purchased it because I thought it wouldn't show up on me but it does. It's a gorgeous, fresh (no pun intended) take on the everyday brownish-pink/pinky-brown I've been wearing for years--lighter in texture and slightly lighter in color, more feminine and flattering, yet sophisticated. On my pigmented lips, it's a midtone dusty pink and looks slightly darker than it does in the tube. And it's easy to adjust the depth of color by the amount you apply. One swipe is great for a casual look; more for a dressier or more professional take. I love the Fresh Tinted Lip Treatments and have no problems with the scent/texture, but that's personal preference. I highly recommend this if you're looking for an everyday shade that's pretty yet appropriate for pretty much any occasion.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

such a beautiful natural dusty pink color and is so moisturizing. the light lemon sweet scent is addictive and the color pay off is actually really great. just a natural, very easy to wear lippy. i want them all now..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by jenniferashton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've always been a fan of the Fresh sugar balms. I've tried a few colors and my go to was always the rose shade. Saw this in sephora and gave it a try and really loved the color - this will probably become my new go to.

The color is a lovely neutral pink with beige undertones that will allow it to flatter most skin tones though I'm not sure about the palest of complexions. It's definitely a gorgeous natural lip - more opaque than most of the other balms but I like that since it looks a little more polished.

The consistency is the same as the other sugar balms and that is the reason these are such crowd pleasers. Very creamy and incredibly moisturizing. Don't leave it out in the heat or it's sure to melt and you'll be back at the store buying a replacement because you won't be able to live without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by CupcakeKiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

My personal favorite shade of the Fresh Sugar line!

Pros:
-Gorgeous natural rosy pink nude-y color
-Amazing smooth texture
-more moisturizing than a lipstick (!)
-More pigmented than expected, about as much as a lip butter or glossy crayon
-very natural color for any season.

About my look/coloring: I am incredibly fair, with ashy blonde hair and a naturally rosy tinge to my skin and very naturally pigmented lips. Most nude lipsticks are too light and make me look dead. I picked this one up right before a job interview in NYC (Along with a little treat, Dior's 'bouqet' nail color, super lovely!) and immediately felt confident. My ideal MLBB shade. ALTHOUGH IT LOOKS a little MUDDY in the tube, ITS NOT ON YOUR LIPS! It's more neutral than Fresh Sugar Rose, which is a subtle pink. When i wear this I feel like it immediately brings color to my face. I think it would be gorgeous on all skin tones, except perhaps if you have a very yellowy tinge to your skin. Olive/deep/pink skin tones I think would look amazing with this color!

Given that it is super moisturizing, it does slide off a bit, so I use a bit of toilet paper (not tissue, that leaves fibers and white stuff on my lips) to blot it, and sometimes use a little bit of lipliner before. You will have to reapply, as this is not long lasting stuff.

i think what I like most about this product is that even when my lips are dry and cracked, I can put this on and they feel better and LOOK good. I can't do that with regular lipstick. That's why this one always has a place in my clutch during a night out.

HOWEVER, the price is steep. A good alternative I've been using is Revlon color burst lip butter in "pink truffle". They appear pretty similarly on my lips, despite the differences in the tubes/packaging. The texture is different, Petal is more smooth, but I find the "pink truffle' to be just as moisturizing and not sticky. (Thanks to MUA reviewers who reccomended this one, I wouldnt have even thought to purchase it without your reviews! It's my new HG! All my love!)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by rtboomer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not happy with this at all. Way too dark and did not moisturize alot and actually accentuated my lip wrinkles. Thought petal would be light pink which is was not on me, I just bought Maybelline baby lips in pink punch and like it. It doesnt last forever but gave me the moisture and color I was looking for. Light pink and not OVERLY glossy. I am getting more colors in this as its more reasonably priced and feels better overall on me and doesnt taste bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by jen5276

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is just ok for me. The color is kind of dark and muddy, and the texture wears off quickly, at least on me. For the price, I was disappointed. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by makeupmehappy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my new favorite Fresh Sugar Balm. I had previously been loyal to Honey, which I still really like, but Petal is LOVE. This color just does great things for my whole face. And I love how creamy and non-shimmery it is. As much as I hate to admit it, my days of super-glossy, shimmery lips are over. But with this around, I don't even mind. I like the opacity and pigment level of the Petal, Honey and Coral, which pack a little more punch and feel like a nice, creamy lipstick. Living in a super-dry, desert climate means I'm reapplying several times a day, no matter what lip product I use. My only issue with the Sugar balms is how fragile they are. I can't carry the in my purse in the summer months because they melt so fast in the heat, which is why I'm removing one lippie.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by svang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip treatment is LOVE. I've been venturing into the world of lips, and I stumbled across this gem. When I first put it on, I loved the natural color. It is a flattering warm pink nude. But what really lured me in over time was that it softened my lips immensely. I don't use many lipglosses or lipsticks. I tend to use Blistex chapstick and certain lipstains only. I love the texture of this! Very soft and creamy, and the perfect amount of sheer pugmentation. I definitely recommend. However, I am taking one lippie off because while it worked gloriously initially, I have noticed that my lips have been drying out more than usual after using this for a month.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the 1st Fresh Lip Treatment where I will purchase the full size. This is the best MLBB colour I have used in a long time, and it is super pigmented! The formula is buttery soft and has a pink lemonaide scent to me. It doesn't dry my lips at all in fact they feel super moisturized. Also the colour Petal is a little darker than my lips. NW15-20, N1 for reference and this shade really goes well with my complexion. The tube is excellent because it keeps unwanted things out it stores great in my bag, and I can apply it without a mirror. Really great shade that you should really give this a try. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by themarshmalo

LOVE THIS! This is a perfect natural lip color. It is so hard to find a gloss in a good color that actually moisturizes and has SPF! These are pretty pricey, but I try to buy them when Sephora has a sale. Besides the color, they feel absolutely great going on, taste and smell good, and I also like the unique packaging. The fact that it screws together is cool. Anyway, I will probably be wearing this one for life! HG!