Fresh Sugar Lip treatment SPF15 Petal

4.2

I remember using this a few years ago when I received it as a Sephora bonus. Call me crazy, but I think the formula has changed! I remember it being more pigmented, smooth, and creamy. I purchased this product in the shade "Petal," which is supposed to be a subtle, nude tint. On my lips, it appeared more coral. The ingredients also irritated my lips, giving me redness around the mouth. The only upside to this product is the gorgeous smell! Very citrus-y and slightly sweet. However, I am not willing to pay the crazy sum of $24 for something as basic as a pleasing scent. The sunscreen ingredients are also unstable when combined, so the product does not offer the SPF 15 that it advertises. I ended up returning it, and would not purchase it again. For anyone interested in a subtle tint with no sun protection, try Nivea Kiss of Cherry. (This is a great dupe for the Fresh Sugar Rose balm.) Just remember to add a sunscreen underneath it. For a great, citrus scented lip balm, try Jane Iredale's lip drink. Very similar scent to Fresh's overpriced product!

on 11/13/2014 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Canadian winters are approaching and they are not forgiving at all - especially to my poor lips :(. I've used a few different tinted lip balms before (ex. Burt's Bee's), but this is by far my favourite! The packing is absolutely beautiful; I love how it is a twist cap so no more accidents of caps coming off in my bag. However, the material of the tube is this... metal finish, so it does get scratched easily :(.

I originally bought this product in Tulip, but I couldn't feel comfortable it in, since my comfort zone is in the nude/pinky tones. THIS SHADE IS PERFECCCCTTTTT. It's exactly the shade that I was looking for!

It's difficult to describe the scent of the product, but it does smell quite pleasant :). It isn't overpowering, but it doesn't smell like I slathered Vaseline on my lips. The texture is very comfortable; the product stays on my lips, it feels thick enough to be moisturizing, but it does not feel too sticky.

I used this product ALL THE TIME. Although it is a bit more on the expensive side (~$26CAD), I do feel the difference between something like this on the high end side versus a product like Burt's Bees or Nivea. WILL REPURCHASE FOR SURE!!!

on 9/19/2014 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is just lovely. I was worried when I purchased it because I thought it wouldn't show up on me but it does. It's a gorgeous, fresh (no pun intended) take on the everyday brownish-pink/pinky-brown I've been wearing for years--lighter in texture and slightly lighter in color, more feminine and flattering, yet sophisticated. On my pigmented lips, it's a midtone dusty pink and looks slightly darker than it does in the tube. And it's easy to adjust the depth of color by the amount you apply. One swipe is great for a casual look; more for a dressier or more professional take. I love the Fresh Tinted Lip Treatments and have no problems with the scent/texture, but that's personal preference. I highly recommend this if you're looking for an everyday shade that's pretty yet appropriate for pretty much any occasion.

on 9/6/2014 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

such a beautiful natural dusty pink color and is so moisturizing. the light lemon sweet scent is addictive and the color pay off is actually really great. just a natural, very easy to wear lippy. i want them all now..

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've always been a fan of the Fresh sugar balms. I've tried a few colors and my go to was always the rose shade. Saw this in sephora and gave it a try and really loved the color - this will probably become my new go to.

The color is a lovely neutral pink with beige undertones that will allow it to flatter most skin tones though I'm not sure about the palest of complexions. It's definitely a gorgeous natural lip - more opaque than most of the other balms but I like that since it looks a little more polished.

The consistency is the same as the other sugar balms and that is the reason these are such crowd pleasers. Very creamy and incredibly moisturizing. Don't leave it out in the heat or it's sure to melt and you'll be back at the store buying a replacement because you won't be able to live without it!

on 7/17/2014 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

My personal favorite shade of the Fresh Sugar line!

Pros:
-Gorgeous natural rosy pink nude-y color
-Amazing smooth texture
-more moisturizing than a lipstick (!)
-More pigmented than expected, about as much as a lip butter or glossy crayon
-very natural color for any season.

About my look/coloring: I am incredibly fair, with ashy blonde hair and a naturally rosy tinge to my skin and very naturally pigmented lips. Most nude lipsticks are too light and make me look dead. I picked this one up right before a job interview in NYC (Along with a little treat, Dior's 'bouqet' nail color, super lovely!) and immediately felt confident. My ideal MLBB shade. ALTHOUGH IT LOOKS a little MUDDY in the tube, ITS NOT ON YOUR LIPS! It's more neutral than Fresh Sugar Rose, which is a subtle pink. When i wear this I feel like it immediately brings color to my face. I think it would be gorgeous on all skin tones, except perhaps if you have a very yellowy tinge to your skin. Olive/deep/pink skin tones I think would look amazing with this color!

Given that it is super moisturizing, it does slide off a bit, so I use a bit of toilet paper (not tissue, that leaves fibers and white stuff on my lips) to blot it, and sometimes use a little bit of lipliner before. You will have to reapply, as this is not long lasting stuff.

i think what I like most about this product is that even when my lips are dry and cracked, I can put this on and they feel better and LOOK good. I can't do that with regular lipstick. That's why this one always has a place in my clutch during a night out.

HOWEVER, the price is steep. A good alternative I've been using is Revlon color burst lip butter in "pink truffle". They appear pretty similarly on my lips, despite the differences in the tubes/packaging. The texture is different, Petal is more smooth, but I find the "pink truffle' to be just as moisturizing and not sticky. (Thanks to MUA reviewers who reccomended this one, I wouldnt have even thought to purchase it without your reviews! It's my new HG! All my love!)

on 4/13/2014 6:48:00 PM

Not happy with this at all. Way too dark and did not moisturize alot and actually accentuated my lip wrinkles. Thought petal would be light pink which is was not on me, I just bought Maybelline baby lips in pink punch and like it. It doesnt last forever but gave me the moisture and color I was looking for. Light pink and not OVERLY glossy. I am getting more colors in this as its more reasonably priced and feels better overall on me and doesnt taste bad.

on 3/5/2014 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is just ok for me. The color is kind of dark and muddy, and the texture wears off quickly, at least on me. For the price, I was disappointed. Wouldn't repurchase.

on 12/31/2013 11:07:00 PM

This is my new favorite Fresh Sugar Balm. I had previously been loyal to Honey, which I still really like, but Petal is LOVE. This color just does great things for my whole face. And I love how creamy and non-shimmery it is. As much as I hate to admit it, my days of super-glossy, shimmery lips are over. But with this around, I don't even mind. I like the opacity and pigment level of the Petal, Honey and Coral, which pack a little more punch and feel like a nice, creamy lipstick. Living in a super-dry, desert climate means I'm reapplying several times a day, no matter what lip product I use. My only issue with the Sugar balms is how fragile they are. I can't carry the in my purse in the summer months because they melt so fast in the heat, which is why I'm removing one lippie.

on 12/26/2013 5:28:00 PM

This lip treatment is LOVE. I've been venturing into the world of lips, and I stumbled across this gem. When I first put it on, I loved the natural color. It is a flattering warm pink nude. But what really lured me in over time was that it softened my lips immensely. I don't use many lipglosses or lipsticks. I tend to use Blistex chapstick and certain lipstains only. I love the texture of this! Very soft and creamy, and the perfect amount of sheer pugmentation. I definitely recommend. However, I am taking one lippie off because while it worked gloriously initially, I have noticed that my lips have been drying out more than usual after using this for a month.

Popular Lip Treatments