September 20, 2014 | 1885 users online

Moisturizers - Jurlique - Calendula Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

very good for dry irritate skin. this cream is very rich and has yellow color which helps with the redness on your face. i use this when i need more TLC to my irritated skin. good to have if you have sensitive dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by jnys

This product healed the scaly eczema spots on my face!

I had a horrible eczema breakout on my face awhile ago because of an overly enthusiastic exfoliating session and it would not go away for months despite me using an expensive PTR hyaluronic serum, cortisone creams, switching to soap-free cleansers etc. It was red, scaly and would show up under my makeup as flakey spots.

However I was given a sample of the calendula cream and after a week or 2 of constant application (a dab of the product after cleansing), the flakiness went away! I purchased the full sized tube because it was on sale and I now use it occasionally on dry and irritated patches on my face. I would not use it as a moisturiser for the entire face though, because the texture seems too rich for that.

Pros:
1) Healed my stubborn eczema spots
2) A little goes a LONG way
3) Multipurpose and can be used on the body as well

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by lalelilolu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this cream. I've been using it on and off for years, even before Jurlique became the huge company it is today. The formula does not seem to have changed --- I hope they never change it!!!

It's very pure as it is. This cream has a pretty marigold yellow color and a rich consistency. It feels very luxurious when you put it on (I usually use it as night, after spritzing with rose water). The weather will get cold soon, so it's a great cream for this transition stage. Even though the cream is rich, it absorbs quickly and is not as moisturizing as you might think. I wouldn't use it in the dead of winter, when I need something much richer.

This is a fantastic cream for people who have rosacea, as I do. I don't have rosacea everyday - it's triggered by alcohol, spicy foods, etc. But, I do find that this cream really soothes my skin. I am in my early 30s, so I think my breakouts are decreasing, but I do get them from stress, hormonal fluctuations, and certain foods (too much dairy usually). I also get them from certain products that can congest my pores (like pure rosehip oil, which created all kinds of bumps on my face when I tried using it as a moisturizer). The Calendula Cream doesn't break me out at all. I use it liberally on my face and neck.

I also like the old school metal tube.

This moisturizer, while not cheap, is definitely more affordable than some of Jurlique's other moisturizers, and I highly recommend it. Sadly, it looks like my tube is already close to running out. I think I may get one more tube before winter comes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I turned 20, I found my skin was transitioning from oily and acne prone, to sensitive and dry. I had a lot of trouble finding the right moisturiser, texture and ingredients, to use during that period. That's when I chanced upon this. But because this is so expensive, I've tried different day time moisturisers without much luck over the last 4 years, and always came back to this.

The scent is mild and it immediately calms any redness on the face. The texture is creamy and thick, rubs easily into your skin and leaves a matte finish immediately upon application. If you use makeup, whether sheer or full, this creates a superb, hydrating yet matte-finish base. From experience, it holds light makeup really well without a primer and after 12 hours, just a healthy dewy looking face is left. If all else fails, this cream is great for cuts and burns, so it'll never go to waste.

I've been through two 40ml tubes and one 125ml tube. But of late I find the calendula tends to irritate my skin quite a bit. Looking for a moisturiser with similar texture/ingredients WITHOUT calendula. Recommendations most welcome!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by eskimo122

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this after my favorite moisturizer (l'occitane ultra comfort cream) was discontinued. I've been using it for over a month and so far it hasn't broken out my sensitive, acne-prone skin but its just not a great moisturizer for the winter months. My skin is oily and acne prone but i have some very dry peeling spots and the calendula cream does not do a good job of getting rid of them! this would be a better moisturizer for the summer. for reference, as suggested by other reviewers, i place some product on my fingers to warm it and dab a thin layer on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by greengrapefruit

I have been using this on and off for almost 1 year so it's time for a review.
I love this product for a few reasons.

1. It is soothing. I had some irritation and major dryness + redness from too much Benzoyl Peroxide and I used to this moisturize and even dotted on the extra spots. After 2 days, the redness is gone and the dryness is much improved.
2. It is creamy, and for me at least, looks good under foundation.
3. It seems safe for my acne-prone, combination skin.
I do not use this all the time because I rotate between this, Argan oil, and the other Jurlique creams (Moisture Replenishing and Balancing Day).

Currently, I still get breakouts but they are hormonal, I do not think this cream aggravate my acne at all. I need a rich cream due to the dry and cold winter and my acne treatment, and this is great.

I smooth this in right after I wash and lightly pat dry with tissue, so that my face is still a little wet. It soaks right in and leave me not shiny for a few hours.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by punseewing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i personally ain't a fan of this product.it's f**kin oily and my skin starts to break out after using it.(not massive red breakouts, but those bloody white heads and oil)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by starsdotu

Looks thick and feels oily, but this cream absorbs nicely into your skin. I rub it a bit first on my hand to warm it up before applying like other users have suggested. This really calms my acne and any red spots around my skin. It's a dramatic difference.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by GingerNoisette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It's really good
It cause no problem

but it doesn't deserve this tag. There are lots of organic brands out there as good as this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall, it's not a bad moisturizer. I was hooked on Jurlique products because of their organic/natural positioning in the cosmetic/skincare market.

This moisturizer, is sticky and doesn't immedietly sink into your skin. As a result, I ended up using it at night because I found that makeup would not go well on top of it. As a nightime moisturizer, it was adequate. It wasn't overly moisturizing or calming.

I would buy this product again not with great enthusiasm but moreso if I was exasperated by other moisturizers that I'd tried that hadn't worked or made my skin worse.