August 20, 2014 | 1875 users online

Concealers - NARS - Radiant Creamy Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by midwestlady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

2nd tube.

My day-beauty routine with this takes 5 minutes. I am getting down to a few key products, one bag, fast quick out the door.

I use only concealer these days; no foundation. Foundation has always makes my skin look dry and dull, no matter the brand it both dries out my skin and washes out the color and depth of my skin tone.

So concealer only.

A bit under the eyes, in nose area, lower cheeks to remove redness, slight onto lips and around and a bit on my chin. I also touch up a few areas of my face that need some coverage

NARS blends into my face beautifully, thins out, and looks really nice. It is not like many others that I have tried; too thick, too slimy, dry, wet, gunky, requiring powder to set (not desired on my dry skin). It does not move around either, and the color Vanilla is a perfect match for my skin tone.

To finish my face, I add a bit of blush, mascara, liner lip gloss and and an easy eye and brow routine.

$29 is a very high priced for a concealer in my book, so can't give it 5 great stars

For performance and ease of use, this is a winner.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by stormydown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I saw the rave reviews from the really pale women, I was excited, since I'm also very pale and it's hard for me to find makeup that matches my skin tone. But this concealer just didn't measure up. I'm currently on Retin-A and my skin is very dry, and this concealer emphasized the flakiness all over my face. Plus even the lightest shade (Chantilly) is STILL too dark. It doesn't look that way in the package, but whether I apply it directly on my face, underneath powder foundation, or on top of liquid foundation, it leaves an orange tint, no matter how little I use or how much I blend. Plus it doesn't actually conceal the redness on my face that well.

I haven't tried it for under my eyes, so maybe it would work for that. But for blemishes and redness on dry skin, this is a no-go for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by DanaeAllan

I wanted to love this, but I can't. I have combination skin, and even when I moisturize, it looks dry and flaky. It's was a disappointment for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Erinmh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I bought this concealer along with the Sheer Glow foundation. My skin has recently changed from oily, to combination with quite a bit more dryness. I was really excited to try this because of all of the rave reviews from people with dry skin. I have tried this concealer with the sheer glow foundation and over others, and it just doesn't work for me. It moves around and separates on my face, and amplifies my dryness like crazy. No matter what I do, how I apply it, or how much moisturizer I slather on underneath, it doesn't like my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Molls32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my new holy grail for a concealer!
It holds up extremely well when it rains or when I sweat.
I'm pretty much as pale as you can get and Chantilly actually matches my skin tone unlike some other concealers I've tried.
It is also fantastic for covering up my horrible under eye circles!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by Chickeys

This concealer reminded me instantly of a Chanel concealer that was discontinued many years ago...I can't remember the name, but my shade was Candlelight, and it was awesome. Anyways...I finally found the Nars RCC at Sephora (constantly OOS, ugh), but then I did and all was good. I chose Vanilla, which is my shade in the concealer stick (love that too) and lemme tell ya: this concealer is everything I was hoping it would be! Creamy, long-lasting, good coverage, easy-to-use (and hygienic) doe-foot applicator, lovely packaging. I dot it on my chin and under my eyes (lightly!) and then I blend it with the low-end Sephora foundation brush. It blends really well and then I can dust it with powder and I'm good to go. It doesn't melt off, doesn't oxidize, and doesn't give my skin any problems. This concealer is lovely, and I will absolutely repurchase when I run out. I do expect the tube to last a long time because I just need whatever's on the applicator each morning. New HG? I think so!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by ireneyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this concealer when I sampled it in the store but after buying it and trying to use it, I don't like it anymore.

I'm asian and on the lighter side of NC20 but my skin tone leans slightly neutral as well. I bought vanilla because chantilly was way too light and the next ones up (Honey/Custard) were way too dark.

This concealer is just way too drying for my undereyes. It makes it look like I have undereye wrinkles........ which is extremely problematic considering that I'm only 17.
Here's a picture (this is actually my eye LOL):

LET ME REPEAT... I AM SEVENTEEN YEARS OLD AND SHOULD NOT HAVE WRINKLES.

Sooo I tried it for my blemishes. The thick and dry texture is perfect for covering imperfections, but my blemishes seriously resurface within an hour or so (yes, I set with powder). This concealer just does NOT last on me no matter how many times I've tried to get it to work.

Needless to say, I returned RCC back to Sephora. I would personally recommend you to buy it (from a store with a nice return policy) and try it out, and if it works - hey great, good for you. If it doesn't, return it.

If price is what's deterring you from trying Nars out, I highly highly recommend Maybelline Fit Me and Mac Prolongwear Concealer! Maybelline's Fit Me is not at all drying for my undereyes and Mac Prolongwear lasts all day on my blemishes. Both of them are significantly cheaper than Nars RCC.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Christylove1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this concealer! It works awesome with the Nars sheer matte foundation. I was currently using the Make up forever full coverage concealer which I really like also but the Nars concealer has become my holy grail. I hope they continued to make it because I plan on purchasing it as long as they do. The only con is the packaging it would be nice if they make it in a tube style instead but other than that I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by sabi21

I made a Makeup Alley account just because this product deserves a 5 star review! Yes, it is on the pricey side but you get your money's worth guaranteed! I have tried a lot of concealer but NOTHING works as well as this product. When taking pictures with flash on, it is obvious that one is wearing concealer. However, with this product, it covers thoroughly and yet blends in so flawlessly.

As for the shade, I think everyone could find an exact match. I use Ginger Medium 2 and it cannot match more perfectly to my skintone. I will continue buying for as long as I live! I haven't tried any other NARS product but will definitely give them a shot now considering how well this worked.

If you are not using NARS radiant creamy concealer, what on earth are you doing?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by mckennaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate the packaging but the actual product itself is amazing.

Long lasting, creamy and easy to blend!