NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.2

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have tried many other concealers (Lancome's Effacernes, which was my previous go-to but the consistency was too runny for my liking. Clé de Peau, I liked the packaging but it settled into fine lines - to name a few) and finally this one from Nars appeals to me on all aspects.

1) Packaging - it can fit into my small makeup case that I keep in my purse at all times.
2) Application - I don't need to use any other tools to apply as it comes with a doe-foot applicator, meaning you can apply on-the-go.
3) Consistency - not too runny and not too thick, feels great to apply/blend and quick to do.
4) Coverage - you can go from medium to high build-up, a little goes a long way. It never settles into fine lines or cakes.
5) Lasting power - it usually lasts me ~8 hours. So if I'm going out after work, I generally reapply. I've had my current tube for 5 months now. My previous tubes have lasted me ~8 months with daily undereye usage and very occasional spot coverage.

How I use it: I apply a tinted moisturizer all over my face, then I apply a swipe of the Nars creamy concealer on my undereye area, blotting/dabbing in (never wiping/rubbing) with my ring finger to blend. Sometimes I will set it with a powder, but I like the 'radiant' look as well. I wear Nars' tinted moisturizer in St. Moritz and use the Creamy Concealer in Ginger.

on 4/26/2015 3:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Overall, it's very good concealer as it is highly pigmented and it does last long if set properly with a setting powder or just a pressed powder patted on top with a sponge. However lately I have had dry under eyes so the fine lines are showing a lot more. It does crease a lot and give a drier looking under eyes. I have tried several ways to apply it - with serum and eye cream, just serum, just eye cream, with and without setting powder but it still dries my under eyes and shows the fine lines even more. So if you do have the same dry issues then this concealer might not be the best. As usual NARS can be pricey and I don't want this to go to waste. I bought med2 Ginger and have been using it as a highlighter. I am c4 / c5 in MAC face&body and this colour is a good every day simple look highlighter on the cheeks, brow bone and nose. Packaging is good, simple and typical NARS black rubbery handle which tend to really attract dirt but easy to clean with wet wipes.

on 4/26/2015 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

love max

on 4/25/2015 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this in the Vanilla shade (Light 2) to cover up my dark circles after a consultation with a salesperson at Sephora. Of course it looked great in the store, but I've noticed lately that when I apply it in natural light, it looks more orange than the rest of my face. It also has a tendency to crease in the lines under my eyes, which was something I was specifically trying to avoid.

The concealer is very creamy and pigmented and it lasted me a long time. I might consider buying it again if I found a better shade, but since it accentuates my lines, for now it's a dealbreaker.

on 4/24/2015 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a fantastic concealer. Extremely good coverage. On my NC20 skin, I chose Custard. Don't go by Nars' shade ascending order but rather tones to suit your needs. I use this predominantly for around my nose to conceal redness and under my eyes after I have colour corrected.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (I used shade 10 and finished two tubes before biting the bullet and buying Nars) is not comparable. Nars is much more pigmented, opaque and slightly tackier/thicker/creamier in consistency. Nars is similar to Mac Pro Long Wear except Nars is more suitable on my normal to dry skin whereas Mac dried out my undereye area slightly, looking crepey at times. Nars is a satin natural finish. Mac is matte. Maybelline is dewy-satin. Maybelline Fit Me may look the same packaging wise however, I had to use 2+ layers to achieve decent coverage. 3 dots of Nars concealer completely banishes any flaws under my eyes. A dot around each side of my nose covers all hormonal redness. Maybelline required a whole swipe each side. Redip into tube and another swipe for the opposite nostril.

On days when I do not need a made up face, a dot around my nostrils to cover redness. 3 dots under each eye blended out.. Topped with MAC msfn and I am out the door.

$35 for this tube in Australia. Packaging is okay. No issues with concealer building up at the rim of the tube. Maybelline in the other hand... Nars' rubberised packaging can be annoying. My post concealer blending fingers touch the tube and blaaaaah smudges galore.

Would I repurchase? For $35... IT cosmetic concealer and Tarte concealer are much more efficient.

on 4/21/2015 5:37:00 PM

Packaging- general Nars mostly-black scheme, the type of rubberized material that seems to attract dirt :(

Color- I am NC15 and bought this in Custard and it matches perfectly.

Wear- I put this on a spot of hyperpigmentation at noon. It did not cover 100%, but I have yet to find anything that does, even supposed tattoo concealers. At this point I was fine with the coverage. I then drove in my air conditioned car to my air conditioned office and 4 hours later it was like there was no concealer left. I do not have oily skin, nor was it flaky from dryness, it was just gone.

on 4/19/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

This is hands down the best concealer ever! The rave reviews are true!!! I have been using it for a month and purchased it in the color Amande to actually conceal the hyper pigmentation on my cheeks from acne (reference: ELDW sandlewood, Lancome 460w, Clinique Golden, I stopped wearing Mac long ago but I recall being NC 47).

The shade Amande matches my skin tone perfectly and smoothly covers my dark spots flawlessly. The formula is rich and creamy and highly pigmented. A little goes a long way. I use it on top my foundation and I have not broken out since using this and my skin breaks out EXTREMELY easily (it's ridiculous) The only thing I don't like about this is the packaging. The wand is awesome and IMO hygienic if using solely for yourself but it will be difficult to get the product that is left on the sides of the tube. I plan on buying the color two shades lighter for highlighting.

It is extremely expensive as well but the price is excusable in relation to my picky skin and hard to match skin tone.

on 4/19/2015 2:16:00 AM

While this is the best concealer I've tried, I don't find it to be quite perfect. I have very dark circles that I think look more prominent with my fair skin. I initially had the shade chantilly which matches my face pretty well but made my circles look very ashy. I've since bought vanilla for under my eyes and I find it far preferable since its quite pink. It does crease on me, but less so than other concealers I've tried and even less so now that I use a good eye cream. It doesn't go crepey on me like other concealers do either. I quite like this on dark spots on my face, but less so on active breakouts as it seems to break up faster than my foundation. I'm considering the new Urban Decay concealer when I run out of this one, but should that not work I'll be back to the Radiant Creamy!

on 4/14/2015 1:16:00 AM

This concealer is a creamy consistency like the name suggests but don't be fooled like I was into thinking that it's moisturising! This made my under eye area bone dry unless I moisturised very thoroughly and even then towards the end of the day when my skin is naturally more dehydrated and less fresh, this didn't look great. The coverage was good and the lipgloss style applicator had me reaching for it when I was short for time over MAC's PLW or RMCA's VK Palette (both of these options are messier and require cleaning up to some degree) however the end result is not particularly natural on my thin, not all that youthful under eye area. I infinitely prefer Maybelline's Fit Me concealer or the previously mentioned options but Fit Me has the same wand applicator that's so convenient. Granted I need two layers of the Fit Me (blend and allow time to dry between layers) but the end result looks like I'm not wearing concealer, which is what I want.

THIS PRODUCT SUCKS! If you have dry under-eyes (dry skin in general), this product will not be your friend. The concealer has a very dry consistency, and is not forgiving if you were to put too much on. It doesn't blend well, and is extremely drying for underneath the eyes. I'm in my early twenties; I don't need a product that creases underneath my eyes, and makes me look older because of the caky creasingness. I've had MUCH better luck finding drugstore concealers that work wonders. Covergirl's Ready Set Gorgeous concealer is creamy, and is a much thinner consistency. I'd recommend that one. Plus, it's way less expensive.

I tried to use this product up by using it as an eyeshadow primer.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation & NARS Creamy Concealer - Review and Demonstration by BeautySavers

Top Rated NARS Products